Park was utter rubbish today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
    As for the comment about "quick" did you not notice how he slowed everything down on the rare occasions he didnt lose it?
    See this is the problem with our fans. We are just so interested in flashy plays and making plays out of nothing like Adel does somehow. Sure maybe counterattack isn't park's forte but he does the dirty work on this team like containing the opponents eliminating their options. Don't quite understand how he was "shocking" today

Comment

• Originally posted by slocke View Post
      Don't quite understand how he was "shocking" today
      he wasn't shocking, he just wasn't great. We were playing a team that have a bench that is better than our stars, so if we had shockers on the pitch I think we would have been carved up much more.
      twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

• I've seen some complaints on message boards about him chasing players without completing a tackle.
        The point of him chasing their men was to shepherd them towards areas of the pitch where they were less dangerous- i.e. from the wings to the middle, or to force them into a quick pass.
        The last thing we wanted was for spurs to camp outside our box and be given free reign to lazily pick out the pass which would have unlocked our defence. It doesn't matter whether park managed to regain possession for us- he was simply supposed to put enough pressure on their men that they were forced to pass it to someone else. Diving in to try and win the ball would have left a hole behind him for them to run into. Standing off a few yards and using body shape to guide where you want your opposition to play the ball is effective.
        He put in a shift after having been out for ages, and i thought he slotted in nicely to our defensive formation.
        Against sides where we're looking to attack more, a creative player might be more useful. But for this game, park did his job, and was decent enough (although looked a little tired at times).

Comment

• Some people are so negative here, it just make me sick hearing sh1t about a player that did at least a decent job today. Park worked hard and did his job. He recovered the ball more than any other player today. He did not lose the ball as some of you claim he did. He was dispossesed once!!

You lot saying he is sh1t know sh1t and I wish, with all my heart, you will realize that sooner rather than later because Park is here to to stay and play. F****** r****************. Makes me so ****ed how stupid some people are. Go read a book or s*** your ****.

The manager rushed park straight back into the team, so guess what he is going to play whether you like or not. Halleulja.

Comment

• Originally posted by madara View Post
            Some people are so negative here, it just make me sick hearing sh1t about a player that did at least a decent job today. Park worked hard and did his job. He recovered the ball more than any other player today. He did not lose the ball as some of you claim he did. He was dispossesed once!!

You lot saying he is sh1t know sh1t and I wish, with all my heart, you will realize that sooner rather than later because Park is here to to stay and play. F****** r****************. Makes me so ****ed how stupid some people are. Go read a book or s*** your ****.

The manager rushed park straight back into the team, so guess what he is going to play whether you like or not. Halleulja.
            Well fu@k me. Reading that tells me I must be wrong that Park was utter sh1te today. And poor all season. In fact that Park was brilliant today. I must have slept through the entire game. And lets hope that as well as being the first name on the team sheet that Park gets the armband back next week. He deserves it more than Clint Hill or anyone else in that team.... Park did a brilliant job shepherding Defoe into space so he could unleash that twenty five yard shot that Cesar tipped on to the upright. Watch that again and see......

Comment

• Park is better than Mbia. Fact
              :drunk:

Comment

• To reiterate, he is not and never has been a flair player. Park did the donkey work, which to the average uneducated eye often goes unnoticed and therefore people often miss how effective their contribution is. Combine that with QPR fans traditionally always needing a scapegoat and presto you'll get silly/ignorant threads like this popping up. Describing him as "utter rubbish" yesterday is way way OTT and just demonstrates footballing ignorance. As said before HR would've replaced him with Faurlin had that been the case. If you still insist in trying to find an "utter rubbish" scapegoat for yesterday then look no further than Mackie's 2nd half 'performance'.

Comment

• Originally posted by Factamondo View Post
                  im sorry but he is soley here to bring asian interest to the club....he is imho no more than a conference level player who looked 'ok' with better players around him at man utd....get rid asap as he s worse than ephraim/fraulin and surplus to to requirements!
                  you are a racist.

Comment

• Park deserves to be at a club where he is appreciated by proper football fans....

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
                      Describing him as "utter rubbish" yesterday is way way OTT and just demonstrates footballing ignorance. [...] If you still insist in trying to find an "utter rubbish" scapegoat for yesterday then look no further than Mackie's 2nd half 'performance'.
                      I'm not saying he played like the contents of a bin, but I wasn't impressed with his performance. I was let down and thought he should have done better. I think it's a bit harsh to claim that anyone who thinks the same - many or few - has an ignrorant view of football. I'm not claiming that to be the case for people who think that park was decent/good.

As for a scapegoat, I'm not blaming him for anything - I'm saying he wasn't any good. I'm not looking to compare him and Mackie either. If I wanted to comment in mackies performance I'd look for that thread

Comment

To reiterate, he is not and never has been a flair player. Park did the donkey work, which to the average uneducated eye often goes unnoticed and therefore people often miss how effective their contribution is. Combine that with QPR fans traditionally always needing a scapegoat and presto you'll get silly/ignorant threads like this popping up. Describing him as "utter rubbish" yesterday is way way OTT and just demonstrates footballing ignorance. As said before HR would've replaced him with Faurlin had that been the case. If you still insist in trying to find an "utter rubbish" scapegoat for yesterday then look no further than Mackie's 2nd half 'performance'.

Spot on post, sometimes wonder what game people watch and whether they actually understand there are to parts to the game

Comment

• Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
                          apparently its racism according to some Koreans.. i quote " hasn't he been one of qpr's best players this season when he's played? or is it racism? ie being the scapegoat cos he's slanty eyed?"

best player this season? are they they that deluded?
                          deluded? the only deluded people are you so-called fans who know nothing about football....the ones who are so stead-fast in their beliefs about a certain topic (in this instance, that park is shyte), and will never change.

One word: RACISM.

Comment

To reiterate, he is not and never has been a flair player. Park did the donkey work, which to the average uneducated eye often goes unnoticed and therefore people often miss how effective their contribution is. Combine that with QPR fans traditionally always needing a scapegoat and presto you'll get silly/ignorant threads like this popping up. Describing him as "utter rubbish" yesterday is way way OTT and just demonstrates footballing ignorance. As said before HR would've replaced him with Faurlin had that been the case. If you still insist in trying to find an "utter rubbish" scapegoat for yesterday then look no further than Mackie's 2nd half 'performance'.
                            Yep. Everyone who disagrees with you doesn't know what they're talking about.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                              Yep. Everyone who disagrees with you doesn't know what they're taking about.
                              That seems to be very much the argument coming from both sides tbf

There are people trying to introduce shades of grey but they tend to be sneered at.

Comment

• Originally posted by goonerdoz View Post
                                Park deserves to be at a club where he is appreciated by proper football fans....
                                I hope he goes to one then. The sooner the better.

Comment

Working...
                                X