Player Incomings 22/23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post
    35, just releaed by Southampton, FLW have an article citing our apparant intetest, probably a load of bull but thought I'd share.
    Yeah not digging you out giants.
    I'm just very sceptical of all these rumours flying around.
    Don't think he's the right fit for QPR and Les

Comment

• Shane Long is an expensive Conor Washington

Comment

• Long gone.

Comment

• https://the72.co.uk/2022/07/06/leeds...report-claims/

Comment

• All over twitter too now.

Tyler Robersts on loan from Leeds, future fee if we get promoted.

Comment

• Let's stay positive until or unless, welcome Tyler to our little old Club, good Luck Young Man.

Comment

• So next season he has a price tag of 4.5million with less than a year on his contract. No way would we sign up to that. Happy with the loan but the price tag is ridiculous. A player is valued on how long his contract is and his is nearly running out in 2024.
                I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                  So next season he has a price tag of 4.5million with less than a year on his contract. No way would we sign up to that. Happy with the loan but the price tag is ridiculous. A player is valued on how long his contract is and his is nearly running out in 2024.
                  I understand this to be an option only. If he becomes a big hit with us he might be worth £4m even though he has just one year left on his contract next year, but the chance is tiny of course. However, as it is an option only, why not? I suppose this option has come at modest cost, given how unlikely it is.

My first reaction when rumours started to circle was that Tyler Roberts is not the solution to our striker problem. He has scored 9 goals (just two goals the last two seasons) in more than 100 matches. Conor Washington looks a prolific goalgetter in comparison. However, I understand in the meantime that he is a utility player than can play in midfield, out wide, behind the striker and as striker. He has mostly been used behind the striker and out wide in his Leeds days. So I will disregard the goal stats and give him the benefit of doubt.

We mostly have a good track record identifying young targets lately (Dickie, Dunne, Willock, Field, Amos, McCallum - to a much lesser extent Thomas, Masterson, Sanderson and Dykes, but none are/were useless), so I trust this one, should Roberts pass the medical!

Comment

• Let's hope young Roberts does actually join us.
                    Be a good addition for us
                    Hull and Sheff Utd interested so we would be lucky.

Comment

• Off topic but what’s the deal with Derby? Gone from almost being extinct to signing players like Hourihane and Mc Goldrick at league 1 level? I doubt think we’d even be able to afford Hourihanes wages

Comment

• Originally posted by Fordy View Post
                        Off topic but what’s the deal with Derby? Gone from almost being extinct to signing players like Hourihane and Mc Goldrick at league 1 level? I doubt think we’d even be able to afford Hourihanes wages
                        Their takeover has been completed.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                          So next season he has a price tag of 4.5million with less than a year on his contract. No way would we sign up to that. Happy with the loan but the price tag is ridiculous. A player is valued on how long his contract is and his is nearly running out in 2024.
                          £4m option to buy him if we get promoted and get a cash boost of £150m.....?

Players can sell at £50m with one year remaining on their contracts.

Comment

• Difficult to judge Roberts on games played as say 20 are as a sub in prem or championship and he’s got 9 goals mainly as a bit part his return then don’t look too bad.

he’s the right age to progress hopefully he’s better than jack clarke wherever he is now no idea,

Comment

• Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post
                              Difficult to judge Roberts on games played as say 20 are as a sub in prem or championship and he’s got 9 goals mainly as a bit part his return then don’t look too bad.

he’s the right age to progress hopefully he’s better than jack clarke wherever he is now no idea,
                              Clarke helped Sunderland get promoted irrc?? He's doing okay..

Comment

• Originally posted by Dono77 View Post

Clarke helped Sunderland get promoted irrc?? He's doing okay..
                                Fair enough he didn’t know his left from his right with us so fair play to him

Comment

Working...
                                X