Educating fans - NO INSULTS PLEASE OR THREAD WILL BE LOCKED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Educating fans - NO INSULTS PLEASE OR THREAD WILL BE LOCKED

There is much talk about QPR going into admin in the next few days. A ten point deduction would most probably see us relegated when you put it together with our current run of form.

I fully appreciate that many fans have not been happy the way Briatore has been running our club (and for the record I have not been that impressed), however, Briatore has always held the ace card and therefore it has been important for the fans to think intelligently in order to move him on.

Unfortunately, intelligence is not something that many of our big mouth fans have. I sat in the SA road stand and heard fans chant "Flavio is a ******" to be followed up by "Get your wallet". What idiots. If you were Flavio at that point what would you be tempted ? Go and strengthen the squad on Monday or put the club into admin.

These idiotic fans (and I appreciate that we have many good ones) that have taken things into their own hands have pretty much forced this.
    ? Despite all the crap going on off the pitch, the team had made progress in terms of league standing, however, we should have been looking for ways of waiting for him to realise that he didnt have a future here and for him to sell to another businessman down the line.

Instead, the fans have created a complete crap atmosphere at the club and as a result, the days of watching the likes of Danny Cullip and Co are once again, just around the corner. To make it worse, the chances are that we will be watching our team at Craven Cottage as these guys will probably sell the ground also.

Well done fans for using tact. Go back to school and get some education.

:shocked:

Comment

Sadly, he's absolutely right.
      We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are...

Comment

mathew, your avatar scares the sh*t out of me!!!

Conners. He's pushed the fans to this point.

Comment

Originally posted by conners View Post
          There is much talk about QPR going into admin in the next few days. A ten point deduction would most probably see us relegated when you put it together with our current run of form.

I fully appreciate that many fans have not been happy the way Briatore has been running our club (and for the record I have not been that impressed), however, Briatore has always held the ace card and therefore it has been important for the fans to think intelligently in order to move him on.

Unfortunately, intelligence is not something that many of our big mouth fans have. I sat in the SA road stand and heard fans chant "Flavio is a ******" to be followed up by "Get your wallet". What idiots. If you were Flavio at that point what would you be tempted ? Go and strengthen the squad on Monday or put the club into admin.

These idiotic fans (and I appreciate that we have many good ones) that have taken things into their own hands have pretty much forced this.
          ? Despite all the crap going on off the pitch, the team had made progress in terms of league standing, however, we should have been looking for ways of waiting for him to realise that he didnt have a future here and for him to sell to another businessman down the line.

Instead, the fans have created a complete crap atmosphere at the club and as a result, the days of watching the likes of Danny Cullip and Co are once again, just around the corner. To make it worse, the chances are that we will be watching our team at Craven Cottage as these guys will probably sell the ground also.

Well done fans for using tact. Go back to school and get some education.
          conner this is your opinion, but the thing you have to understand is the board are not communicating with the fans.
          do you know why
          1. we sould routledge
          2. hall and aggy loaned out leaving squad light
          3 ainsworth released
          4 not signing any permenant transfers in the window
          5 what the general situation at the club
          the answer is no, the board are a disgrace im not scared of admin threats,lg1 or having no money of players because ive allready been there.
          conner stop being held to ransom by these awful people they are very wealthy me who could raise 5m like that enough to allow the maner pick 3 or 4 good players, if you dont belive me pop down to the city ground and see how there getting on

Comment

scott, he has pushed many of us to become unhappy but about 5% of us to actually react, this typically being the 5% who are unable to take part in democracy but who choose to threaten and beat people up (probably serving some part of their lives in Wormwood Scrubs prison also).

With Briatore in control we had some chance of survival and the hope that someone else would come in and buy us.

What we have now, is relegation having over our head.

Comment

scott, he has pushed many of us to become unhappy but about 5% of us to actually react, this typically being the 5% who are unable to take part in democracy but who choose to threaten and beat people up (probably serving some part of their lives in Wormwood Scrubs prison also).

With Briatore in control we had some chance of survival and the hope that someone else would come in and buy us.

What we have now, is relegation having over our head.
              If I'm "contoversial" online, you, sir are the anti-christ

Comment

You both have valid points as always.
                Personally, I'd rather be in League 1 and know whats going on at the club than the current shambles.
                It looks dangerously like we're being stripped of all our assets and there must be a reason for it??
                No permanent signings, expensive players being sold or loaned out...
                What's next, a CLOSING DOWN SALE strung up across Loftus Road?
                I've followed Rangers for 40+ years and Ive never been so completely indifferent to what happens next. I just couldn't give a toss anymore......
                2011-2013, 2 seasons in the Premiership, 76 games, 14 wins........two years of my life I'll never get back!!

2013/2014 mediocrity topped off with a win at Wembley....

2014/2015 was pretty much the same as 2011-2013.....

2015/2016, average at best.....

2016/2017, same old, same old....

2017/2018, aim low, avoid disappointment!

Its the hope that kills you!

