Player Incomings 22/23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ronnie Rangers View Post

Pooor Gary he could here the Racial abuse from Three Miles Away.
    every whisper!

Comment

• Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
      I wouldnt be too disappointed to see Dykes getting a transfer back to Scotland. He just cant seem to get a decent run of games or goals. If a team came up with £5m + add ons I'd be very tempted to sell.
      Hold the phone there pal! As bad and injury prone Dykes is, at least he is a Striker we own and probably the best, 1st choice Striker at the club! If he were to be let go, we’d be down to Bonne, Kelman and Armstrong as our only front line, out and out strikers! Mate, if anything, we need another 2 better strikers besides the dross we have to pick from at the moment!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dono77 View Post
        Can't see armstrong getting mucb gametime next year if hes behind Roberts, chair and willock as that forward who plays off the number 9. Unless the club are bracing themselves for an offer for willock before the season starts????
        But chair and Willock arent strikers ,Armstrong will hopefully get his chance

Comment

• Originally posted by lincoln ranger View Post

Hold the phone there pal! As bad and injury prone Dykes is, at least he is a Striker we own and probably the best, 1st choice Striker at the club! If he were to be let go, we’d be down to Bonne, Kelman and Armstrong as our only front line, out and out strikers! Mate, if anything, we need another 2 better strikers besides the dross we have to pick from at the moment!
          As the squad stands right now you're right. But who knows what players they're looking at right now. I wouldnt sell to the point of leaving us short, but it must be considered if better alternatives are out there and we get a fee for Dykes.

As you say, it might be the right thing to keep him - well reassess in the Jan transfer window.

I'm just very frustrated with the lack of returns from him.

Comment

I wouldnt be too disappointed to see Dykes getting a transfer back to Scotland. He just cant seem to get a decent run of games or goals. If a team came up with £5m + add ons I'd be very tempted to sell.
            while most of our fan base are thinking 20% of that, tops. He has done nothing to make him worth more than that, and without being a spurious international, you would be getting half that. Not that I dislike him, or want him out - but he ain’t our answer, let alone somebody who has £5m to spend. Enjoy the beers

Comment

• Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post

But chair and Willock arent strikers ,Armstrong will hopefully get his chance
              Armstrong is a forward but not a target man. If dykes starts then sinclair wont be getting a game ahead of chair, willock and Roberts. Throw in Thomas and even the match day squad looks a long shot for Armstrong.

Comment

• According to Chris Gallagher we have had a second bid for McNamara (Millwall) rejected, this time a bid of £300k.

McNamara is now in the final year of his contract. If he refuses to sign a contract extension, I am afraid Millwall cannot command much more. We received similar amount from Swansea for Manning in just the same situation, admittedly just before the end of the transfer window when all other options were explored.

Comment

• Originally posted by QPROslo View Post
                  According to Chris Gallagher we have had a second bid for McNamara (Millwall) rejected, this time a bid of £300k.

McNamara is now in the final year of his contract. If he refuses to sign a contract extension, I am afraid Millwall cannot command much more. We received similar amount from Swansea for Manning in just the same situation, admittedly just before the end of the transfer window when all other options were explored.
                  £300K seems a bit insulting for a second offer but if that's what Manning went for then maybe not, other teams will be circling though, do we want him or not?

Comment

• Hope we have a back up option if this lad is just playing us off to get an improved contract from Millwall. Never heard of him. I'd rather get someone who is a proven with more experience like Byrne from Derby for example. We are going to start the season with a few lads who barely know each other and don't have a lot of experience at this level.

Comment

£5m for Dykes and you'd only be tempted? Be lucky to get what we paid for him.

There is a player in him as he's shown on a couple of occasions (Reading at home being one), but it's like he cba half the time. I must be watching different games when people say he's hardworking, 90% of the time he jogs around and half heartedly jumps for the ball. No consistency in his game.

Comment

• This right back at Millwall aint gonna happen, he's just playing hard ball with Wall for a better contract I hope we have other irons in the fire.

Comment

• Another Tyler linked,Tyler Richards from Brighton on a season loan

Comment

• Well, we've missed out on Hendrick for next season as hes just signed for Reading.

Comment

• Imho,

i.) Dykes will be sold before the window closes.

ii.) McNamara will sign for us.

Comment

• Don't think Dykes is going, think the gaffer has plans to use him as his Fox ( Bully) in the Box, with the talent in behind, give Defenders a real Headache.

Comment

Working...
                                X