Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes they were.
    Answer the question.

Was the business model correct for QPR? Or did it have too much risk?
    Put it this way - if someone without money were to put this type of business plan to a bank for them to pursue it - would they have agreed to fund it. And I'm even talking pre-credit crunch.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndyB View Post
      Yes they were.
      Answer the question.

Was the business model correct for QPR? Or did it have too much risk?
      Put it this way - if someone without money were to put this type of business plan to a bank for them to pursue it - would they have agreed to fund it. And I'm even talking pre-credit crunch.
      Not too much risk as they had the money to back it up.

They were trying to get the club prepared for the Premiership.

Comment

• No time for him. Been laughed off many message boards, displays an unnervingly pro board dispensation to every single argument.

He'd get a Tad more respect if he changed his user name to Ali Russell or some such.

Comment

• how dare he lecture us about our football club?

Comment

• Having money to back it up infers that they would support the risky side of the venture. In other words fund it should it not prove self-fulfilling.
            It's not, and they are looking at shipping-out.

BE said they wanted to do it differently. Fair play, they did. But as soon as things look a little sour - they clam-up with the readies? What sort of "back-up" is that.

I cannot believe the income from QPR FC would be much different even if we had packed the place out for the last two seasons. So, the ONLY way the venture was going to succeed was Prem football. And that needs cash - not the sort of cash that comes from an 18,000 stadium even at rip-off prices.
            They put some in - but not enough - evidently. Not knocking what has been put in or some of the players brought in - but the firesale has shown that these were not supported by QPR income.
            SO it was never about the stadium earnings.

So what the hell IS it all about?

"I want to do it this way".

"But that needs cash"

"Dont worry, the lads have oodles just in case"

"It aint working, the sums are the same"

"Bye"

WTF? Why bother?

Comment

• You know you are right Nodge. It is so much easier just to laugh and then ignore. Sorry Conners my man, you are the weakest link, goodbye.

Comment

• conners-i have been going to rangers for well over 30 years

it's hard to do it now

Comment

• I have been supporting rangers home and away for 30 years, i am a season ticket holder in ellerslie rd. My son was given tickets through his school so on Saturday i had to sit in the school end the kids were singing louder than us!

We have to start taking some of the blame as fans as soon as things start to wrong the atmosphere at our club is crap!

LR was like a funeral parlour from kick off!
                  BUZSAKY IS KING

Comment

• Oh and before someone shouts "Wigan" or "Burnley" or "Hull" and they did it without the crowd income - they got lucky to a degree. Hit a good formula behind the scenes and with the players at the time.
                    What I'm talking about here is a sure-fire business plan that should get the club promotion.

There isn't one. Without cash up-front.
                    Get your promotion and then you can talk about Boutiques and premium prices and of course - return on your initial outlay.

Comment

• Um, why has Conners not been banned yet? Can someone please explain to me as I am dumbfounded (obviously as I am uneducated). This person has abused the majority of QPR supporters and even suggested a culling yet I still see his name posted as a user and I am disgusted.

Comment

• Weakest link?

He is putting another side of the arguement, which the less vocal probably agree with.

Your right, you cannot sell Routledge and not re-invest that, but at least he didn't do a Cardiff for example

Arguments to both sides, but the reality at most 200 fans protested and we had 13,000 at the game??

I can see fans frustrations and understand that we are being cheated, but many clubs are NOT doing business this January transfer window and we are not Palace who are selling all their players and problems have only been deferred for 12 months. All in all, things have got to change and the club they are at fault for no proper PR and not talking to the fans not spending money to get us up are the real problems. Add to that Flavio's alter ego.
                        ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                        THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

• No - don't ban him.
                          I get the feeling he is our only communication line to the club.
                          Although it is only one-way.

Comment

• because he is not just a normal fan like the rest of us-he is conners,rich,successful,and has no time for us 20 pound plebs

Comment

• Glad everything is so black and white
                              ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                              THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

• Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                                Weakest link?

He is putting another side of the arguement, which the less vocal probably agree with.

Your right, you cannot sell Routledge and not re-invest that, but at least he didn't do a Cardiff for example

Arguments to both sides, but the reality at most 200 fans protested and we had 13,000 at the game??

I can see fans frustrations and understand that we are being cheated, but not many clubs are NOT doing business this January transfer window and we are not Palace who are selling all their players being sold and problems have only been deferred for 12 months. All in all, things have got to change and the club they are at fault for no proper PR and not talking to the fans not spending money to get us up are the real problems. Add to that Flavio's alter ego.
                                Watch it Pete - Conners doesn't take too well to talk like that.

Comment

Working...
                                X