Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sharpy View Post
    Conners.

Do you believe it is time for GP to move on also ?
    Probably is the answer, however, I do have to say (and I do not know the guy) but I do think he comes in for a lot of unfair criticism.

None of us know what his remit is. He may we have been told to limit all signings to loan players on x salary per week.

People are very quick to quote some of the bad players that he has brought in, however, I think he has brought in some very very good players.

I would also say, that our club has been particularly unlucky in the last couple of seasons with injuries to key players:

Rowlands twice
    Buz twice
    Vine

I just wonder how well we may have done had these guys not got injured etc.

In short, I would suggest Paldini's record of signing players is not as bad as some "experienced" managers.

Comment

P-a-l-a-d-i-n-i watch

Comment

Originally posted by conners View Post
        Probably is the answer, however, I do have to say (and I do not know the guy) but I do think he comes in for a lot of unfair criticism.

None of us know what his remit is. He may we have been told to limit all signings to loan players on x salary per week.

People are very quick to quote some of the bad players that he has brought in, however, I think he has brought in some very very good players.

I would also say, that our club has been particularly unlucky in the last couple of seasons with injuries to key players:

Rowlands twice
        Buz twice
        Vine

I just wonder how well we may have done had these guys not got injured etc.

In short, I would suggest Paldini's record of signing players is not as bad as some "experienced" managers.
        He should have gone right after the court case IMO
        We Are The People.....

Comment

Shania, very good post. In fact, you get my point out a lot better than I do.

Keep up the positivity.

This club will be around long after Briatore and all the players are long gone and we all have a role to play in ensuring that it is in as good a state as possible.

Thank you very much,Conners. Spot on about the future.

Comment

"I think he has brought in some very very good players"

Would you care to expand on these so called very very good players,because i`m sure i can give you 3 duffs to your every one.

Comment

Have to say that what Conners does say a lot of the time is preety much as I see it too at the moment. Before Briatori, we had Thompson , Wright, Blackburn, Davies, Palladini etc etc and before them Fulham Park Rangers Bulstrode, 4 of them were also hounded out the club because.........? The supporters didn't think they were doing a good enough job ! Simply if Briatori brought success, none of the fans wouold give a monkeys how he went about it, which to me is hypocritical.
              Some talk about AFC QPR well if they run that club as they preach, it won't last a month as I think basic maths is not a strong point, where do wages come from, ground rent etc etc etc We are not AFC Man Utd, we are not AFC Wimbledon at the moment until they are driven away We are QPR but who in their right mind would buy us given the list I have stated above !
              How would todays fans felt about Jim Gregory ? Because believe me he didn't give a monkeys about how the fans felt and he did what he perceived to be right and listened to NO ONE, remind you of anyone !

Comment

AndyB, you are not very good at research is what i would say. On post 54 of this thread i state "I believe it is time for Flavio to move on but only when we have found someone that is prepared to take over the bankrolling". Hardly supporting the board.
                Right - and there are no hints whatsoever anywhere that he is moving on anyway are there?
                Hardly a criticism when he is about to jump ship anyway. And not really a criticism. You could be his accountant or solicitor offering advice.

Now - if you say, he's made a pigs-ear of it. Time to go - then I'd accept that as a criticism.

Comment

Originally posted by shania View Post
                  Spot on!! I am embarrased.:electric_shock:
                  The club was ruined last night by some ...... supporters.
                  The club was ruined???

what a drama queen

would have been more embarrased if there had been no demos at all

Comment

Originally posted by Sharpy View Post
                    "I think he has brought in some very very good players"

Would you care to expand on these so called very very good players,because i`m sure i can give you 3 duffs to your every one.
                    Radek Cerny -joint top keeper in division last year
                    Damion Stewart - Player of year last year
                    Ben Watson - All fans wanted him, we got him. Proved to be crap but that is a separate issue.
                    Lee Cook - All fans wanted him, we got him.
                    Wayne Routledge - Coverted player in the league, we got him.
                    Rowan Vine - Excellen first season with us in Luigi days before being badly injured
                    Akos - Need i say anymore
                    Gorkks - Spent whole summer trying to get him, got him
                    Hogan - Again, very good first season

Comment

• Originally posted by conners View Post
                      People who boo or #### off people associated with my club are not fans and never will be. Makes me laugh, some of the idiots on here saying how much we miss Mahon. A load of them were booing him last season. Complete ****.

I was indifferent with regards Sousa, however, i was so proud of the day he stood up to our so called fans and kept Mahon on the pitch during that game.

Perhaps we should grade each and every supporter? For instance, Conners would be a 'superfan' - high intellect and thoroughly decent, non-abusive kind of chap. Perhaps a PLATINUM grading for him?

What grade would the rest of us be? Dark brown? Remember guys, if you've ever booed or slated our owners your grading will be severely affected.
                      Last edited by BobHazell; 31-01-2010, 11:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by conners View Post
                        Radek Cerny -joint top keeper in division last year
                        Damion Stewart - Player of year last year
                        Ben Watson - All fans wanted him, we got him. Proved to be crap but that is a separate issue.
                        Lee Cook - All fans wanted him, we got him.
                        Wayne Routledge - Coverted player in the league, we got him.
                        Rowan Vine - Excellen first season with us in Luigi days before being badly injured
                        Akos - Need i say anymore
                        Gorkks - Spent whole summer trying to get him, got him
                        Hogan - Again, very good first season
                        come off it!! rowan vine was good for a few months since the leg break hes been ****e!

thats a very small list compared to the no. of total signings. seems to me that everyone but you believe the protests were justified

Comment

• Originally posted by AndyB View Post
                          Right - and there are no hints whatsoever anywhere that he is moving on anyway are there?
                          Hardly a criticism when he is about to jump ship anyway. And not really a criticism. You could be his accountant or solicitor offering advice.

Now - if you say, he's made a pigs-ear of it. Time to go - then I'd accept that as a criticism.
                          I would say he has made a pigs ear of it, but we us taken us from the bottom of the table in doing so, to mid table.

I don't think he will change his spots sufficiently enough to get us into the top two.

Is that good enough for you ?

Rangers fans like to moan but even the thickest ones out there must accept that we are now a better team than when those guys walked in the door.

Comment

• Originally posted by Qpr3 View Post
                            come off it!! rowan vine was good for a few months since the leg break hes been ****e!

thats a very small list compared to the no. of total signings. seems to me that everyone but you believe the protests were justified
                            I said Rowan Vine was good in his first season. It is not Paladinis fault that someone breaks his ankle in training. Of course, the guy has never been the same player since.

Totally disagree with your last comment. If everyone believed that protests were jusified then there would have been more than 300 protesting. Do you remember the Fulham Park Rangers protest ? Now that was a protest.

I see yesterday's protest as being ill thought out.

Comment

• Connors - did the board get their boutique business model wrong?
                              And don't talk to me about results - cos the attendances were low even during decent spells.

You asked us repeatedly to spend so the board could. The boutique model is based on low supply high cost.
                              We didn't and we are not all ******s despite what you keep saying. Many couldn't afford it - many, couldn't justify the cost even though they might have afforded it.

Every product risks pricing itself out of the market - however good.

So - in your opinion, do you think the strategy was right?

Comment

• again he says the thickest ones out there

unbelievable snob

why don't you go and watch rugby/rowing/eton fives

you obviously don't have time for ordinary football fans

Comment

Working...
                                X