Player Incomings 22/23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Buffalo
    Seen on tw@tter that we are now linked with Adam Armstrong on loan from Southampton.

Can't see it myself...
    Agree, probably too expensive for us.

However, good in championship for Blackburn, just under goal every two games.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo
      Seen on tw@tter that we are now linked with Adam Armstrong on loan from Southampton.

Can't see it myself...
      More bull buff

Comment

• 2 weeks until our opening game in the championship and we're still yet to sign a striker. Surprised how relaxed our fan base is.
        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
          2 weeks until our opening game in the championship and we're still yet to sign a striker. Surprised how relaxed our fan base is.
          Couldn’t agree more. We don’t have anyone who regularly pokes the ball in the net. If our new signing is there to be flexible and interplay with Chair etc, we need a finisher in the young Austin mould. We still seem incredibly light to me in key positions. We have no squad.

Comment

2 weeks until our opening game in the championship and we're still yet to sign a striker. Surprised how relaxed our fan base is.
            Tyler Roberts is a striker.

The transfer window is open for a month after the season starts, plenty of time yet. Unfortunately we're not in the position of going out and getting what we want, so we have to bide our time as Premier League clubs decide who they want to loan out and where is best for their development. The positive is that we're now viewed as club who plays an attractive style and improves players which obviously helps in getting good players into the club.

Come Blackburn away we'll have Roberts, Dykes, Bonne, Kelman and Armstrong who can all play as the 9. Do we need to add quality to the above? Absolutely, but it's not as if we have no options for the first few games.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post

Tyler Roberts is a striker.

The transfer window is open for a month after the season starts, plenty of time yet. Unfortunately we're not in the position of going out and getting what we want, so we have to bide our time as Premier League clubs decide who they want to loan out and where is best for their development. The positive is that we're now viewed as club who plays an attractive style and improves players which obviously helps in getting good players into the club.

Come Blackburn away we'll have Roberts, Dykes, Bonne, Kelman and Armstrong who can all play as the 9. Do we need to add quality to the above? Absolutely, but it's not as if we have no options for the first few games.
              Exactly Matt

Comment

Or maybe they are realistic. How do you think we can pay for said striker? Sign, sign, sign, get your cheque book out, we're doomed without new blood... Has anyone checked the accounts? Has anyone seen that, despite the Eze money, we are close to the S&P Limits? No, didn't think so...

Comment

• Beale said during interview today that he is expecting 1 or 2 more signings to be completed next week that will please the fans

Comment

• Originally posted by davman View Post

Or maybe they are realistic. How do you think we can pay for said striker? Sign, sign, sign, get your cheque book out, we're doomed without new blood... Has anyone checked the accounts? Has anyone seen that, despite the Eze money, we are close to the S&P Limits? No, didn't think so...
                    Yeah, when the Eze money hit the account to May 21 we still made a loss of £3.5m.

Who knows that the losses will he for last season when we bankrolled some expensive loans and Chaz. For us to be close to breaking even last season surely we need to sell £15m of talent this summer. The premiership teams have been buying players but none of our top players have been linked to any club to my knowledge.

Perhaps the likes of Leeds and Newcastle are waiting to see how Wllock fairs when he returns from injury? It doesnt seem any suitors for the likes of Dieng, Dunne or Chair. I think I've been too optimistic on my valuations of Dykes and Dickie.

Comment

• Looking to sign Taylor Richards. 21yo CAM/CM for Brighton. He's in contract until 2024, so likely to be a loan to buy.
                      https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/...-from-brighton

Bid rejected for Danny McNamara from Millwall.
                      https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/...cnamara-180722

Comment

• Taylor Richards looks interesting, scored 10 goals on loan in 41 appearances on loan at Doncaster in L1. Loan with option to buy, good deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Isleworth116 View Post
                          Taylor Richards looks interesting, scored 10 goals on loan in 41 appearances on loan at Doncaster in L1. Loan with option to buy, good deal.
                          Think a Great addition, hope it gets done and from Hammersmith I think, not sure if he is Big enough or Black Enough but gets my uneducated Vote.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronnie Rangers View Post

Think a Great addition, hope it gets done and from Hammersmith I think, not sure if he is Big enough or Black Enough but gets my uneducated Vote.

Comment

• Rowett giving his thoughts on our pursuit of Danny mc. Says he would never offer such a low amount for any of our young lads and they not accepting anything we are proposing. Sounds like a repeat of the paterson debacle with Swansea last season.

Why do embarass ourselves like this??? Trying to get deals on the cheap. We have given some players away in the last few years and that's cos we have been badly run. Other clubs aren't as gullible as ours it seems.

Either offer them decent money or move on. Seems ridiculous we are spending so much time on a lad who at 23 has only played one full season at this level.

Surely we are looking at other players and not pinning our hopes on a Millwall right back?!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dono77 View Post
                                Rowett giving his thoughts on our pursuit of Danny mc. Says he would never offer such a low amount for any of our young lads and they not accepting anything we are proposing. Sounds like a repeat of the paterson debacle with Swansea last season.

Why do embarass ourselves like this??? Trying to get deals on the cheap. We have given some players away in the last few years and that's cos we have been badly run. Other clubs aren't as gullible as ours it seems.

Either offer them decent money or move on. Seems ridiculous we are spending so much time on a lad who at 23 has only played one full season at this level.

Surely we are looking at other players and not pinning our hopes on a Millwall right back?!!!
                                What do you want him to say? He's hardly going to say they're close to matching our valuation. They want as much as they can from the deal. Millwall have just signed Shackleton from Leeds, a right back. They'll cash in on McNamara if he refuses to sign a new deal, simple as that. There's obviously a willingness in McNamara to join us as well otherwise we wouldn't be persistent.

As for other options, of course but it seems McNamara is number one choice but there will come a time where we either agree the deal or move on. It's a game of cat and mouse and Millwall are in the position of getting next to nothing in 12 months with his contract running down, so they'll have a big decision to make.

Comment

Working...
                                X