Jan 23 Incomings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shania View Post
    If you look at how Blackpool used to play under NC , Bettace and Duke-McKenna should fit well in theoretically. Just a thought.
    Neither have proved themselves at non league level so there is no way they are the answer.

Those who ‘appear’ to have the potential or capability who in my opinion are currently underperforming are;

Roberts
    Richards
    Amos
    Dozzell
    Bonne

Critchley will need to get a tune out of those 5 and hope that Willock and Chair get back to their best

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post
      Sheep you seem to have better idea where we are financially then if we’re that skint and need to offload chair,willock and Dieng to keep us going sadly out of those three only 1 could play bottom half prem imo

chair with his experience don’t know when to release the ball, Dieng for me let’s far too many goals in from outside the box to be top quality and willock is at best bottom 8 prem

Eze we got decent money for because he was good enough for the next level and his moneys well gone

weve wasted wages on players like nico, Thomas Owen Battache even 12.5k a week for uncle that needs someone’s #### kicking imo even if nico on £500 a week it’s still 26k a year doing fk all over 4year deal he got seriously he’s a decent Sunday morning player at best

we know the ground holds us back and that has to be resolved regardless of staying in the borough or we move out we need no bigger than 25k stadia with option for another tier if we’re prem level

But flog the above mentioned and replace on budget I’m pretty sure we’re in for a tough ride
      Nico on over 8k a week

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post

Nico on over 8k a week
        I hope that’s hula hoops if it’s GBP then whoever drew that contract up wants to be sent to a remote island that tom hanks has left

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

All i know is from open open information on companies house. This shows the following operating losses:

- May 21 - £3.5m (Eze money)
          - May 20 - £15.5m
          - May 19 - £9.4m

So, even with £16m from selling Eze we've still made a loss of £28.4m over three aeasons. That's an average loss of £9.5m per season, or £182k a week.

Another £16m player sale doesnt look too likely right now and we may have to sell two players to get that money, if we're lucky. So, even with a big injection of cash from selling players we'll still be rummaging around for cheap players who will either raw, injury prone, old or loans.

I look forward to having 16 core players of the same standard but can't see that happening any time soon.

The next set of accounts will be out Feb23 for business to 31 May 22. I dont think they'll make particularly good reading.
          Interesting. I thought the FFP limit was £39m over three seasons. We are at £28.4m, but the £9.4m will drop out and be replaced by the May 22 result. Taking out the £9.4m leaves us, £20m headroom before the £39m is breached.

Just how much did the speculative push/punt last year cost?

How much more funding are the owners prepared to stand?

How close to the £39m limit are we?

Guess we must wait and see in February.

Comment

On those loses we really have to sell at least two to bring in 10-15m

problem is once we sell two to replace them we gotta go free or loan with parent club paying most salary

long term and this squad don’t look too rosy

Comment

Originally posted by Undecided View Post

Interesting. I thought the FFP limit was £39m over three seasons. We are at £28.4m, but the £9.4m will drop out and be replaced by the May 22 result. Taking out the £9.4m leaves us, £20m headroom before the £39m is breached.

Just how much did the speculative push/punt last year cost?

How much more funding are the owners prepared to stand?

How close to the £39m limit are we?

Guess we must wait and see in February.
              Yes, although there may be a £20m headroom for FFP im sure we'll get close to that limit with the next accounts to May 22 and the losses to May 23 (this season) may take us over unless we sell players this coming window. The summer would be too late as it goes over the accounting period.

There must be more to this calculation than the above and they'll be all over it. It has been mentioned that TV revenue recently went up and ticket sales impacted by COVID wont be in the next results.

But i think we can all agree that the only way we can have 15-20 players of quality will cost us more on transfer fees or higher wages. We havent had any big transfer money in to allow us to ubsidise this and we're losing shed loads of money with what we've got. Getting rid of some £8k players will help - but will the £8k players who replace them be significantly better?

We've been clearing the deadwood for years and never seems to end. A £10k a week player clearly doesnt get you a lot of ability or fitness!!

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Yes, although there may be a £20m headroom for FFP im sure we'll get close to that limit with the next accounts to May 22 and the losses to May 23 (this season) may take us over unless we sell players this coming window. The summer would be too late as it goes over the accounting period.

There must be more to this calculation than the above and they'll be all over it. It has been mentioned that TV revenue recently went up and ticket sales impacted by COVID wont be in the next results.

But i think we can all agree that the only way we can have 15-20 players of quality will cost us more on transfer fees or higher wages. We havent had any big transfer money in to allow us to ubsidise this and we're losing shed loads of money with what we've got. Getting rid of some £8k players will help - but will the £8k players who replace them be significantly better?

We've been clearing the deadwood for years and never seems to end. A £10k a week player clearly doesnt get you a lot of ability or fitness!!
                Spot on sheep we always seen to need to clear deadwood out, if nico gets 8k we may as well go over hackney marshes and find a replacement

Comment

I'm sure the owners are more than mindful of the calculations and all the permutations. They have been successful in business, and will have learned plenty from the last brush with FFP, a lesson they must be remined of each time an instalment of the fine becomes payable. All credit to them to have borne the burden.

Another factor in the equation is the raising of interest rates. I believe there are still bank loans outstanding. The debt for equity programme they are following will ease the burden to some extent, not on them, but in relation to bank lending.

All boils down to the simple equation:

Income less costs equals profit or loss.

Increase income or reduce costs brightens the picture.

But we have limited options for increasing income, and reducing costs is, at best, tricky

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post

Nico on over 8k a week
                    That sends shiver down your spine, are our club washing money through hes contract?

Comment

Originally posted by 222lepo View Post

That sends shiver down your spine, are our club washing money through hes contract?
                      I know 4yrs 1.6m he’s blagged out of us not hard to work out how we lose money

Comment

Aaaah. Don't be so hard on them, poor little lambs. They only have a short career, then its out into a cruel harsh cold lonely world with little preparation and no experience in their early mid-life. And no money due to the obligatory spend on flash cars, unnecessarily large TV's, bling, tattoos, summer bronzing in insufferably exotic locations, and all the other trappings demanded by the environment they innocently find themselves in through no fault of their own.

Have a heart !

Comment

Originally posted by Undecided View Post
                          Aaaah. Don't be so hard on them, poor little lambs. They only have a short career, then its out into a cruel harsh cold lonely world with little preparation and no experience in their early mid-life. And no money due to the obligatory spend on flash cars, unnecessarily large TV's, bling, tattoos, summer bronzing in insufferably exotic locations, and all the other trappings demanded by the environment they innocently find themselves in through no fault of their own.

Have a heart !
                          40% of all footballers go bankrupt within 5yrs of retirement. I have recently looked at a mortgage application for a former international. Bad investments, divorce, living the highife, living of savings after finishing and its all gone.

https://www.cazenovecapital.com/uk/w...aying%20career.

Comment

Exactly

Comment

Think we'll need several outgoings either permanent or loans before we'll see any players arrive.

Comment

We are in the same position as a lot of other teams so hardly on our own. I suspect will be a little wheeling and dealing and up to 3 players coming in over January. Depressingly only likely major outgoings will be if Beale comes shopping.

Comment

Working...
                                X