Matt Smith on board - Official

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
    If we sign Smith as a replacement for Polter then it really is a pisstake. Don't see how Smith fits in though. I think it's clear Ollie wants a high energy, hard working, pressing team and Smith literally can't move.
    If this signing is true then it's clear the game plan will be to hoof the ball forward as quickly as we can and get bodies up around him to pick up the crumbs. We won't be slipping balls in behind for him to run onto as he has no legs so it won't be quick football with movement up top. Hoof it up and fight for the ball!!!! Exciting times ahead thought we had moved away from drossball

Perhaps brining in a partner for Washington to play off

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
      If this signing is true then it's clear the game plan will be to hoof the ball forward as quickly as we can and get bodies up around him to pick up the crumbs. We won't be slipping balls in behind for him to run onto as he has no legs so it won't be quick football with movement up top. Hoof it up and fight for the ball!!!! Exciting times ahead thought we had moved away from drossball

Perhaps brining in a partner for Washington to play off
      Yes and no mate.

Not a terrible thing to have a big lump on the bench to bring on if you need him. Not a fan of hoof ball but at times there is at place for it in this league!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
        Yes and no mate.

Not a terrible thing to have a big lump on the bench to bring on if you need him. Not a fan of hoof ball but at times there is at place for it in this league!
        Agree Tarbs and I'm not against getting ball forward early as long as those behind him do job and get up and support and we start playing from there, but if it ends up lump forward and move breaks down it will be hard to watch

Comment

Rather go get bogle ! It's a risk but could get him for a mil but least he is good in the air and mobile with some potential resale value ! No pointing buying a creative cm in goss then sticking a giant that can't move up front!

Comment

Originally posted by norfolk ranger View Post
            Farking hope he doesn't sign,he is utter shite.
            This. Sadly.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
              Christ he hasnt kicked a ball yet ......talk about fickle fans yes you are entitled to your opinions but come on
              If what's being said about him is true, it will only get worse once he kicks a ball.
              “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
              Will Danaher

Comment

Hope this is b*llox because Matt Smith is terrible

Comment

Hold on; He was quite good at Leeds, a good header of the ball which we sorely need if we want CW to play at his strength in a 4-4-2-formation. Some sources do also say that he has a decent shot in him. Additionally; At the age of 27, a move to us is maybe his last chance to resque his career. Hence, If we can get him and Lambert in I think we are sorted this season.t

On a sidenote; Am I being a bit too optimistic now..
                  Last edited by Shania; 29-01-2017, 01:47 PM.
                  QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

Comment

He's not in the squad for Fulham's cup-game today��

Comment

In my opinion polters better, would rather us get a foreign striker or a unknown with potential than sign this lump!
                      http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Well hate to say but it is looking more likely that he will b our lump

Comment

Never heard of him so can't really comment too much on the possible signing but from what I've read he's a lesser Polter.

I'll give him a chance in QPR colours. Who knows, he might strive under Ollie.
                          Feed The Massimo And He Will Score

Comment

He might be rubbish.

Would've rather kept Polter

Would've rather got someone better than both.

However live in hope that all he has to do is help keep us up, then hope we have an eye to making something happen in the Summer.....i guess.

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post
                              He might be rubbish.

Would've rather kept Polter

Would've rather got someone better than both.

However live in hope that all he has to do is help keep us up, then hope we have an eye to making something happen in the Summer.....i guess.
                              This is the extent of our ambition now

Equivalent of rummaging through a skip

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                                Hold on; He was quite good at Leeds, a good header of the ball which we sorely need if we want CW to play at his strength in a 4-4-2-formation. Some sources do also say that he has a decent shot in him. Additionally; At the age of 27, a move to us is maybe his last chance to resque his career. Hence, If we can get him and Lambert in I think we are sorted this season.t

On a sidenote; Am I being a bit too optimistic now..
                                Lambert from 5 years back would of been a good signing but now he is well past it,if we sign either Smith or lambert it will be a shocking piece of business. Polter was better than these 2 donkeys.

Comment

Working...
                                X