No announcement yet.

Jan 23 Incomings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have to say, I am very very disappointed. I understand these things are more complicated than what people are aware of, but surely there would have been a CF in the works. We are now down to one senior CF at the club, who is currently in hospital.

Perhaps a silver lining is that we get to see Sinclair Armstrong sink or swim in the Championship. Hopefully now he will see some extended game time which will be more beneficial than a loan to L1 or L2. But even then I still think that its unlikely, if early signs from NC are correct.

Just home Peter Odemwingie is parked outside the training ground right about now...

Comment

• We've had a clear out with Thomas and Nico going and signed 1 player with just over an hour to go

If the owners think we've got enough for the rest of the season with Dykes if hes got pneumonia then there deluded and can't be watching games

Comment

• Thomas signs for Cambridge Utd

Comment

• Roberts to Cardiff is a rumour, but not a CF to us? Very strange and highly unlikely...Or ....a fact.
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

• Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post
            We've had a clear out with Thomas and Nico going and signed 1 player with just over an hour to go

If the owners think we've got enough for the rest of the season with Dykes if hes got pneumonia then there deluded and can't be watching games
            It might not be owners that are deluded, but the fans. If we are hitting the FFP ceiling for how much we can lose, we have nothing to spend. I think the club was expecting to sell some players in this window, releasing funds for new acquisitions. That did not materialise, meaning we cannot sign a new striker, even though everyone, and not at least the QPR hierarchy, knows we are desperate for reinforcements.

Comment

• Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
              Thomas signs for Cambridge Utd
              Shows the level of players we had around our team and paying wages too .. no offence to Cambridge

Comment

• Originally posted by QPROslo View Post

It might not be owners that are deluded, but the fans. If we are hitting the FFP ceiling for how much we can lose, we have nothing to spend. I think the club was expecting to sell some players in this window, releasing funds for new acquisitions. That did not materialise, meaning we cannot sign a new striker, even though everyone, and not at least the QPR hierarchy, knows we are desperate for reinforcements.
                We have got rid of 5/6 players .. (wages have been freed up ) was given 1.5 million for Beale . We haven’t spend no transfer fee in 3 seasons . How can we be at ceiling height of FFP .. I would stand to be corrected but my understanding is we can’t loose 30 million rolling over a 3 year period.. if we are loosing 30 million each rolling period for the last 3 years then the owners don’t know how to run a bath let alone a football club . There is no way that is happening or they would have sold off and gone ages ago . No one in their right mind would loose that sort of money .

Comment

• I have a little hope.

It looks like we are getting rid of all dead weight and taking as much pressure off the wage bill as possible.

There are two reasons to do that. One is because we are going broke, but that doesn’t seem to be the case.

The other is because we want to bring in one or two higher earning players who we know can deliver.

So I’m going to believe we have two great signings we are working furiously, behind the scenes, to bring in before midnight.

If not, attendances will slump and the manager will end up losing his job. It’s hard to believe that is what they really want to bring about …

Comment

• Originally posted by Shania View Post
                    Roberts to Cardiff is a rumour, but not a CF to us? Very strange and highly unlikely...Or ....a fact.
                    Lol you bored ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kingaustin View Post

Lol you bored ?
                      Not particularly amused more like..
                      QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

• Originally posted by Kingaustin View Post

We have got rid of 5/6 players .. (wages have been freed up ) was given 1.5 million for Beale . We haven’t spend no transfer fee in 3 seasons . How can we be at ceiling height of FFP .. I would stand to be corrected but my understanding is we can’t loose 30 million rolling over a 3 year period.. if we are loosing 30 million each rolling period for the last 3 years then the owners don’t know how to run a bath let alone a football club . There is no way that is happening or they would have sold off and gone ages ago . No one in their right mind would loose that sort of money .
                        Please have a look at the financial statements of QPR to get a better understanding. The last published one is for the 2020/2021 season (I expect the 21/22 season to be published soon). You can find it here:

application-pdf

We are allowed a loss over a 3 year rolling period of maximum £39m.

The operating loss + finance costs before player trading was £18m in 2019/2020 and £22m in the corona year of 2020/2021. If we assume £18m is a representative annual figure, three years loss before player trading adds up to £54m. Some costs are exempt from the FFP calculation (academy, women team, depreciation of stadium investments). Lets assume our relevant loss of three years for FFP purposes is around £50m. This means that in any given three years period we need to net a profit on players sales that exceed costs of player acquisition of at least £11m to avoid a huge point deduction.

The sale of Eze gave us a lot of head room for a couple of years, but lack on any sale of note since 2020 has put us in a desperate situation. If we do not sell for a substantial amount during the next transfer window we can look forward to a massive punishment, given our previous history of ignoring FFP rules. I suppose it can be a 10+ points deduction, which will probably send us down to League 1.

The player budget - both salaries and cost of acquisitions - is modest compared to many other clubs in the Championships. If you were chairman of QPR, KingAustin, you would probably not plan with dramatic cost cutting in salaries, would you? One main problem is a stadium that offers minimum revenue other than at match days. I think it is disappointing that we have not been able to address this, but I acknowledge that it is hard to find an appropriate location in West London. Sponsor revenues are modest - even a 100% increase would mean very little. Better attendance can play a role, but even a full stadium all year round would not solve the problem. There is always opportunities for lower costs and higher revenue, but whatever way you look upon it, a club like QPR will depend heavily on successful player sales.

We have not had any player sales of any note for a long time and that is the main reason for our present desperate situation, where we cannot even replace the one single striker we have when he might be out for the rest of the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by QPROslo View Post

The scouting department is deluded.
                          QPR
                          Best team in the world
                          Sort of

Comment

• This all feels very Gallen and Dichio.

Comment

• It’s too easy to quote to fans that FFP is holding the club back especially when tiny clubs like Wycombe in league 1 managed to sell a striker to Middlesbrough last season and Memethi to Bristol City today.
                              Theres absolutely no excuse for the dross that our recruitment and DOF have brought to this club.

Comment

• Start of year we had plenty of players not up to standard.

Thomas, Niko, Bonne, Shodipo, Bettache

Looks like this window clears decks for Summer recruitment. Neither going up or going down. Mid table.

Comment

Working...
                                X