No announcement yet.

Jan 23 Incomings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have called out the lack of steal in our midfield so i woukd say a young defensive midfielder is just what we need. He's got league games under his belt, unlike some premiership U23 players we've signed over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
      We have called out the lack of steal in our midfield so i woukd say a young defensive midfielder is just what we need. He's got league games under his belt, unlike some premiership U23 players we've signed over the years.
      And the right mentality so I hope he chooses QPR and London.
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

Dont understand Shodipo going out on load ? Thought we need cover on the wings.

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
          Hopefully thing are afoot.
          I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Well we got Lowe on loan so presumably that means little chance of Shopido playing now.

My reading of it is Bonne wasn't playing anyway so whilst signing a striker (two would be nice!) is something we are looking to do a direct replacement is not needed. If all they need is someone to not play and pick up a wage I would be happy to do that.

Best of luck to Shopido. Didn't quite look Championship quality but put a shift in and spent a lot of time here so one of the good guys.

Comment

Arsenal ready to accept Matt Smith offer as Stoke City, QPR and Swansea City lead chase

Anyone know what he is like ?

https://www.footballinsider247.com/s...ty-lead-chase/
              Cant see it , was on the bench yesterday for North London Derby

Comment

We should have released Shodipo last Summer. Club option exercised. Crazy decision to keep him. He's made 38 appearances for five different QPR Managers. Three QPR Managers have sent him out on loan. I reckon Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink gave him most starting appearances.

Shodipo competing with Roberts, Lowe, Chair, Willock and Adamoh for two places in team

To be fair to him, he needs to go out on loan to secure contract next summer. I'd put George Thomas in same category.

Comment

Originally posted by Isleworth116 View Post

We should have released Shodipo last Summer. Club option exercised. Crazy decision to keep him. He's made 38 appearances for five different QPR Managers. Three QPR Managers have sent him out on loan. I reckon Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink gave him most starting appearances.

Shodipo competing with Roberts, Lowe, Chair, Willock and Adamoh for two places in team

To be fair to him, he needs to go out on loan to secure contract next summer. I'd put George Thomas in same category.
                  I think there is a fair few we need to ship out as the squad is very inflated, I think we have a 30 man squad, so we could easily cut it down to 23 or 25 if needs be.

I think we do need to ship some out permanently, I think Thomas and Willock are notable ones, I say Willock cause it might be the last chance we get of getting a fee for him, most we will get is £5m now for him I feel.

Armstrong I think needs a loan move to ether a L1/L2 team, still young in his development and needs minutes.

Shodipo is one that I do agree needs a loan/permanent move.

There are certainly a few we do need to move on.

Comment

Originally posted by ConorQPR2000 View Post

I think there is a fair few we need to ship out as the squad is very inflated, I think we have a 30 man squad, so we could easily cut it down to 23 or 25 if needs be.

I think we do need to ship some out permanently, I think Thomas and Willock are notable ones, I say Willock cause it might be the last chance we get of getting a fee for him, most we will get is £5m now for him I feel.

Armstrong I think needs a loan move to ether a L1/L2 team, still young in his development and needs minutes.

Shodipo had already left on losn to Lincoln. With his contract up in the summer he's effectively left the club. Unless we give him a four year contract hoping he'll develop into a chsmpionship player between 25-29 yrs.

Comment

• Originally posted by ConorQPR2000 View Post

Fair point about Armstrong getting out on loan, good he's training with 1st Team, he needs to play 1st Team football. Big lad, powerful and strong, has to play against men to be tested. Playing U23 football will be too easy physically.

I reckon if we circulated his name as available on loan, we'd get decent L1 Club

Comment

• A bit saddened that Armstrong is now being touted as a loan move. Had such high hopes at the start of the season. Did well in flashes when coming on, but NC doesn't seem to rate him as MB did.

What has been everyone's feelings on Armstrong been this year? I still think he could do a job for us off the bench.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheKiwiR View Post
                          A bit saddened that Armstrong is now being touted as a loan move. Had such high hopes at the start of the season. Did well in flashes when coming on, but NC doesn't seem to rate him as MB did.

What has been everyone's feelings on Armstrong been this year? I still think he could do a job for us off the bench.
                          I think it maybe the correct decision, he's got the makings of a good player but he won't get much better with bit part appearances for us, he's not good enough yet to be a starter, a season in League 1 might be the making of him but, having said that, did he do all that well at Torquay?....I know they rated him but it was non league, I wonder whether staying in our fringes with Championship players around him might be better so all that said, I don't know is my answer. I do hope he comes good for us though.

Comment

• He is not fit enough to play many minutes pr. match in the championship, so what is wrong with loaning him out? I chose to trust NC on this one.
                            QPR
                            Best team in the world
                            Sort of

Comment

• I think it’s odd - we seem to have this obsession that players need to be loaned out first. Give him game time here. We have scored 5 goals in 11 games - how much worse can it be?

other clubs don’t seem to have an issue playing players younger than him with some successes. But not us we seem fixated on the path to the first team.

This includes new signings- had Lowe started against the fakes we would have won that game.

but maybe Armstrong isn’t the player we think he is or has been hyped up to be.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3London View Post
                                I think it’s odd - we seem to have this obsession that players need to be loaned out first. Give him game time here. We have scored 5 goals in 11 games - how much worse can it be?

other clubs don’t seem to have an issue playing players younger than him with some successes. But not us we seem fixated on the path to the first team.

This includes new signings- had Lowe started against the fakes we would have won that game.

but maybe Armstrong isn’t the player we think he is or has been hyped up to be.
                                He needs minutes, I think a loan move to a L1/L2 team would not do him any harm at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X