Would you welcome a openly gay player to QPR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeepcutHoop View Post
    But you seem very sure that they would be very different. At least I have the evidence of 76 voting QPR fans. A very small sample, and not conclusive, but a damn sight more conclusive than you saying 'it's wrong'
    hmm 76 people out of a population of about 62 million. Yer thats a damn good case study well done

Comment

"Public attitudes to homosexuality are becoming more liberal, according to a government-backed survey.

Some 36% thought homosexual acts were "always" or "mostly" wrong, down from 62% when the British Social Attitudes survey was first carried out, in 1983. "

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8479624.stm

Slightly bigger sample size than 'you mates', or a few people on a QPR forum.

And those 36% are gradually dieing off anyway. Keep fighting history.

Comment

Remember boys, its only gay if you push back ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Geng View Post
          "Public attitudes to homosexuality are becoming more liberal, according to a government-backed survey.

Some 36% thought homosexual acts were "always" or "mostly" wrong, down from 62% when the British Social Attitudes survey was first carried out, in 1983. "

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8479624.stm

Slightly bigger sample size than 'you mates', or a few people on a QPR forum.

And those 36% are gradually dieing off anyway. Keep fighting history.
          dieing off as being brainwashed by the constant media portrayal that "queer is cool". Now they are teacjing it in our schools since the gay lobby got section 28 repealed.

"Section 28 of the Local Government Act prevented schoolteachers from educating children about homosexuality, and “the acceptability of homosexuality as a pretended family relationship”, but it was repealed in Scotland in 2000 and in the rest of the UK in 2003. In geography, for example, [children] will be told to consider why homosexuals move from the *countryside to cities. In maths, they will be taught *statistics through census *findings about the number of *homosexuals in the population."

“In science, they will be directed to *animal species such as emperor *penguins and sea horses, where the male takes a lead role in raising its young.

wont be long before Gay marriage is legalized and then where will we be? Gay adoption widespread. Whats next ? what is at the moment impermissible then will become tolerated then will finally become mandatory when lobbied? paedophilia? incest?
          Society is at breaking point and there are too many blikered liberal lefties and do-gooders speeding it along.
          So yes it will be as you say...but much to the detriment of society in this country.

Comment

Gareth Thomas came out after his playing days were over. There are gay rugby players who won't come out, a Wales players who played with Thomas as well. All the media would do would hound the player about being gay and turn it into nothing about the sport and all about the player being gay which is wrong as peoples private lives should be private and is better kept behind closed doors.
            Estamos QPR

Comment

vblock...what exactly is wrong with it in your eyes?

Paedophilia is wrong because children arent consenting, and incest is illegal because of the risk of deformity of children.

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
                hmm 76 people out of a population of about 62 million. Yer thats a damn good case study well done
                ...and you deliberately miss the point again.

I acknowledged that fact, in fact you quoted me acknowledging it.

Why?

Comment

Can I suggest our next poll :

Would you sign an openly Australian player?

Im not convinced there would be the same high support :(

Comment

Im the only gay in football
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1HCY82-XE8

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanInOz View Post
                      Can I suggest our next poll :

Would you sign an openly Australian player?

Im not convinced there would be the same high support :(
                      Harry Kewell ....say no more

Comment

• Vblock......Im shocked!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
                          dieing off as being brainwashed by the constant media portrayal that "queer is cool". Now they are teacjing it in our schools since the gay lobby got section 28 repealed.

"Section 28 of the Local Government Act prevented schoolteachers from educating children about homosexuality, and “the acceptability of homosexuality as a pretended family relationship”, but it was repealed in Scotland in 2000 and in the rest of the UK in 2003. In geography, for example, [children] will be told to consider why homosexuals move from the *countryside to cities. In maths, they will be taught *statistics through census *findings about the number of *homosexuals in the population."

“In science, they will be directed to *animal species such as emperor *penguins and sea horses, where the male takes a lead role in raising its young.

wont be long before Gay marriage is legalized and then where will we be? Gay adoption widespread. Whats next ? what is at the moment impermissible then will become tolerated then will finally become mandatory when lobbied? paedophilia? incest?
                          Society is at breaking point and there are too many blikered liberal lefties and do-gooders speeding it along.
                          So yes it will be as you say...but much to the detriment of society in this country.
                          Slippery slope fallacy.....again

You really think we'll have enforced homosexuality?

And as for quoting Melanie Phillips? She is one of the most hateful nasty journalists at The Daily Mail.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/ar...arthyites.html

Comment

• Why do those of you who are so pro homosexuality, automatically assume that the rest of us who in all honesty, don't give homosexuality a second thought because it has zero bearing on our lives, must all be latent homosexuals? I neither condone or oppose it. I simply don't care. I also find the term homophobic offensive, as this infers that anyone that does not openly support a lifestyle that i cannot possibly understand, not being homosexual, suffers from a phobia. A phobia is an "irrational fear" and i would suggest that most people your label as homophobes are neither irrational or afraid, just don't care.

Comment

• Originally posted by OldSchool View Post
                              Why do those of you who are so pro homosexuality, automatically assume that the rest of us who in all honesty, don't give homosexuality a second thought because it has zero bearing on our lives, must all be latent homosexuals? I neither condone or oppose it. I simply don't care. I also find the term homophobic offensive, as this infers that anyone that does not openly support a lifestyle that i cannot possibly understand, not being homosexual, suffers from a phobia. A phobia is an "irrational fear" and i would suggest that most people your label as homophobes are neither irrational or afraid, just don't care.
                              it backs up there arguement and bullies people into agreeing with them
                              Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

• Originally posted by OldSchool View Post
                                Why do those of you who are so pro homosexuality, automatically assume that the rest of us who in all honesty, don't give homosexuality a second thought because it has zero bearing on our lives, must all be latent homosexuals? I neither condone or oppose it. I simply don't care. I also find the term homophobic offensive, as this infers that anyone that does not openly support a lifestyle that i cannot possibly understand, not being homosexual, suffers from a phobia. A phobia is an "irrational fear" and i would suggest that most people your label as homophobes are neither irrational or afraid, just don't care.
                                I don't.

Comment

Working...
                                X