Comment

Originally posted by eghamhoop View Post
                  conner this is your opinion, but the thing you have to understand is the board are not communicating with the fans.
                  do you know why
                  1. we sould routledge
                  2. hall and aggy loaned out leaving squad light
                  3 ainsworth released
                  4 not signing any permenant transfers in the window
                  5 what the general situation at the club
                  the answer is no, the board are a disgrace im not scared of admin threats,lg1 or having no money of players because ive allready been there.
                  conner stop being held to ransom by these awful people they are very wealthy me who could raise 5m like that enough to allow the maner pick 3 or 4 good players, if you dont belive me pop down to the city ground and see how there getting on
                  Egham, I popped down to the City Ground last Tuesday night and despite the 5-0 scoreline I do have to say that the scoreline was a tad flattering despite us playing poorly.

Yes the fans do not know what is going on, however, when last year we got lots of communication all the fans chose to do was boo the statements that appeared on scoreboards because they already had a view that they did not want to change and when Briatore tried to explain himself, he was booed.

There has quite clearly been a strategy this season of the board keeping quiet and I don't blame them.

Anyhow, this isn't about Briatore being good or bad for our future. It is about how to remove him, whilst giving our club a sound future.

Comment

I think Conners has a point, and I think Scott has a point.

If Flavio was more open with the fans, maybe released a few statements on the website or ininterviews and kept us in the loop about where his thinking is at (and where this 4 year plan is at), we might understand more what is going on. There's nothing worse than not knowing. With the grand promises he made, I can totally understand why many fans are disillusioned and angry. Paying 50% more to see games but not really getting anywhere near 50% more in return, is a hard pill to swallow.

On the other hand, the most vocal section of our fans in the stadium is, and I am generalising here, the least savvy. Instead if thinking, 'how can we get this situation sorted intelligently and with the best result for us', they just go into their 'fight' mode. This time verbally.

There must be some middle ground where the club will sit down with intelligent fan representatives (not hoody-laden versions) and try to work out the most productive way forward. If this fails, then fair play, demonstrate and all that.

Maybe I am missing something, in which case I am happy to be corrected, but at the moment it seems like the bad headmaster against some naughty schoolkids, and there's only ever one winner in that scenario, isn't there.

Comment

Originally posted by scott_jones View Post
                      If I'm "contoversial" online, you, sir are the anti-christ

Haha, will calm down shortly. Not helping watch Andy Murray.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevster269 View Post
                        You both have valid points as always.
                        Personally, I'd rather be in League 1 and know whats going on at the club than the current shambles.
                        It looks dangerously like we're being stripped of all our assets and there must be a reason for it??
                        No permanent signings, expensive players being sold or loaned out...
                        What's next, a CLOSING DOWN SALE strung up across Loftus Road?
                        I've followed Rangers for 40+ years and Ive never been so completely indifferent to what happens next. I just couldn't give a toss anymore......
                        Kevster269, would nearly accept Division 1, however, I fear that it won't stop at that. Just take a look at our neighbours (Watford an Palace) and it is quite clear that football is a very difficult business to be a success at.

Comment

Are you Scottish then ?

Comment

.....however, we should have been looking for ways of waiting for him to realise that he didnt have a future here and for him to sell to another businessman down the line.

....Instead, the fans have created a complete crap atmosphere at the club
                            Ok, as usual from you - it's mostly the fans fault. We know the drill.

How should the fans sit quietly by and "look for ways of waiting for him to sell to another businessman"?
                            Just let him do whatever he likes to QPR and wait until he gets bored, but don't upset him whatever you do because he's ever so powerful??

That's a cowardly and unrealistic solution to expect from people who pay their money, and care... whether you agree with them or not.

And just exactly the reaction any playground bully wants.
                            Bend over, brace yourselves, and take it up the backside, and don't complain. Let him, he'll just get bored of it.
                            You honestly expect that???

There was no booing of the manager, and given the recent terrible results, I thought the fans were ok to the team yesterday. It was flat, but no mass abuse and booing of individuals on the pitch. But that's not enough, they have to accept and support everything?
                            Do me a favour, and get real. It's emotion, and it's part of football.

Last edited by Goddard; 31-01-2010, 12:11 PM.
                            Final Version - Hope you like it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1z0UQ0eqRM

Follow Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/QPRGoddard

Comment

Originally posted by Stedders View Post
                              I think Conners has a point, and I think Scott has a point.

If Flavio was more open with the fans, maybe released a few statements on the website or ininterviews and kept us in the loop about where his thinking is at (and where this 4 year plan is at), we might understand more what is going on. There's nothing worse than not knowing. With the grand promises he made, I can totally understand why many fans are disillusioned and angry. Paying 50% more to see games but not really getting anywhere near 50% more in return, is a hard pill to swallow.

On the other hand, the most vocal section of our fans in the stadium is, and I am generalising here, the least savvy. Instead if thinking, 'how can we get this situation sorted intelligently and with the best result for us', they just go into their 'fight' mode. This time verbally.

There must be some middle ground where the club will sit down with intelligent fan representatives (not hoody-laden versions) and try to work out the most productive way forward. If this fails, then fair play, demonstrate and all that.

Maybe I am missing something, in which case I am happy to be corrected, but at the moment it seems like the bad headmaster against some naughty schoolkids, and there's only ever one winner in that scenario, isn't there.
                              Stedders, spot on. It is important that any representative is level headed.

Comment

Working...
                              X