Jan 23 Incomings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by QPROslo View Post

Please have a look at the financial statements of QPR to get a better understanding. The last published one is for the 2020/2021 season (I expect the 21/22 season to be published soon). You can find it here:

application-pdf

We are allowed a loss over a 3 year rolling period of maximum £39m.

The operating loss + finance costs before player trading was £18m in 2019/2020 and £22m in the corona year of 2020/2021. If we assume £18m is a representative annual figure, three years loss before player trading adds up to £54m. Some costs are exempt from the FFP calculation (academy, women team, depreciation of stadium investments). Lets assume our relevant loss of three years for FFP purposes is around £50m. This means that in any given three years period we need to net a profit on players sales that exceed costs of player acquisition of at least £11m to avoid a huge point deduction.

The sale of Eze gave us a lot of head room for a couple of years, but lack on any sale of note since 2020 has put us in a desperate situation. If we do not sell for a substantial amount during the next transfer window we can look forward to a massive punishment, given our previous history of ignoring FFP rules. I suppose it can be a 10+ points deduction, which will probably send us down to League 1.

The player budget - both salaries and cost of acquisitions - is modest compared to many other clubs in the Championships. If you were chairman of QPR, KingAustin, you would probably not plan with dramatic cost cutting in salaries, would you? One main problem is a stadium that offers minimum revenue other than at match days. I think it is disappointing that we have not been able to address this, but I acknowledge that it is hard to find an appropriate location in West London. Sponsor revenues are modest - even a 100% increase would mean very little. Better attendance can play a role, but even a full stadium all year round would not solve the problem. There is always opportunities for lower costs and higher revenue, but whatever way you look upon it, a club like QPR will depend heavily on successful player sales.

We have not had any player sales of any note for a long time and that is the main reason for our present desperate situation, where we cannot even replace the one single striker we have when he might be out for the rest of the season.
    If teams like Luton , Millwall , Preston , Blackbun etc can all manage why can't we ???
    I'll tell you why because we sign crap players that are always injured , our scouting network is non existant , that is why we have no players to sell on.
    To sell players on , you have to be able to play well as a team consistently , so that the players can shine and then be sold on , our squad depth is so weak , as soon as we get a couple of injuries we go on massive losing runs then our saleable assets look crap.
    If we are'nt buying any players over one million , where is all our money going , to lose as much as you are saying , it must be on wages so once again like in the Premier league we are paying crap players inflated wages .
    Why have we signed Lowe if we did'nt have money this transfer window , we are crying out for a centre forward , we have players similar to Lowe , like Willock , Chair , Roberts etc , more bad decisions from the hierachy .
    I for one do not believe the club are losing all the money they say they are . The owners are trying to scrimp and save to recoup some of their losses from the Prem days .
    This club is rotten to the core and the owners and board and director of football need to all #### off .

Comment

• Originally posted by Isleworth116 View Post
      Start of year we had plenty of players not up to standard.

Thomas, Niko, Bonne, Shodipo, Bettache

Looks like this window clears decks for Summer recruitment. Neither going up or going down. Mid table.
      I love your optimism, but the likes of Lowe, Chair and Willock need to find their scoring boots and we need to hope our two CBs can sort themselves out.

Not bringing in another striker send "sinking ship" messages to the squad.

The players that thought they were close to premiership moves have really got to lift their game to get moves in the summer. Thats our only hope.

Have they got it on them?

Comment

• Originally posted by Isleworth116 View Post
        Start of year we had plenty of players not up to standard.

Thomas, Niko, Bonne, Shodipo, Bettache

Looks like this window clears decks for Summer recruitment. Neither going up or going down. Mid table.
        According to some on here we have'nt got any money for players and once all the loans go back , can't see us being in a very good place , we'll still be left with Dickie , Clarke Salter , Kakay , Dozzel and Dykes , none of them are any good for a first eleven at championship level.

