No announcement yet.

Jan 23 Incomings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remember seeing Luke young when he was with us , he was shopping in Wimbledon village him and the Mrs had 4 bags in each hand , they could hardly walk . he hadn't played for us for so long I'd forgotten he was at the club. This is today's professional footballer . A lot of them spend today and don't think about tomorrow, so can see why 40% go bankrupt

Comment

Of course there is one cast iron solution to all this money stuff , premier league football and that big pot of money that comes with it!!

Comment

Two seasons in there, and parachute payments after that, if it goes wrong, but I know it's fantasy land

Comment

I'll be the first to admit a lot of the mechanics of the money side of running a football club, wash over me, hence the reason my Mrs has run the household accounts for years, and I'll tell you what, get her onboard and she would sort it out, she has worked miracles at times with not a lot to play with, I was self employed for years and there were some lean times in there, but somehow she found a way

Comment

Just cos we're allowed to lose £30 million or whatever it is over three years doesn't mean we should go down that route. My feeling is the owners have made strides towards making us sustainable and I'd rather continue to pursue a financially prudent approach than spew money away in a futile attempt to keep up with the 5 or so clubs that are benefitting from parachute money. All I'd ask is the club be open and honest about today's finances..... if they came out and said we are haemoragghing money and therefore can't do much in the transfer window I'd say fair do's.

Comment

Originally posted by KevC59 View Post
              Two seasons in there, and parachute payments after that, if it goes wrong, but I know it's fantasy land
              I think a Championship club should test FFP in court. How can it be fair to gift recently relegated sides shed loads of money whilst at the same time telling the others they can't spend to compete with them?...although did we do that exact thing and fail?..I can't remember if we were ruled against or settled.

Comment

If we were top 3 or so under MB, board would be tempted into the odd signing, but had that been the case there would be an argulent for why, as we'd have been top 3 or so.

We are on a terrible run, with a new manager, I can't see the board getting excited about new players coming in and reigniting that gable/push to the prem now. Neil is here to once again steady the ship and see where that takes us. I would absolutely see us selling Dykes and maybe losing Tim on loan to Rangers. We'll replace them with more loans.

What we need to do is prove in a very short space of time we are a club worthy of sending promising young loan talent to this Jan, incase we need to replace a Lyndon, for example. The we have to look to the summer for permanent signings.

My opinion is sign no one now, unless we sell someone. This squad is very good on paper, though propped up by loans it has the potential to win gales, as proven. Under a new boss players like Amos have the chance to become new signings, just look at the Stef turnaround.

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post
                  We are on a terrible run, with a new manager, I can't see the board getting excited about new players coming in and reigniting that gable/push to the prem now. Neil is here to once again steady the ship and see where that takes us. I would absolutely see us selling Dykes and maybe losing Tim on loan to Rangers. We'll replace them with more loans.
                  i just cant see why Villa would want to send Tim to Rangers to continue his development. What would he learn playing against any teams apart from Celtic, Aberdeen and Hearts? He's is better off with us and playing agsinst very good teams in the Championship.

I could see Dykes there but its going to be difficult to find one CF in Jan let alone two. I think Dykes will be off in the summer, but many Rangers fans dont like the fact he turned them down when he signed for us.

Unless injured, Balogun's absence might suggest he will go back to Rangers especially if he still has a house/family up there. Even though he's 34yrs and has six months left on his contract I would still expect us to get £100k for him to cover loan fees for his replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

i just cant see why Villa would want to send Tim to Rangers to continue his development. What would he learn playing against any teams apart from Celtic, Aberdeen and Hearts? He's is better off with us and playing agsinst very good teams in the Championship.

I could see Dykes there but its going to be difficult to find one CF in Jan let alone two. I think Dykes will be off in the summer, but many Rangers fans dont like the fact he turned them down when he signed for us.

Unless injured, Balogun's absence might suggest he will go back to Rangers especially if he still has a house/family up there. Even though he's 34yrs and has six months left on his contract I would still expect us to get £100k for him to cover loan fees for his replacement.
                    I see MB as the reason any of this would happen rather than parent club decisions but i see your point.

The players will probably want to see what life under NC will be like.

I hope for exactly what it xas under MB before it went to pot. That's the best we've looked in a decade during that short spell at the top. So much potential.

Comment

JAMAL LOWE FROM BOURNEMOUTH TO QPR: IS IT A GOOD POTENTIAL MOVE? WOULD HE START? WHAT DOES HE OFFER?

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/ja...does-he-offer/

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                        JAMAL LOWE FROM BOURNEMOUTH TO QPR: IS IT A GOOD POTENTIAL MOVE? WOULD HE START? WHAT DOES HE OFFER?

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/ja...does-he-offer/

I'd be amazed if we get Lowe ahead of bigger teams in the Championship. He's a proper player.......

Comment

He's not what we need though. Another forward who can play wide or through the middle. He's not a striker. He doesn't score goals. Waste of a loan spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Dono77 View Post
                            He's not what we need though. Another forward who can play wide or through the middle. He's not a striker. He doesn't score goals. Waste of a loan spot.
                            Perhaps part of a deal for Chair or Willock

We'll get a CF too.

Comment

Originally posted by Dono77 View Post
                              Lowe can play ether as a striker or a winger on both sides, and he is from Harrow which is only up the road from Shepherds Bush, I think he could definitely be a great signing.

Given our limited budget, it would make sense.

Comment

Also seen we have been linked with Leighton Clarkson, a 21 year old midfielder on loan from Liverpool.

Hes currently on loan at Aberdeen, where he has scored 3 goals in 12 appearances, he can play ether as Centre Mid or as a defensive mid.

Comment

Working...
                                X