Would you welcome a openly gay player to QPR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by essex View Post
    Funny to see it is the same people who endorse football violence are the ones who are clearly homophobic. I would rather have 11 gay players on the pitch than be associated with this type of knuckle-draggers.
    who endorses football violence?

Comment

Funny to see it is the same people who endorse football violence are the ones who are clearly homophobic. I would rather have 11 gay players on the pitch than be associated with this type of knuckle-draggers.
      That obviously was not aimed at me

Comment

I just fell to my knees, and thanked my God that you most certainly will never get your wish.
        11 openly gay footballers? I'd book an appointment to see a shrink, if I were you.

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
          The view on this poll is unrepresentative of the fanbase , to say the majority of the fans of QPR would openly welcome a bender is wide of the mark. I have no openly queer mates or even know anyone like that so why do have to welcome one at the club. I give queers no time of thought ever, homophobic dunno but I rather they kept their business to themselves. There's enough mincing queens in the mainstream media we don't need the club turnt into some sort of circus for gay activists. I can just hear the opposition calling us Queer Poof Rodgerer's or something along those lines. I'd be interested to know how many off our liberal leftie fans would join in homophobic chanting if say suddenly ashley cole come out of the closet.....bunch of ****ing hypocrites more like it the majority of you like most lefties out there.
          Denial is a terrible thing isn't it? Because your immediate circle of friends agree with you, doesn't mean the majority of society or even QPR fans do.

To be fair the poll is limited to those who can read, and operate a computer, so there may be a section of the community excluded.

Comment

The view on this poll is unrepresentative of the fanbase , to say the majority of the fans of QPR would openly welcome a bender is wide of the mark. I have no openly queer mates or even know anyone like that so why do have to welcome one at the club. I give queers no time of thought ever, homophobic dunno but I rather they kept their business to themselves. There's enough mincing queens in the mainstream media we don't need the club turnt into some sort of circus for gay activists. I can just hear the opposition calling us Queer Poof Rodgerer's or something along those lines. I'd be interested to know how many off our liberal leftie fans would join in homophobic chanting if say suddenly ashley cole come out of the closet.....bunch of ****ing hypocrites more like it the majority of you like most lefties out there.
            err... because the manager (hypothetically) signs one based on his footballing ability?

How many Icelandics, Senegalese, Hungarians etc do you know? Do you know any Scousers? We have several of those at the club too. Why should you 'have to welcome' a Scouser?

And the idea that a gay player would necessarily be a 'mincing queen' is laughable. You do realise that not all gay people act like Julian Clary, right? You'd be offended if someone thought all Londoners were like Danny Dyer, or Oliver Twist, or whoever.

Here's a 'mincing queen' for you:

Comment

If you had been going to matches throughout the 70's and 80's. you would have heard those phrases used all the time.

Fortunately, the majority of our society has progressed. Although obviously, not all of it.

Comment

If these forums had existed in the 70s, we would have seen the EXACT same threads about black players.

They didn't work hard, were too thick to play a team game, couldn't handle the cold weather etc etc.

'I don't know any black people and they aren't part of my culture so I don't see why we should have to have them in our football team'

I hope none of you lot had the nerve to slate Terry for his racism when you have this attitude towards gay people.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                  If you had been going to matches throughout the 70's and 80's. you would have heard those phrases used all the time.

Fortunately, the majority of our society has progressed. Although obviously, not all of it.
                  progressed for the better or worse ?
                  Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

Originally posted by Geng View Post
                    err... because the manager (hypothetically) signs one based on his footballing ability?

How many Icelandics, Senegalese, Hungarians etc do you know? Do you know any Scousers? We have several of those at the club too. Why should you 'have to welcome' a Scouser?

And the idea that a gay player would necessarily be a 'mincing queen' is laughable. You do realise that not all gay people act like Julian Clary, right? You'd be offended if someone thought all Londoners were like Danny Dyer, or Oliver Twist, or whoever.

Here's a 'mincing queen' for you:

Which one?

The bloke with the ball or the one trying to pull his shorts down?

Comment

Fortunately, for me at least, you can take the man out of the 70's, but you can't take the 70's out of the man.

Comment

Which one?

Quality.
                        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by DeepcutHoop View Post
                          Denial is a terrible thing isn't it? Because your immediate circle of friends agree with you, doesn't mean the majority of society or even QPR fans do.

To be fair the poll is limited to those who can read, and operate a computer, so there may be a section of the community excluded.
                          So anyone who doesn't agree with the liberal left is either in denial or can't read and write. It's a typical leftie attitude to champion free speech yet refuse to accept any other viewpoint is acceptable other than their own. Biggest hypocrites around are people like yourself, you'll privately laugh at a racist, homophobic or sexist joke whilst telling the rest of us how to behave. I have more respect for people if they were just honest and like the majority of posters who have voted today I don't think they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Geng View Post

I hope none of you lot had the nerve to slate Terry for his racism when you have this attitude towards gay people.
                            I did.

Comment

Which one?

that one made me LOL...quality

Comment

Originally posted by superhoop67 View Post
                                progressed for the better or worse ?
                                for the worse.

Comment

Working...
                                X