Jan 23 Incomings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post

Rotherham United signed Jordan Hugill on a free apparantly (although some reports say undisclosed). He was good for us not that long ago.
    I think we were in for him apparently, but my guess is that he probably wanted more regular football, which he would get at Rotherham.

Like I said, getting a decent centre forward in, especially during January is never easy, perhaps its worth giving a young CF a go from the academy, just like Sinclair Armstrong has done.

Comment

• Porteous, only 450k to Watford , Geldhardt on loan to Sunderland, Sorba Thomas on loan to Blackburn. Loads of other really good deals.

We are so slow, it’s unreal. What do our recruitment team do, other than miss out on all decent targets and end up with rubbish at the end of the window

A bit of communication from our CEO, DOF or manager re what we are doing would be helpful too

I get that we have to keep our cards close to our chest but the overall atmosphere and feel around the club is low

Cheesing me off

Comment

• Originally posted by Mem View Post
        Porteous, only 450k to Watford , Geldhardt on loan to Sunderland, Sorba Thomas on loan to Blackburn. Loads of other really good deals.

We are so slow, it’s unreal. What do our recruitment team do, other than miss out on all decent targets and end up with rubbish at the end of the window

A bit of communication from our CEO, DOF or manager re what we are doing would be helpful too

I get that we have to keep our cards close to our chest but the overall atmosphere and feel around the club is low

Cheesing me off
        CEO and DoF are not bothered about improving us or listening to what the fans want! As long as they get their £500k each per year, they will continue to fook us all off! Critchley is just their yes man puppet in charge or surely he would have demanded squad additions by now? Bring back the days of Chairman and Manager only running the club!

Comment

• Totally agree with you Lincoln Ranger, there seems to be a real lack of passion or care for our wonderful football club.

Amit dips in and out, only tweeting when things are going well.
          Hoos just waffles and constantly talks about what we can’t do and how difficult it is
          Ferdinand - what does he actually do for his alleged 500k p/a?
          Critchley unfortunately looks like a rabbit in headlights and a yes man as you say. Whilst he might not like it, he needs to lead off the pitch as well as on it! Pains me to say that Beale was bloody good at communication with us mere mortals

I hate to say this but why should we bother if they can’t be bothered. A day out to QPR (I live in the new forest) for 2 people factoring in trains, tickets, beers and food etc is comfortably north of £250. I’d rather spend my money on other stuff

Others may say ‘you need to support the club through thick and thin’, ‘the players need your support more than ever’, ‘don’t be so fickle’ etc etc which I respect but at the moment I feel taken for granted and the lack of direction, leadership, ambition and communication is in my view unacceptable

Rant over

Comment

Porteous, only 450k to Watford , Geldhardt on loan to Sunderland, Sorba Thomas on loan to Blackburn. Loads of other really good deals.

Cheesing me off
            I get it and everyone is frustrated - but should the club really be putting out there every unsuccessful attempt to sign a player - if we went for the players you mentioned and they turned us down for instance - what message would that send out to other players we are trying to sign.

the days of QBlock pete and Jamesnutt and leaks from the club seem to be in the past.

there is a Q&A with Lee Hoos coming up and Fans forums are fairly regular so its not too bad on the comms front.

We suffered at the hands of FFP where other clubs have clearly got away with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3London View Post

I get it and everyone is frustrated - but should the club really be putting out there every unsuccessful attempt to sign a player - if we went for the players you mentioned and they turned us down for instance - what message would that send out to other players we are trying to sign.

the days of QBlock pete and Jamesnutt and leaks from the club seem to be in the past.

there is a Q&A with Lee Hoos coming up and Fans forums are fairly regular so its not too bad on the comms front.

We suffered at the hands of FFP where other clubs have clearly got away with it.
              Yep fair play to Lee Hoos, I've always thought his communications were insightful, if somewhat downbeat at times.

I don't know how so many clubs seem to flout the ffp rules and yet get away with it without penalty. The mere fact that so many clubs are trying must surely imply that the whole thing is flawed.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3London View Post

Jamesnutt either made stuff up or circulated internet rumours as fact. A complete wind up merchant im my opinion. But if you believed he was ITK then fair play.

Comment

• No he was definitely not ITK - what I meant was there is little or no news from the club - either leaked , made up or recycled. The news like with Lowe comes once they are confident a deal has been done

Comment

Totally agree with you Lincoln Ranger, there seems to be a real lack of passion or care for our wonderful football club.

