Matt Smith on board - Official

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
    Point is we don't know. Most likely it will be undisclosed and we'll never know. Yet some on here are ready to slaughter the club for spending 1m quid plus on a donkey before he's even kicked a ball.
    I'm with you mate. He gets 10 games from me, same as everyone else we sign
    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
    Pawel Wszolek - 6
    Luke Freeman - 6
    Matt Smith - 6
    Ebere Eze - 4
    Joel Lynch - 3
    Tomer Hemed - 3
    Toni Leistner - 2
    Massimo Luongo- 2
    Angel Rangel - 2
    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
    Geoff Cameron - 1
    Aramide Oteh - 1
    Jake Bidwell - 1
    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
      Sky reporting £500k for Smith. Only 9 goals for Fulham but he's only made 20 starts for them. Sky report says he notched 13 in 20 games for Bristol City, that's more than decent.

Only 27. Not all bad news.
      But I thought he was a donkey? He is according to the experts on here? That's not a bad return for a donkey.
      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
      Pawel Wszolek - 6
      Luke Freeman - 6
      Matt Smith - 6
      Ebere Eze - 4
      Joel Lynch - 3
      Tomer Hemed - 3
      Toni Leistner - 2
      Massimo Luongo- 2
      Angel Rangel - 2
      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
      Geoff Cameron - 1
      Aramide Oteh - 1
      Jake Bidwell - 1
      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
        But I thought he was a donkey? He is according to the experts on here? That's not a bad return for a donkey.
        Perhaps he's the new half time entertainment. Instead of running round a pole, the kids will chase him with a tail and a pin.

Comment

Pretty sure you was writing off Gladwin after a few?

Comment

1 for me and if he doesnt get a hattrick then hes a pointless signing ARGH!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
              Sky reporting £500k for Smith. Only 9 goals for Fulham but he's only made 20 starts for them. Sky report says he notched 13 in 20 games for Bristol City, that's more than decent.

Only 27. Not all bad news.
              To be fair he had a fairly decent spell at Leeds with McCormack.

Comment

• Although I'm not "blown away" by this particular signing Ollie did state in his last interview that we need to find different ways of winning a game and that to do that you need different types of players.

Can see Smith and Washington play that "big man small man" type striking role that we might need at home to break down a stubborn defence and Sylla with runners to hit teams on the break for away games.
                Tony Fernandes Blue N White Army

Comment

• My concern with this is that Olly still doesn't really know how he wants to set up when we're not playing high press counter (like at Reading).

Olly's greatest sucess was 4-3-3, that's very different from you traditional two up top game. It also implies faith in a Smith / CW combo.......

Agree with Ginge re time, he's here so no point in anything other than getting behind him, but I think the 9/20 FFC stat is wrong. I make it 51 in all but let's not quibble.

Comment

• Shall we all try and not judge/wait until he puts on his boots and the blue and white shirt, before calling him sh1t this time?

Could see Smith and CW being a poor mans Vokes and Ings partnership if all goes well.

Comment

• Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                      My concern with this is that Olly still doesn't really know how he wants to set up when we're not playing high press counter (like at Reading).

Olly's greatest sucess was 4-3-3, that's very different from you traditional two up top game. It also implies faith in a Smith / CW combo.......

Agree with Ginge re time, he's here so no point in anything other than getting behind him, but I think the 9/20 FFC stat is wrong. I make it 51 in all but let's not quibble.
                      The 9/20 stat is based on 20 starts (think thats what he said). I see this signing as bringing another option to how the team can play. He can play in a 3, 2 or a 1 up front. I would say he is better than Sylla as a target man which is probably why he is being brought in. We struggle with possession and 1 reason (of many) is that when we play it up top to Sylla it generally seems to come straight back. Smith knows and is used to this league so hopefully he can hold it up and allow the team to move further up the pitch

Comment

• He's agreed terms.

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/s...onal-terms-qpr

And reading what Ollie said Hess clearly intended to play him in a 2 upfront. Big man little man - Smith Washington, it might just work.

Comment

• If we're only bringing in this useless lump of a striker up top then God help us. Fulham should be paying us to take him off their hands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                            The 9/20 stat is based on 20 starts (think thats what he said).
                            20 starts 51 appearances 9 goals, I haven't got a goals / minutes ratio. And in a way it doesn't matter because FFC never set up to service him.

If we have pace, width and delivery then he will score. I think he's better than Poulter. But it is a pointless buy without the boss sorting his tactics to suit.

Comment

• I've seen some footage of some of his goals...fck me this geezer puts himself about a lot....the exact opposite of Sylla.

Comment

• With a good playmaker Goss ? Ravel ? Manning ? And Good wingers Pawel ? Freeman ? LuaLua ? Yeni ? Any striker should be able to.. Strike !

Comment

Working...
                                X