Educating fans - NO INSULTS PLEASE OR THREAD WILL BE LOCKED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AndyB View Post
    Connors - did the board get their boutique business model wrong?
    And don't talk to me about results - cos the attendances were low even during decent spells.

You asked us repeatedly to spend so the board could. The boutique model is based on low supply high cost.
    We didn't and we are not all ******s despite what you keep saying. Many couldn't afford it - many, couldn't justify the cost even though they might have afforded it.

Every product risks pricing itself out of the market - however good.

So - in your opinion, do you think the strategy was right?
    Think the issue of cost was only an argument for a few. We are a small club playing alongside bigger boys.

People need to stop getting carried away with words like bouique. To be a small and classy club, what is wrong with that.

Think QPR fans expected far too much from day one and turned at the first sign that things were not going to plan.

Comment

• My word Conners, you really are a weak and pathetic individual arent you. I bet you dream of rolling out of the directors entrance waving a piece of white paper in the air shouting 'Peace in our time'. Go on admit it.

This is what you believe in don't you. Appeasment. Just look through history you fool and see where that has ever got anyone.

Flavio Briatore knows what he is going to do and will not be influeneced by a few fans. He hasnt got to where he is today being influenced by anyone. He will do whatever benefits him financially and no nasty little football fans saying nastly little things will change that.

You are not a fan because if you were you would never insult fellow fans like you do on here. You actually offend me now. Do you work for the club by any chance?

Comment

• Originally posted by conners View Post
        Think the issue of cost was only an argument for a few. We are a small club playing alongside bigger boys.

People need to stop getting carried away with words like bouique. To be a small and classy club, what is wrong with that.

Think QPR fans expected far too much from day one and turned at the first sign that things were not going to plan.
        please please please go away and support chelsea

Comment

• Now i know you`re taking the piiss.

Comment

• ** REMINDER TO ALL POSTERS **

Please keep these exchanges friendly - if insults continue, infraction points will be given out and the thread will be locked!
            Check out www.wearetherangersboys.com for the Godfather's latest match previews, reports and articles.

Comment

• Originally posted by BobHazell View Post
              Perhaps we should grade each and every supporter? For instance, Conners would be a 'superfan' - high intellect and thoroughly decent, non-abusive kind of chap. Perhaps a PLATINUM grading for him?

What grade would the rest of us be? Dark brown? Remember guys, if you've ever booed or slated our owners your grading will be severely affected.

Really, Bob Hazell. What you just wrote now, I cant belive you even believe in youselves.

Comment

• First day on the job ?

Comment

• hello conners-you lovely lovely rich person

why are you wasting your time at little old QPR when your mindset is soooo much more suited to the team from Stamford Bridge??

Comment

• What is quite clear, whether you agree wih me or not, is that there is a different view to what many of you on this thread think and quite a few have come out and supported my view. Go back through the thread if you don't believe me.

It is ok to have different opinions

Comment

• Educating Conners

many of us who have followed rangers home and away for many many years do not need to be lectured about "loyalty"

Comment

Why did fans "expect too much"?
                        Was that because the owners said "You set a target [for promotion] and when we take over we're talking about four years' time. If it happens earlier, it happens earlier."
                        http://www.sportinglife.com/football...&TEAMHD=soccer
                        Should we not have believed them?

David

Comment

No, no, no and no.

I'm not using the word boutique. FB did. And no, as a business model - it's fair game.
                          (As a football model I hate it - but that's a separate debate)

We had crowds of 13/14,000 average (being generous there I think), when they took over.
                          So, they could either drop the price and get big crowds in or make it all so tempting that they might get a couple more thousand at a premium rate.
                          They were only ever going to get 18,000 max. Not done the sums, but that's hardly a huge sum to push for the Prem. (ok - some sums, 4000 fans at average £30 = £120,000 per game which is £60,000 per week - which does NOT pay for wages, signing-on fees or transfer of players needed to go into the Prem). It was ALWAYS going to need further investment from the board.
                          So, the worst case happens, the crowds of 13,000 drop-off cos the football is not successful. (dont bleat on about fair weather fans here, because we need to attract them to be a going-concern don't we?)
                          And the income from the lower crowds drops-off too. But again, I can't see how a couple of thousand fans per week makes much difference. (2000 fans at £30 is approx £60,000 every two weeks - f-all in todays markets)

