X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shania
    replied
    Originally posted by Undecided View Post

On his recent performances? What are we missing?

A new striker to partner him perhaps?

Leave a comment:

• Undecided
    replied
    Originally posted by shanns View Post

Christ when you mention the 80's I think that's about 20 years ago.
    Isn't it?

Leave a comment:

• WeAreQPR12
    replied
    Originally posted by shanns View Post

Christ when you mention the 80’s I think that’s about
    20 years ago. Oh dear! Oldish git. :0
    Although I tend to disagree with much he says Shanns. I agree Brentford are a fine example but they've revamped their whole infrastructure of the club. We were fairly savy in the 80's but for me that was all undone in the 90's when we sold Sir Les and Sinclair. I loved Ray Wilkins RIP as a player but as a manager we never did recover from his shocking decisions. Not easy replacing quality. When we spent big that was purely on wages whereas we should of spent it on transfer cost. We also had redchap using his little black book. Very hard to build success in a way that we did in the 80's unfortunately

Leave a comment:

• SheepRanger
    replied
    Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post

Most likely scenario. However now we seem to have finally sorted ourselves out we need to have some faith the club can sensibly recruit whilst making a decent profit on transfers. That's who we are and if Brentford is our model then it worked for them. We tried spending bigger than we could and arguably that didn't work out too well. Back in the 80s we would sell a player or two every year to balance the books.
    I would be extremely confident that we have a long list of loan and L1/2 players for short term and long term options.

I hate the premiership with a passion and would be happy to see us being a top 8 championship club which is sustainable by selling those players on for £50m and seeing enjoyment in the new batch coming through. I want to see my team winning most games not getting thrashed in the prem and being on the wrong end of ref decisions to the big clubs.

All the prem us good for is £300m from one season there and parachute money. I love the championship as a competition and theres nothing wrong with knowing your place in life! I know one Leeds home and away season ticket holder who wouldnt mind being back in the championship.

Leave a comment:

• shanns
    replied
    Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post

Most likely scenario. However now we seem to have finally sorted ourselves out we need to have some faith the club can sensibly recruit whilst making a decent profit on transfers. That's who we are and if Brentford is our model then it worked for them. We tried spending bigger than we could and arguably that didn't work out too well. Back in the 80s we would sell a player or two every year to balance the books.
    Christ when you mention the 80’s I think that’s about
    20 years ago. Oh dear! Oldish git. :0

Leave a comment:

• FurtiveFox
    replied
    Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
    I'm sure Dickie and Dykes will be if interest to preniership teams who have one eye on the championship next season.

But all our saleable players should have a minimum value of £15m each to even consider a Jan sale when we're in the top 6. I can't see more than one player being sold, if any.

If we dont go up I can see four players being sold in the summer for circa £50-60m and the cycle starts again.

Leave a comment:

• SheepRanger
    replied
    I'm sure Dickie and Dykes will be if interest to preniership teams who have one eye on the championship next season.

But all our saleable players should have a minimum value of £15m each to even consider a Jan sale when we're in the top 6. I can't see more than one player being sold, if any.

If we dont go up I can see four players being sold in the summer for circa £50-60m and the cycle starts again.

Leave a comment:

• Undecided
    replied
    Originally posted by Shania View Post
    Steve Cook to Forest instead of QPR and Lyndon Dykes is on Brighton`s and Burnley`s list of January targets??
    On his recent performances? What are we missing?

Leave a comment:

• topperharley
    replied
    Originally posted by lincoln ranger View Post
    Wingbacks???????
    This x 10 million

RWB the most important boots to fill at the club, despite my love for Uncle.

Or we change formation.

Leave a comment:

• cross it Dave
    replied
    The idiot journalist probably could not count past 5.

Leave a comment:

• Dono77
    replied
    Mirror saying west ham want dickie. His value........5 million. Lol!!! Great joke!!

Leave a comment:

• Shania
    replied
    Steve Cook to Forest instead of QPR and Lyndon Dykes is on Brighton`s and Burnley`s list of January targets??

Leave a comment:

• Shania
    replied
    Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post

Kasey Palmer?...He's a good playmaker but he's out of favour at Bristol City because he doesn't work defensively when Bristol don't have the ball, kind of like a certain Adel Taarabt...he's a good player to have up top if your defence is strong enough that you can afford to have someone who won't put a shift in at the back...unless of course Warbs can work on his weeknesses.
    Not another JET I hope, but in Warburton we trust?

Leave a comment:

• SheepRanger
    replied
    Originally posted by QPROslo View Post
    According to this article we are after Kasey Palmer:

QPR in advanced talks to sign Bristol City midfielder to boost Premier League promotion bid - Bristol Live (bristolpost.co.uk)

He has apparatently failed to convince three successive Bristol City managers he is good enough to be selected, but Ferdinans obviously thinks we can turn him into Championships best no 10 acciding this newspaper. And according to the article we have given him "assurances over his place in the team", which means he will start ahead of either Chair or Willock.

I do not know if it is anything in this rumour, but we can of course rule out that he will be given any assurance of a place in the team.
    If the powers that be think they can get a tune out of him that's good enough for me. I doubt any team in the country would give a player a guarantee of being in the starting eleven. It seems hes had a few rough seasons, needs building back up, and might be cover for this season and a possible starter next season if are still in the championship and Willock/Chair get sold.

Leave a comment:

• QPROslo
    replied
    According to this article we are after Kasey Palmer:

QPR in advanced talks to sign Bristol City midfielder to boost Premier League promotion bid - Bristol Live (bristolpost.co.uk)

He has apparatently failed to convince three successive Bristol City managers he is good enough to be selected, but Ferdinans obviously thinks we can turn him into Championships best no 10 acciding this newspaper. And according to the article we have given him "assurances over his place in the team", which means he will start ahead of either Chair or Willock.

I do not know if it is anything in this rumour, but we can of course rule out that he will be given any assurance of a place in the team.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X