No announcement yet.

Europe. In or out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not suggesting that any poll has got it spot on, what I'm suggesting is that the majority have it running pretty close, mostly within 5%-8% tops. So have one claiming a 60% lead seems a bit iffy to me and wouldn't trust it as far as I could throw Boris!

Comment

• I think poles are not so accurate these days because older people tend not to take part in them. Younger people tend to take place in online poles and as for telephone poles older people often have these numbers barred. I think this is what happened in Scotland, where more youngsters wanted independence.

Comment

• Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
        I see some Geography teacher found it ok to send a class of youngsters out on a midnight stroll along Dover beach. Consequently, a rescue helicopter, the RNLI and 40 clifftop rescuers had to be called out. Where's Worton
        Oh I see, one teacher makes a wrong call, so that means we can denigrate the whole profession. Of course there are poor teachers , just like in any other job. But if you want to tar them all with the same brush, then perhaps you have to think about incompetent people you have worked with. Every workplace has them, what is crucial in teaching is that you are dealing with the next generation, the education policies of Gove and Morgan have got nowhere near dealing with their needs. Teachers are monumentally hacked off with the constant denigration from government and OFSTED and ridiculous demands to complete unnecessary paperwork. If you want to criticise teachers, then perhaps think about how you would deal with a class of teenagers for an hour on a Friday afternoon!

Comment

• Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post
          They were all wrong last May, weren't they.

LFW, Dot.Org and WATRB's polls combined give an out verdict.��

Take a look at Skynews, the comments posted on any referendum story are normally overwhelming for exit.

Anyway, I am voting out, have a good afternoon.
          Averaging across the three sites gives it fairly close.

LFW
          IN 45.7%
          OUT 46.6%

QPRDOTORG
          IN 54%
          OUT 38%

WATRB
          IN 36.5%
          OUT 63.5%

The average of all three:

IN 45.4%
          OUT 49.3%

WATRB does not give a 'Don't Know' option. The question then is are football fans (or more precisely QPR fans) representative of the UK as a whole? It's probably a reasonably close demographic.

Don't forget that in the run up to the Scottish referendum, the OUT vote in all polls surged to be ahead, but of course, the final result was IN.

It's very hard to call this. There has been an unprecedented surge in people registering to vote in the last two weeks (with record number in the last few days), with the majority being under 30. I think in the end people will vote rationally and stay in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hubble View Post
            Averaging across the three sites gives it fairly close.

LFW
            IN 45.7%
            OUT 46.6%

QPRDOTORG
            IN 54%
            OUT 38%

WATRB
            IN 36.5%
            OUT 63.5%

The average of all three:

IN 45.4%
            OUT 49.3%

WATRB does not give a 'Don't Know' option. The question then is are football fans (or more precisely QPR fans) representative of the UK as a whole? It's probably a reasonably close demographic.

Don't forget that in the run up to the Scottish referendum, the OUT vote in all polls surged to be ahead, but of course, the final result was IN.

It's very hard to call this. There has been an unprecedented surge in people registering to vote in the last two weeks (with record number in the last few days), with the majority being under 30. I think in the end people will vote rationally and stay in.
            No need to add the last sentence. You and I Hubble live in different areas, have different job and are at a different stage of our lives. Rational? What's rational for you could work as a disaster for me. Personally think it would help youngsters vote out because the divide from rich to poor has become unacceptable. Regarding the poll, I'd imagine the majority under 30's will vote out so that does back up Melanie's opinion. The older generation that are in their comfort zone will mainly want to stay in. What parents have to think is what is the consequence for their child if they vote in and find a balance.
            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
              No need to add the last sentence. You and I Hubble live in different areas, have different job and are at a different stage of our lives. Rational? What's rational for you could work as a disaster for me. Personally think it would help youngsters vote out because the divide from rich to poor has become unacceptable. Regarding the poll, I'd imagine the majority under 30's will vote out so that does back up Melanie's opinion. The older generation that are in their comfort zone will mainly want to stay in. What parents have to think is what is the consequence for their child if they vote in and find a balance.
              So if I misled you (with the comparison to Scotland) but I think it is opposite. The young people do not know anything other than being in Europe, and I think they will vote to stay in because they don't want their lifestyle (travel work etc.) affected. I think the older people will vote out. We know what it was like before the EU and think we were ill-advised when we voted the first time. Most of the people I know are the older generation and they are all voting out without any hesitation. I have to admit that two of them actually voted no in the first referendum.

Comment

• One could be forgiven for thinking that the inner's are slightly worried.

Vote out.
                I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

• Originally posted by easthertsr View Post
                  Oh I see, one teacher makes a wrong call, so that means we can denigrate the whole profession. Of course there are poor teachers , just like in any other job. But if you want to tar them all with the same brush, then perhaps you have to think about incompetent people you have worked with. Every workplace has them, what is crucial in teaching is that you are dealing with the next generation, the education policies of Gove and Morgan have got nowhere near dealing with their needs. Teachers are monumentally hacked off with the constant denigration from government and OFSTED and ridiculous demands to complete unnecessary paperwork. If you want to criticise teachers, then perhaps think about how you would deal with a class of teenagers for an hour on a Friday afternoon!
                  Your dead right there are incompetents in all walks but I can tell you this no other trades would put up with them and cover their backs and deny they exist like teaching ,
                  Bricklayers wouldn't stand for carrying liabilities Nor the police or the army as they would be a danger to work with

Comment

• Read this, 122 comments, 90% plus in favour of Brexit.

http://news.sky.com/story/1708228/pm...ng-eu-untruths

It's the same every day.

Comment

• Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                      Your dead right there are incompetents in all walks but I can tell you this no other trades would put up with them and cover their backs and deny they exist like teaching ,
                      Bricklayers wouldn't stand for carrying liabilities Nor the police or the army as they would be a danger to work with
                      I taught in schools for over thirty years and trust me just as in your job people who can't deliver cause a problem for everyone. I don't know where this misconception that teachers who are unable to do the job are allowed to continue comes from? Could it be Mr. Gove and his friends?

Comment

• Originally posted by easthertsr View Post
                        I taught in schools for over thirty years and trust me just as in your job people who can't deliver cause a problem for everyone. I don't know where this misconception that teachers who are unable to do the job are allowed to continue comes from? Could it be Mr. Gove and his friends?
                        Right East you have inside knowledge tell us how many teachers have sacked for being incompetent over the last 20 years

Comment

• Originally posted by TimPR78 View Post
                          I'm not suggesting that any poll has got it spot on, what I'm suggesting is that the majority have it running pretty close, mostly within 5%-8% tops. So have one claiming a 60% lead seems a bit iffy to me and wouldn't trust it as far as I could throw Boris!

everyone i know and spoke to want out
                          http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                            Right East you have inside knowledge tell us how many teachers have sacked for being incompetent over the last 20 years
                            I have absolutely no idea , perhaps you could tell me how many have been sacked in your line of work?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                              everyone i know and spoke to want out
                              Yes, I would agree, none of my close friend's have a good word for the EU, they all want out.

Comment

• Westminster doing away with 75 cctv cameras to save a million. lining pockets before brexit no doubt, legal villains.
                                Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Working...
                                X