No announcement yet.

Player Incomings 22/23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dujon Sterling linked. 22yo Fulback on loan from Chelsea.

Comment

• Originally posted by deadendjob View Post

He's gone to Preston so that's that one.
      Ian McCullough

@IanMac08
      ·
      Follow

Keep reading on all these pretend 'news' sites that QPR have missed out on Troy Parrott. They didn't. He never was a player they were interested in

Comment

• Originally posted by deadendjob View Post
        Dujon Sterling linked. 22yo Fulback on loan from Chelsea.
        With our other loans, Roberts and Richards, we've agreed purchase options. Would Chelsea allow that option. I don't think it'll happen.

Looks like we'll be starting season with Kakay at right back. Maybe Kakay plays better conventional full back opposed to wing back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Isleworth116 View Post

With our other loans, Roberts and Richards, we've agreed purchase options. Would Chelsea allow that option. I don't think it'll happen.

Looks like we'll be starting season with Kakay at right back. Maybe Kakay plays better conventional full back opposed to wing back.
          Kakay played decent v Palace on Saturday. Was one of our better players which admittedly wasn't saying much but he did ok.

Am certain a right back incoming and am sure in theory will be an upgrade on Kakay. But there still a month to get an appropriate player but they can't be too concerned ie putting in Kakay otherwise I would have assumed someone would be in by now.

And it's a great opportunity for Kakay to fill his boots likewise I would say from pre season form also Armstrong and Shodipo off the bench..

Let's see !!!

Comment

• Boro are after Fulham's Rodrigo Muniz on loan, he'd be the striker we need I reckon.

Comment

• McNamara dropped to the bench for Millwall today after being Nos 1 RB last season.

Comment

• Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                McNamara dropped to the bench for Millwall today after being Nos 1 RB last season.
                Think this means he is on his way.

Not seen anyone else linked to him so guessing he will be a Ranger by the end of the week ahead.

But it's strange since apparently our derisory bids he has turned himself into Roberto Carlos himself. Cat and mouse bidding game being played by all.

We could possibly get another versatile full back as I feel we need better cover on both sides if we are honest.

Comment

• I reckon this week we will get more indications of who exactly we have feelers out for in striking positions. Feel there will be one incoming. Not sure its wise to have both Dykes and Bonne here this season but potentially that may be the scenario.

Comment

• Originally posted by longtime_ranger View Post

Think this means he is on his way.

Not seen anyone else linked to him so guessing he will be a Ranger by the end of the week ahead.

But it's strange since apparently our derisory bids he has turned himself into Roberto Carlos himself. Cat and mouse bidding game being played by all.

We could possibly get another versatile full back as I feel we need better cover on both sides if we are honest.

Rumour have Richie Laryea from Forest going to Millwall which may mean McNamara is in fact on his way, I opined last season we should be looking at Canadian international Laryea, he is a player I know very well and can play either side in a back 4 or 5!
                    @gatorTFC

Comment

• Bad news… Archer staying at Villa…

Comment

• Originally posted by Hope & Faith View Post
                        Bad news… Archer staying at Villa…
                        No problem. I'm sure Les can find another Dykes or Washington.

Comment

• Surprised we haven't had one or two more in by now. When we were in Germany the boss said we were really close to 2 more yet nothing has changed. So players have either changed their mind about coming to us or their agent has found them another club who prob pay better wages and/or are promotion candidates. I think it's going to be a long season at hq. Rumours are Roberts injury is more serious than the club are letting on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dono77 View Post
                            Surprised we haven't had one or two more in by now. When we were in Germany the boss said we were really close to 2 more yet nothing has changed. So players have either changed their mind about coming to us or their agent has found them another club who prob pay better wages and/or are promotion candidates. I think it's going to be a long season at hq. Rumours are Roberts injury is more serious than the club are letting on.
                            Richards has come in. Maybe he thought McNamara or another right back was further down the line?

It's difficult at the moment. We're all aware we need a few more, as many as 5 in my mind, but the window has another month to run yet, so if we're targeting PL clubs for players, things won't start moving for another week or two when they've decided what's what. They will want to keep players they're unsure about until late in the window due to possible injuries in the early weeks.

I can imagine a lot of players have a long list of clubs interested in them, so naturally the parent club will be looking for good terms and obviously a good club for the players progression. Unfortunately I think we're going to be waiting until the end of the window for a striker.

Comment

• Just my take but I am assuming very little transfer funds will be available unless we sell someone. An exception could be say a modestly priced youngster with potential to increase in value. The problem we have is most of who we would have viewed as our appreciating assets this time last year either stagnated last season or went backwards. The main exception is Willock and he has been injured for some months now.

Unless something changes all I am really expecting is more loan or free signings. That in itself is not a disaster as we have kept the core of our team. Couple of useful additions and others coming back from injury and we should be fine.

Comment

• Yes. It strikes me that many of our assets are not the high-value prospects we hoped they might be. Doesn't mean they can't still improve or develop into sought after players but right now I'm not seeing Chair, Dickie or Dieng et al as being of any interest to a rich prem club - if they can't be a consistent dominant driving force in a Championship club I can't see how they can look viable propositions for the next tier up?

I'd say Beale's massive priority this season is to develop some players to the next level in order to hopefully make some of them worth £10mil+ so the DOF can do some wheeling and dealing with a warchest of money. Maybe that should be 'wheeling and bealing'?????

Not much use to us today and it's difficult to see how the club could finance any exciting incomings in the remainder of this window. We could just be looking at another Jeff Hendrick level acquisition at best.

Comment

Working...
                                X