Comment

• Originally posted by Harrow QPR View Post

If teams like Luton , Millwall , Preston , Blackbun etc can all manage why can't we ???
          I'll tell you why because we sign crap players that are always injured , our scouting network is non existant , that is why we have no players to sell on.
          To sell players on , you have to be able to play well as a team consistently , so that the players can shine and then be sold on , our squad depth is so weak , as soon as we get a couple of injuries we go on massive losing runs then our saleable assets look crap.
          If we are'nt buying any players over one million , where is all our money going , to lose as much as you are saying , it must be on wages so once again like in the Premier league we are paying crap players inflated wages .
          Why have we signed Lowe if we did'nt have money this transfer window , we are crying out for a centre forward , we have players similar to Lowe , like Willock , Chair , Roberts etc , more bad decisions from the hierachy .
          I for one do not believe the club are losing all the money they say they are . The owners are trying to scrimp and save to recoup some of their losses from the Prem days .
          This club is rotten to the core and the owners and board and director of football need to all #### off .
          Yes. It is only successful player scouting and development that can save us. We haven't been good at it last couple of seasons. I thought be had a decent stock of sellable assets a year ago, but things have gone downhill big time. I was hoping for a sale of either Willock, Dykes and Dieng last summer, to take some pressure of us and free up some funds. Nothing materialised. I do not think any of the mentioned three players will sign new contracts, so we are depending on selling all three in the next window, almost at any price we achieve. If we don't, their contracts will run down the same was as BOS and Manning. It is pretty frustrating.

Comment

• Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post

Is that the same useless bloke that scored two against us at Reading!
            Yes but he did f uck all when he played for us, that's a fact mate

Comment

• Originally posted by KevC59 View Post

Yes but he did f uck all when he played for us, that's a fact mate
              Im Not disputing that for one moment it shows how dire we are.

It's time for changes at boardroom level its all well and good saying cant do this because of ffp it's the same for smler clubs with smaller stadiums or fanbase of which ours is declining they got there houses in order. Remove les and Hoos for for good of the fan base.

The atmosphere at the next game at home v Millwall will be interesting as can see Huddersfield turning us over. NC slated players after Hull game I thought here we go some fresh blood coming in now he's gotta get a tune from them after slagging them off don't look good for him and he's just got 3yr deal

Given this months effort by the boardroom staying up this year will be tough next year for me were in for a slog to finish 4th from bottom we have no right like any side to stop up but commited to buying a bloke from brighton and hes played sod all for us this season sums it up to the clowns in suits

Comment

• Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post

Im Not disputing that for one moment it shows how dire we are.

It's time for changes at boardroom level its all well and good saying cant do this because of ffp it's the same for smler clubs with smaller stadiums or fanbase of which ours is declining they got there houses in order. Remove les and Hoos for for good of the fan base.

The atmosphere at the next game at home v Millwall will be interesting as can see Huddersfield turning us over. NC slated players after Hull game I thought here we go some fresh blood coming in now he's gotta get a tune from them after slagging them off don't look good for him and he's just got 3yr deal

Given this months effort by the boardroom staying up this year will be tough next year for me were in for a slog to finish 4th from bottom we have no right like any side to stop up but commited to buying a bloke from brighton and hes played sod all for us this season sums it up to the clowns in suits
                Couldnt agree more, it seems everyone likes to point the finger at FFP however smaller teams have done better than us with smaller budgets. Time for people to realise how absolutely abysmal our recruitment team is and change it up.

Comment

• What is annoying the club doesn't explain what's happening at the club and what their ambitions are, that would probably help for putting fans fears at rest if they knew where the club is going.
                  At the moment fans fear the worst with these owners are that they don't know if they are fully behind the club or selling up, you only hear from them if we are doing well not the bad times.

Comment

• With all this financial fair play crap, luton went out the league basically because of it, they were in the conference 2014, 9 year's later they are 4th in the championship they must be doing something right,we just seem to be a rudderless ship bobbing along and hoping for the best with the same people at the top making bad decisions with no consequences. I for one am sick and tired of the same crap every year mediocrity and drab football that we're serving up to us the fan's. Time for change at the top. UR'S

Comment

• Originally posted by Macca View Post
                      What is annoying the club doesn't explain what's happening at the club and what their ambitions are, that would probably help for putting fans fears at rest if they knew where the club is going.
                      At the moment fans fear the worst with these owners are that they don't know if they are fully behind the club or selling up, you only hear from them if we are doing well not the bad times.
                      Spot on Macca, Its all well posting accounts etc on fans forums about what we've done wrong and how we are struggling but the owners are the guys that make the decisions and if im honest i don't give a toss i want 11 players on the pitch committed to the shirt regardless of ability and were not even getting that at present which says its not good at HQ.

