Matt Smith on board - Official

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
    I've seen some footage of some of his goals...fck me this geezer puts himself about a lot....the exact opposite of Sylla.
    Probably what Ollie wants, and also probably what Washington needs next to him to thrive.

I feel like Sylla is being shunted out of the picture though, which is a shame cos he's very talented for a striker plying is trade at this level. I guess Ollie can't see beyond the lack of hustle and bustle. In my mind, a lot of top strikers look lazy for large chunks of the game, as long they know where the net is you make allowances though!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
      I've seen some footage of some of his goals...fck me this geezer puts himself about a lot....the exact opposite of Sylla.
      If he puts himself about could be just what we need we are a championship side not a multi million prem side playing sweet cultured football why give opposing centre backs an easy ride Bully them into making mistakes

Comment

• I'm looking forward to having him on our side. Wish all the spoilt brats on here would get over it and just support him if he signs - we're not in the Premier League anymore folks, get a grip.

Comment

• He might do ok for us, im not his biggest fan as my dad considers him a waste of time at fulham and is amazed that we're paying close to a million for him, heck, he said it should be the other way round with fulham paying us to take him off their hands! But who knows, i like the idea of smith and washington up front and itll be a good chance to see washington shine. Most people on this site can see a prolific goalscorer in washington somewhere despite him having only scored 4 in 40 or whatever it is. Hopefully this could be a dream pairing for us.

I do like where the squad is going now though compared to last seasons squad, it actually feels like we're putting a good team together

Comment

• Considering he is out of contract in the summer it is quite a high fee for him. In saying that if he helps Washington then it will be money well spent

Comment

• Originally posted by kenthoop View Post
              I'm looking forward to having him on our side. Wish all the spoilt brats on here would get over it and just support him if he signs - we're not in the Premier League anymore folks, get a grip.
              Hear hear. Well said that man!

Comment

• Give him a chance see what he can do.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                  Considering he is out of contract in the summer it is quite a high fee for him. In saying that if he helps Washington then it will be money well spent
                  I can see your point, but still think the most he is worth is 400k given his ability and most importantly, how long is left on his contract.

Comment

• Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                    I can see your point, but still think the most he is worth is 400k given his ability and most importantly, how long is left on his contract.
                    It's already been pointed out several times that he is out of contract at the end of the season

Comment

Its 500k apparently

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                        Its 500k apparently
                        No, keep up Kev. Some randomer on Twitter says its 1 million. Fulham want 500k but our joke club wants to pay a million. So farking angry right now :

Comment

Bit weird. We gonna go nuts over spending £100k over your valuation on a Championship forward?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                            Probably what Ollie wants, and also probably what Washington needs next to him to thrive.

I feel like Sylla is being shunted out of the picture though, which is a shame cos he's very talented for a striker plying is trade at this level. I guess Ollie can't see beyond the lack of hustle and bustle. In my mind, a lot of top strikers look lazy for large chunks of the game, as long they know where the net is you make allowances though!
                            Strikers who scored freely like Lineker Rush and Allen, would be considered too lazy thrse days, but givevme one of thosr any day rather than a workhorse or battering ram.

Comment

• £500,000 with add ons if he plays lots and lots of games for us and we get promoted ect,I think we can just take is as being a half million transfer full stop

Comment

• Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                                Bit weird. We gonna go nuts over spending £100k over your valuation on a Championship forward?
                                I thought the fee was £1m.

Comment

Working...
                                X