Amit dips in and out, only tweeting when things are going well.
                    Hoos just waffles and constantly talks about what we can’t do and how difficult it is
                    Ferdinand - what does he actually do for his alleged 500k p/a?
                    Critchley unfortunately looks like a rabbit in headlights and a yes man as you say. Whilst he might not like it, he needs to lead off the pitch as well as on it! Pains me to say that Beale was bloody good at communication with us mere mortals

I hate to say this but why should we bother if they can’t be bothered. A day out to QPR (I live in the new forest) for 2 people factoring in trains, tickets, beers and food etc is comfortably north of £250. I’d rather spend my money on other stuff

Others may say ‘you need to support the club through thick and thin’, ‘the players need your support more than ever’, ‘don’t be so fickle’ etc etc which I respect but at the moment I feel taken for granted and the lack of direction, leadership, ambition and communication is in my view unacceptable

Rant over
                    Similar feelings here pboro for two best part of £200 for a day out play golf Saturdays and Sundays now watch games but as a club we've be one stagnant club and in reality are just treading water in this league

Imo it'S a matter of time before we drop to L1 the club lack a clear plan and foresight structure of how to move forwards and under TF guide it's been a cocktail of errors on recruitment

Comment

• Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post

Similar feelings here pboro for two best part of £200 for a day out play golf Saturdays and Sundays now watch games but as a club we've be one stagnant club and in reality are just treading water in this league

Imo it'S a matter of time before we drop to L1 the club lack a clear plan and foresight structure of how to move forwards and under TF guide it's been a cocktail of errors on recruitment
                      The trouble is that our model is based on selling players for big money. In West London Sport NC confirmed that no bids hsve been received for any player other then the Dykes £3m. There's a few days left in the window, but it would appear that Dieng, Willock and Chair are not deemed to be premiership standard.

Where is our next Eze type transfer coming from? Without one, yes, we will eventually end up in L1.

Comment

• Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Jamesnutt either made stuff up or circulated internet rumours as fact. A complete wind up merchant im my opinion. But if you believed he was ITK then fair play.
                        I miss the …
                        JN at the end

Comment

• We are and will always probably be a mid to lower championship team , we will occasionally compete for promotion and occasionally fight relegation.
                          We may go down but not this season.
                          I don't get why fans think we should be in the PL or in the top 6 trying to get there.
                          We have no money , out of date uncomfortable stadium and it looks like we are stuck there.
                          Any player looking to further his career is not going to be looking to join us anytime soon

We've been crying out for a decent striker for the last few seasons all we get is excuses or silence from Ferdinand and Hoo's .... Think we need rid of the pair of them .

Comment

• Originally posted by 72bus View Post

We've been crying out for a decent striker for the last few seasons all we get is excuses or silence from Ferdinand and Hoo's .... Think we need rid of the pair of them .
                            Scouting network needs a massive overhaul

The training facility needs to come online, that's where we start to become something again

Owners, I would like an honest answer to the question; Are you motivated to take this club foward, and would you be doing so if not for FFP. Our 2 local rivals have pushed on with great success. I see no reason we cannot do the same, given the proper motivation.

I do fear the club will be forever repaying both finacnically and mentally the debts of the Hughes/Redknapp era.

Comment

• Originally posted by topperharley View Post

Scouting network needs a massive overhaul

The training facility needs to come online, that's where we start to become something again

Owners, I would like an honest answer to the question; Are you motivated to take this club foward, and would you be doing so if not for FFP. Our 2 local rivals have pushed on with great success. I see no reason we cannot do the same, given the proper motivation.

I do fear the club will be forever repaying both finacnically and mentally the debts of the Hughes/Redknapp era.
                              It's not the Hughes/ Redknapp era .
                              It's the Tony Fernandes and friends era that has ####ed this club and will continue to do so , until someone else buys us but that is very unlikely as we are not a very attractive aquisition.

Comment

• Originally posted by Harrow QPR View Post

It's not the Hughes/ Redknapp era .
                                It's the Tony Fernandes and friends era that has ####ed this club and will continue to do so , until someone else buys us but that is very unlikely as we are not a very attractive aquisition.
                                It is that era, place the blame where you like but those were the 2 managers that, in my opinion anywauy, duped the board into spending.

Comment

Working...
                                X