1, Recruit well
                      2, sell well
                      3, develop youth well
                      4, sell youth well
                      5, rinse and repeat

the guys that have recruited are still at the club, The stadiums in dire regardless of atmosphere and teven that's fu cked off lately. people can defend Les and Hoos as much as they like Amit well he's great when the goings good well Amit the ponys hit the fan pal. we spunked decent money on players below par

Peterborough picked up another lower league CF yesterday for £250k roughly 31 goals in 44 games ok its non league he's powerful played up the road at Borehamwood as well for £250k potential at fraction of Bonne washington etc they have a style and a way and buy to suit a system we've 3 frigging number 10s in Willock,Chair and Roberts they sustain with 7k fans average. ok they are 1 league down but stuffed us 3 poxy times last season and chances are we could possibly play them in either league next season.

Many fans on this site and other sites would have put cash coins or notes into buckets to sustain this club in the past myself included, would i do it again with the current owners given the current financial crisis probably not.

Comment

• Originally posted by QPROslo View Post

Please have a look at the financial statements of QPR to get a better understanding. The last published one is for the 2020/2021 season (I expect the 21/22 season to be published soon). You can find it here:

application-pdf

We are allowed a loss over a 3 year rolling period of maximum £39m.

The operating loss + finance costs before player trading was £18m in 2019/2020 and £22m in the corona year of 2020/2021. If we assume £18m is a representative annual figure, three years loss before player trading adds up to £54m. Some costs are exempt from the FFP calculation (academy, women team, depreciation of stadium investments). Lets assume our relevant loss of three years for FFP purposes is around £50m. This means that in any given three years period we need to net a profit on players sales that exceed costs of player acquisition of at least £11m to avoid a huge point deduction.

The sale of Eze gave us a lot of head room for a couple of years, but lack on any sale of note since 2020 has put us in a desperate situation. If we do not sell for a substantial amount during the next transfer window we can look forward to a massive punishment, given our previous history of ignoring FFP rules. I suppose it can be a 10+ points deduction, which will probably send us down to League 1.

The player budget - both salaries and cost of acquisitions - is modest compared to many other clubs in the Championships. If you were chairman of QPR, KingAustin, you would probably not plan with dramatic cost cutting in salaries, would you? One main problem is a stadium that offers minimum revenue other than at match days. I think it is disappointing that we have not been able to address this, but I acknowledge that it is hard to find an appropriate location in West London. Sponsor revenues are modest - even a 100% increase would mean very little. Better attendance can play a role, but even a full stadium all year round would not solve the problem. There is always opportunities for lower costs and higher revenue, but whatever way you look upon it, a club like QPR will depend heavily on successful player sales.

We have not had any player sales of any note for a long time and that is the main reason for our present desperate situation, where we cannot even replace the one single striker we have when he might be out for the rest of the season.
                        As I said I would stand to be corrected as I didn’t and don’t know the ins and out about ffp . So I do stand corrected and Thank you for the clarification.
                        We surely need to start looking at what we are spending in house .. wages for people like Les Ferdinand (reportedly on 500k a year)
                        and other staff we don’t need at the club . We need to start selling the stadium out why not do deals or cheap tickets for kids etc . Get bums on seats etc .
                        Our assets like Willock ect will let their contract run out . I don’t know where a player will be sold in our squad for decent money . So if your figures are correct then we are in deep financial trouble next year

Comment

• The Deafening silence is worrying...The Q&A with Lee Hoo's will be interesting.

there should only be one Question.

What is going on?

Comment

• Why do we only have one recognised striker at the club? Which brainless moron decided the keep Roberts here til the end of the season and allowed such a stupid clause to be put in to his contract. Also what's going on with Richards? Paying a lad who is on loan to be sat in the stands!!

Comment

• Originally posted by 3London View Post
                              The Deafening silence is worrying...The Q&A with Lee Hoo's will be interesting.

there should only be one Question.

What is going on?
                              When is this? This week?

Comment

• I have to say I am pretty shocked at how January has panned out and I am one of the more patient ones in looking at the bigger picture. Lowe could be a useful addition but this squad lacks any leadership or steel and the striker situation speaks for itself. I am hoping we can scrape enough points together to avoid getting into trouble thanks to our good start but that is not a given and we could end up getting dragged down and I'm not sure this team has the spirit for a fight.

Not too bothered about the ones let go as with the best will in the world none of them looked Championship standard and just filled up squad places but we needed at least another couple of incomings to bolster things.

I feel quite sorry for NC. What a complete and utter mess to come into. Best he can hope is when Steph and Balogun are back they can use their experience and get the team playing better. I bet if anything he would have been keener than us to get some bodies in last month.

Comment

Working...
                                X