Jan 23 Incomings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We cannot terminate Roberts stay.

I do not think it is a problem to have six loans. We cannot have more than five in the matchday squad, but with our luck with injuries at least one will be unavailable at any point in time so six is fine.

Comment

Originally posted by TheKiwiR View Post
      Good signing, exciting player. Although I do think he's more of a Willock type player who will supply the goals rather than someone who will play through the middle and score them.

Anyone else see his quote about being at QPR when he was 14 but had to compete with Raheem Sterling who was 2 years younger than him? They are the same age...1994 born.

Also another interesting fact that has surfaced was that he was a PE teacher playing part time football at the age of 22
      I liked the "I'm fit and available to play", which is more than can be said for most of our current squad.

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post
        We cannot terminate Roberts stay.

I do not think it is a problem to have six loans. We cannot have more than five in the matchday squad, but with our luck with injuries at least one will be unavailable at any point in time so six is fine.
        That would mean one loanee sitting out each game, that simply cannot happen.

You could alternatively make Taylor Richards's loan permanent and that would free up a loan spot, and there was talk of that happening.

Comment

but I thought the proposed fee was something like £2.5m and he has barely kicked a ball yet.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
            but I thought the proposed fee was something like £2.5m and he has barely kicked a ball yet.
            It certainly wont be that much.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/tayl...spieler/484551

Comment

Originally posted by ConorQPR2000 View Post

That would mean one loanee sitting out each game, that simply cannot happen.

Why can't that happen? Richards has sat out the majority of this season albeit mostly due to injury apparantly.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post

Why can't that happen? Richards has sat out the majority of this season albeit mostly due to injury apparantly.
                Your wasting money by having a player sit out of the matchday 18 man squad, surely we could spend our budget better than that.

Comment

Statistically, one out of six is injured at any point in time so I doubt it is a serious concern.

Comment

Originally posted by ConorQPR2000 View Post

Your wasting money by having a player sit out of the matchday 18 man squad, surely we could spend our budget better than that.
                    But we've always got players who don't make the matchday squad, whether loaned or not, we have to pay them all so I don't see the problem with a loanee sitting it out rather than a contracted player doing so, the club needs more players than a matchday squad to allow for injuries, illness and poor form, unfortunately we can't work without players who have to sit it out occasionally.

Comment

If we need 6 loanees of 18 players to put a squad together we have bigger problems. Different if they are option to buy of course.

Comment

There's always the debate whether loan players try as hard as signed players.

At least Lowe's contract is up this summer and if Bournemouth stay up they might not exercise their one year option. If they go down I suspect Lowe will be part of their 23/24 championship squad.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                          There's always the debate whether loan players try as hard as signed players.

At least Lowe's contract is up this summer and if Bournemouth stay up they might not exercise their one year option. If they go down I suspect Lowe will be part of their 23/24 championship squad.
                          They are under new ownership now, so they might want to bring their own players in.

Comment

Arsenal ready to accept Matt Smith offer as Stoke City, QPR and Swansea City lead chase

Anyone know what he is like ?

https://www.footballinsider247.com/s...ty-lead-chase/

Comment

Bring Matt Smith in because , sadly enough, another midfielder is what we need. A Stefan Johansen type of player. None of the other midfielders can do that job.
                              QPR
                              Best team in the world
                              Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                                Arsenal ready to accept Matt Smith offer as Stoke City, QPR and Swansea City lead chase

Anyone know what he is like ?

https://www.footballinsider247.com/s...ty-lead-chase/
                                75 appearances in league 1 over two seasons. Could be good signing, worth chance.

Honestly, whenever we're linked with player. I check 1st team appearances, L2, L1 or Championship, doesn't matter. Simple question, does manager put you in 1st Team. Eze and Chair both had loans at lower level, both got in 1st team, both did well on loan. Came back better players.

Comment

Working...
                                X