Player Incomings 22/23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dono77 View Post
    Rowett giving his thoughts on our pursuit of Danny mc. Says he would never offer such a low amount for any of our young lads and they not accepting anything we are proposing. Sounds like a repeat of the paterson debacle with Swansea last season.

Why do embarass ourselves like this??? Trying to get deals on the cheap. We have given some players away in the last few years and that's cos we have been badly run. Other clubs aren't as gullible as ours it seems.

Either offer them decent money or move on. Seems ridiculous we are spending so much time on a lad who at 23 has only played one full season at this level.

Surely we are looking at other players and not pinning our hopes on a Millwall right back?!!!
    So we've been badly run thats why we lost players on the cheap.
    But Millwall have allowed a player to enter the final year of contract, what is that then?
    I have never heard of this player but Millwall fans are going on as if he's Roberto Carlos.
    I couldn't care less if we get him in or not.
    But I do say well done to the club for prudent bids, that must be being encouraged by the player otherwise we would be told to get lost.
    Not embarrassed either

Comment

• Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

So we've been badly run thats why we lost players on the cheap.
      But Millwall have allowed a player to enter the final year of contract, what is that then?
      I have never heard of this player but Millwall fans are going on as if he's Roberto Carlos.
      I couldn't care less if we get him in or not.
      But I do say well done to the club for prudent bids, that must be being encouraged by the player otherwise we would be told to get lost.
      Not embarrassed either
      We have allowed established proven players to be sold for pittance. Smithies, freeman, furlong etc. I'm merely stating that if we are serious about signing players then we need to get a decent offer in and get the deal done. At this rate we will be starting kakay or uncle at right back against Blackburn. Uncle was torn a new one there last year so we all know how that went. If this lad is good enough which I'm sure he is then great. If not then let's go elsewhere. Hope his agent isnt playing games with us.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post

What do you want him to say? He's hardly going to say they're close to matching our valuation. They want as much as they can from the deal. Millwall have just signed Shackleton from Leeds, a right back. They'll cash in on McNamara if he refuses to sign a new deal, simple as that. There's obviously a willingness in McNamara to join us as well otherwise we wouldn't be persistent.

As for other options, of course but it seems McNamara is number one choice but there will come a time where we either agree the deal or move on. It's a game of cat and mouse and Millwall are in the position of getting next to nothing in 12 months with his contract running down, so they'll have a big decision to make.
        He's clearly saying if you want him, offer us a decent amount. If not then look elsewhere. Hopefully we get him but its not a great look if we going in so low that we are taking this pee and Millwall take the stance that they would rather he move to anywhere but us.

Comment

• If we've gone in st £250k then its embarrassing for a young player we rate. We've spent £2m on Dykes and others. Surely you have to be hitting the £1m mark for a promising RB. Make your best offer and stop d1ck1ng about.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo
            Jeez. Something is only as valuable as what someone is prepared to pay for it. If we put in a cheeky bid, so what? Millwall can accept it or not.

If we think it's worth it (and can afford it), we can go back with an improved offer. I don't see anyone else beating down the door to sign him and I don't see anything wrong with trying to get him as cheaply as possible.
            Yes, but from rumours I think we've had two bids rejected now. It's time to put our top bid in and if not a accepted walk away. Coming in so low looks disrespectful. We should know the market rate. As Don says, close a deal or walk away.

Comment

• Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Yes, but from rumours I think we've had two bids rejected now. It's time to put our top bid in and if not a accepted walk away. Coming in so low looks disrespectful. We should know the market rate. As Don says, close a deal or walk away.
              As I said above it's a game of cat and mouse. How do you know our latest bid wasn't close to what Millwall would accept?

It would be beyond stupid to just go in with our maximum bid. The lad is going for peanuts in a year and Millwall won't want the same situation as what happened with Jed Wallace.

McNamara has obviously expressed his desire to join us, otherwise we wouldn't be wasting our time, therefore he will be refusing to sign a new deal which is a positive for us. On the flip side, him and his agent could be using our interest to get an increased contract offer from Millwall. Who knows?

We're not stupid though, in the past we have been and I'm pretty sure there is a plan behind the scenes in terms of the bids and timescale as well as alternative players.

No need to worry.

Comment

Jeez. Something is only as valuable as what someone is prepared to pay for it. If we put in a cheeky bid, so what? Millwall can accept it or not.

If we think it's worth it (and can afford it), we can go back with an improved offer. I don't see anyone else beating down the door to sign him and I don't see anything wrong with trying to get him as cheaply as possible.
                Spot on, would anyone put in their best offer in straight away when buying a motor?
                Nope, its all about the haggling ,with a bit of too and fro , if our "cheeky" first bid had been accepted everyone would have been over the moon at snapping up a possible bargain.
                Much rather we have this approach and lose the odd player because of it ,than get sucked into paying over the odds.

Comment

As I said above it's a game of cat and mouse. How do you know our latest bid wasn't close to what Millwall would accept?

It would be beyond stupid to just go in with our maximum bid. The lad is going for peanuts in a year and Millwall won't want the same situation as what happened with Jed Wallace.