So, seeing as the crowd numbers make little or no difference to the overall monies invested in the club, I saw it as the future - a push that when we make the prem, prices would be high, so when we get a bigger stadium we could pay for THAT. Maybe even fill-it. And the premium prices would make a BIG difference if we were to get 30,000 per week.

But, we aren't in a big stadium to make the money from crowds - the Boutique thing was aimed at the C-club and boxes. They didn't come.
                          Bad luck? Maybe.

But, in the meantime, the core support who come through thick and thin dwindled. partly price partly because of the blanket brigade opposite - sitting in luxury while we walk through p155y lavs and sit in torture gadets sometimes known as seats.
                          The fans are already fed-up but FB didn;t care. Big mistake as it doesn't take much more bad stuff (as we have seen) for the fans to turn big -time.

So, was it a good idea or not? Bearing in mind this is NOT hindsight - many, many folk said so at the time. Keep the core base sweet in case things go titty-up - then they may be forgiving for a little longer than normal.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndyB View Post
                            No, no, no and no.

I'm not using the word boutique. FB did. And no, as a business model - it's fair game.
                            (As a football model I hate it - but that's a separate debate)

We had crowds of 13/14,000 average (being generous there I think), when they took over.
                            So, they could either drop the price and get big crowds in or make it all so tempting that they might get a couple more thousand at a premium rate.
                            They were only ever going to get 18,000 max. Not done the sums, but that's hardly a huge sum to push for the Prem. (ok - some sums, 4000 fans at average £30 = £120,000 per game which is £60,000 per week - which does NOT pay for wages, signing-on fees or transfer of players needed to go into the Prem). It was ALWAYS going to need further investment from the board.
                            So, the worst case happens, the crowds of 13,000 drop-off cos the football is not successful. (dont bleat on about fair weather fans here, because we need to attract them to be a going-concern don't we?)
                            And the income from the lower crowds drops-off too. But again, I can't see how a couple of thousand fans per week makes much difference. (2000 fans at £30 is approx £60,000 every two weeks - f-all in todays markets)

So, seeing as the crowd numbers make little or no difference to the overall monies invested in the club, I saw it as the future - a push that when we make the prem, prices would be high, so when we get a bigger stadium we could pay for THAT. Maybe even fill-it. And the premium prices would make a BIG difference if we were to get 30,000 per week.

But, we aren't in a big stadium to make the money from crowds - the Boutique thing was aimed at the C-club and boxes. They didn't come.
                            Bad luck? Maybe.

But, in the meantime, the core support who come through thick and thin dwindled. partly price partly because of the blanket brigade opposite - sitting in luxury while we walk through p155y lavs and sit in torture gadets sometimes known as seats.
                            The fans are already fed-up but FB didn;t care. Big mistake as it doesn't take much more bad stuff (as we have seen) for the fans to turn big -time.

So, was it a good idea or not? Bearing in mind this is NOT hindsight - many, many folk said so at the time. Keep the core base sweet in case things go titty-up - then they may be forgiving for a little longer than normal.
                            AndyB, people were not moaning when we were beating all and sundry 4-0 earlier in the year, so why moan now.

Comment

• here here:devil::devil:

Comment

What is quite clear, whether you agree wih me or not, is that there is a different view to what many of you on this thread think and quite a few have come out and supported my view. Go back through the thread if you don't believe me.

It is ok to have different opinions
                                What percentage might that be then? 2%, 5%? Are you trying to get a cult following?

I said 'cult' Moderator.

Comment

Working...
                                X