Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• out!

Comment

• I am a firm believer in if voting mattered they wouldn't let us do it.

Not sure how it will effect my life being in or out, so probably won't vote unless I do some reading up on it.
      @chrisrobson9

Comment

• Originally posted by gaza09 View Post
        If anyone is interested this documentary is an eye opener on the subject

https://youtu.be/eYqzcqDtL3k
        Thanks Gaza, very informative.
        Love the bit about Tony Blair and the last place on a lifeboat, describes him perfectly.
        “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
        Will Danaher

Comment

• So – the ‘in’ campaign is now in the business of calling anyone who is considering voting ‘out’ a casual racist or Daily Mail reading xenophobe….pathetic. This tactic is often employed by Labour politicians on Question Time, simply to get cheap applause from the audience – but it’s only used to stifle discussion and debase any reasonable debate. If you google ‘Godwins Law’ you’ll find a theory that the first person in a debate who resorts to calling someone a racist/Nazi/xenophobe automatically loses the argument – and it’s true. When will people realise that wanting CONTOLLED immigration is not racist, it’s merely logical given finite space and resources..! I don’t think anyone is suggesting we shouldn’t continue to help the most vulnerable, so please put down your croissant and low fat latte and get off your high horse..!

I’ve also heard the ‘in’ campaigners constantly mention that the only reason we’re having this referendum in the first place is because the Tories wanted to placate UKIP. Apparently if it was up to Labour (and the SNP in Scotland) we wouldn’t even be having this referendum…! An amazing attempt to deny the people a democratic vote!

I’d advise any ‘in’ campaigners to stop this nonsense and engage in a reasonable debate, because right now the only thing you’re achieving is driving more people towards the door.

Anyhow, wanting ‘out’ is not just about immigration by any stretch but I’ll not go into that now…
          "Ever since you were born I always knew you were a bender!"
          The Last Airbender - M Night Shyamalan - 2010

Comment

• Originally posted by Cardiff Ranger View Post
            So – the ‘in’ campaign is now in the business of calling anyone who is considering voting ‘out’ a casual racist or Daily Mail reading xenophobe….pathetic. This tactic is often employed by Labour politicians on Question Time, simply to get cheap applause from the audience – but it’s only used to stifle discussion and debase any reasonable debate. If you google ‘Godwins Law’ you’ll find a theory that the first person in a debate who resorts to calling someone a racist/Nazi/xenophobe automatically loses the argument – and it’s true. When will people realise that wanting CONTOLLED immigration is not racist, it’s merely logical given finite space and resources..! I don’t think anyone is suggesting we shouldn’t continue to help the most vulnerable, so please put down your croissant and low fat latte and get off your high horse..!

I’ve also heard the ‘in’ campaigners constantly mention that the only reason we’re having this referendum in the first place is because the Tories wanted to placate UKIP. Apparently if it was up to Labour (and the SNP in Scotland) we wouldn’t even be having this referendum…! An amazing attempt to deny the people a democratic vote!

I’d advise any ‘in’ campaigners to stop this nonsense and engage in a reasonable debate, because right now the only thing you’re achieving is driving more people towards the door.

Anyhow, wanting ‘out’ is not just about immigration by any stretch but I’ll not go into that now…
            FARKING HELL, the racist comment has been explained numerous times. Save yourself the rant/essay and just read the explanation of it on here. was more than warranted too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
              FARKING HELL, the racist comment has been explained numerous times. Save yourself the rant/essay and just read the explanation of it on here. was more than warranted too.
              It's not just your comment Ramsey (however justified), it's happening in pretty much every debate and conservation around the country. It just happens to be my opinion that if it continuous it will turn into a 'Gordon Brown and that bigoted woman' moment...a sure fire vote loser for the 'IN' campaign...
              "Ever since you were born I always knew you were a bender!"
              The Last Airbender - M Night Shyamalan - 2010

Comment

It's not just your comment Ramsey (however justified), it's happening in pretty much every debate and conservation around the country. It just happens to be my opinion that if it continuous it will turn into a 'Gordon Brown and that bigoted woman' moment...a sure fire vote loser for the 'IN' campaign...
                I do understand that, but more reiterates my point that all that seems to be discussed is "border control". As mentioned before, this is most likely the fault of the political parties involved.

Like before, i certainly wouldn't call anyone wrong for voting out, each to their own and that, but think its dangerous when you let people vote and they dont really know what they are voting for. As much as everything cant be set on stone to happen before the event takes place, there is damning evidence/statistics that would suggest we will suffer financially / economically if out of the EU.

Debate could go on forever really and no matter what the result there will always be a "what if".

Comment

• Mental lefties

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                    Mental lefties

Comment

As much as everything cant be set on stone to happen before the event takes place, there is damning evidence/statistics that would suggest we will suffer financially / economically if out of the EU.
                      We are already suffering being in it. Cameron went to Europe and got nothing, so much for inside EU influence. There is no evidence that anyone can predict the future, unless people are happy believing propaganda, governments lie all the time, and this is the biggie one that will show how gullible the electorate are, if they get away with it. They really think we're stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greengrass View Post
                        We are already suffering being in it. Cameron went to Europe and got nothing, so much for inside EU influence. There is no evidence that anyone can predict the future, unless people are happy believing propaganda, governments lie all the time, and this is the biggie one that will show how gullible the electorate are, if they get away with it. They really think we're stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greengrass View Post
                          Bang on.

Only way I see people being remain is out of fear.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                            Bang on.

Only way I see people being remain is out of fear.
                            absolutely, but that fear, IMO of course, is justified and very realistic. Everyone may pass it off as "scaremongering", which granted there is a bit of, but somewhere amungst the layers of bullsh!t is a very realistic chance leaving the EU would be terrible for us.

I see the bookies are making it 1/3 that we will stay.

Comment

the man who runs the Eden project is another who thinks those voting to leave are a 'tad racist'
                              I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                              This morning's tempest I have to cross
                              I must be guided without a stumble
                              Into the arms I love the most

Comment

absolutely, but that fear, IMO of course, is justified and very realistic. Everyone may pass it off as "scaremongering", which granted there is a bit of, but somewhere amungst the layers of bullsh!t is a very realistic chance leaving the EU would be terrible for us.

I see the bookies are making it 1/3 that we will stay.
                                We're lead to believe the bookie's are on the ball yet I haven't met anybody who admits to wanting to stay in so I have to ask do the bookie's only take note of the voters with a vested interest in staying in and ignore Joe Bloggs the punter off the streets

Comment

Working...
                                X