McNamara has obviously expressed his desire to join us, otherwise we wouldn't be wasting our time, therefore he will be refusing to sign a new deal which is a positive for us. On the flip side, him and his agent could be using our interest to get an increased contract offer from Millwall. Who knows?

We're not stupid though, in the past we have been and I'm pretty sure there is a plan behind the scenes in terms of the bids and timescale as well as alternative players.

No need to worry.
                  My best offer submission was based on the fact that it seems we've been pushed back twice already. I never suggested to should blow them out of the water in the first approach However, going in ridiculously low is stupid in itself as we should know the market.

We dont know what offers have been made or what Millwall want. At the third attempt just get it done or walk away.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dono77 View Post

We have allowed established proven players to be sold for pittance. Smithies, freeman, furlong etc. I'm merely stating that if we are serious about signing players then we need to get a decent offer in and get the deal done. At this rate we will be starting kakay or uncle at right back against Blackburn. Uncle was torn a new one there last year so we all know how that went. If this lad is good enough which I'm sure he is then great. If not then let's go elsewhere. Hope his agent isnt playing games with us.
                    Agree with all that dono.
                    Whatever Rowett expects for this lad, who is as has been pointed out 23 and only had one full season, he won't get anywhere near that with 12 mths left.
                    I don't remember seeing this lad catch my eye so I'm sure he really isn't a world beater.
                    So the only reason we must be persisting is the player has said he wants to come here.
                    But again I'm sure we could get someone else as good if not better, so agree would be good to send him and wall the message, we will go elsewhere if things don't start moving

Comment

Bang on, we're the only interested party, it's up to them.
                      If the player isn't happy there, put in a transfer request

Comment

• Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

My best offer submission was based on the fact that it seems we've been pushed back twice already. I never suggested to should blow them out of the water in the first approach However, going in ridiculously low is stupid in itself as we should know the market.

We dont know what offers have been made or what Millwall want. At the third attempt just get it done or walk away.
                        Who said we've gone in ridiculously low? Rowett haha!

Who would you rather trust? A club looking to buy the lad or a manager who's got a player with 12 months left on his contract and is refusing to sign a new deal? Rowett and Millwall's job is to get as much money as possible out of us, it's a simple as that. All the spin is from their end. The fact they've even gone public says a lot.

Comment

Who said we've gone in ridiculously low? Rowett haha!

Who would you rather trust? A club looking to buy the lad or a manager who's got a player with 12 months left on his contract and is refusing to sign a new deal? Rowett and Millwall's job is to get as much money as possible out of us, it's a simple as that. All the spin is from their end. The fact they've even gone public says a lot.
                          This exactly, we are going about our Business with our Eyes wide open, trust your Club not the Hype from third parties and do you honestly think we don't have other Irons in the Fire.

Comment

• Looking like Richards is Coming in, another option up front can only help, think it will push Chair on no end.

Comment

• A lot more press coming about Taylor Richards. WLS suggesting we're about to sign him.
                              There was an article I read yesterday that said the lad got injured during a medical - so I really hope we've err'd on the side of caution.

McNamara I feel will get away from us. Apparently our first offer was insultingly low. Rowett is keen to keep him, so an improved offer and he'll probably stay.

I imagine we'll also look to bring in a Striker on loan and that'll be us.

Comment

• I have read the discussion about the offers for McNamara with interest. I think it mirrors the situation with Ryan Manning two years ago. He was widely known to be one of the best left backs in the Championship and was watched by West Ham and other Premier League clubs. Some fans thought he was worth at least £3m, if not £5m. I think all the media talk affected Manning and he refused to sign a contract extension. When the end of the transfer window came closer and there were no Premier League bids, nor any sign of Manning accepting a new deal, QPR simply gave in an sold to the highest bidder. This was £250k from Swansea. The fee reflected the fact he had only ten months left of his contract. The deal caused an outrage among some fans, but it is hard to see what else QPR could have done at the time. In hindsight QPR should have pushed hard for a contract extension the previous year, but once there was just a year left and he refused to prolong there was only one option, and that was to sell to the highest bidder. Few clubs want to have a player around that does not want to commit his future to the club.

I think the situation with McNamara might be similar. McNamara isn't keen to extend with Millwall, and Rowett has realised it. It is still more than a month left of the transfer window and Rowett wants to get the best possible deal. This is the reason he has gone public with the bid from QPR, criticising it for being too low. The aim is to get competing bids to get the best possible deal. If there were other bids, he would mention them, indicating that right now there is only one bidder and that is us. If Rowett desperately wanted to keep McNamara and had good hopes he would accept a new deal he would keep a low profile and certainly not leak our bids to the press.

The fact we have the highest bid now indicates that we haven't done anything wrong and the price we have offered isn't insulting. We might still improve our bid to come to a quick conclusion rather than to drag it on until transfer deadline day, which is many weeks into the season. But to criticise the club when our bid is higher than any other bids Millwall have received for a player that is likely not extending his contract is unfair.

My take is that we are going about our business in a smart way. I think we are a well run club and I trust the guys at the helm.

Comment

Working...
                                X