Club gives fleet of coaches to bring economic migrants from Calais

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
    Link is to a group with a strong political agenda, in reality the under age kids have already been separated from the youth who are still there. And that isn't a bus queue, its a food queue.
    Originally posted by easthertsr View Post
    There you have the way the whole issue can be manipulated by the tabloids, they really are an absolute disgrace.
    So you two say.

Comment

• Breaking news, first group of underage refugees arrives in QPR coaches :

Banning people is no longer my hobby,
      but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
      http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

• Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
        What borough is taking these so called children and what borough takes in most of the OO C development and where do QPR want to build a new stadium ???
        Hounslow have taken about 6 already and despite whinging about Government savings every other day which they claim results in closing old peoples homes etc they have found the resources to fund a team of social workers and housing experts so the "children" can be integrated swiftly in to the Borough
        Last edited by IsleworthRanger; 03-11-2016, 10:09 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post
          Hounslow have taken about 6 already and despite whinging about Government savings every other day which they claim results in closing old peoples homes etc they have found the resources to fund a team of social workers and housing experts so the "children" can be integrated swiftly in to the Borough
          Goron Bennett you are talking about Hounslow ! Are you trying to tell me that's news worthy
          But that's got nothing to do with trying to gain favour from H/smith council with regards to the ooc development has it ?
          Last edited by dogsrrs; 03-11-2016, 11:05 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
            They are marginalised and bullied in school, this being disenchanted with the idea of education and not carrying it through. Their parents are either not around or have been so poorly treated historically that they harbour anger and resentment towards the establishment and are unfortunately as poorly educated as their children for exactly the same reasons. It's a cycle that won't change without the focus on integration that is absolutely necessary and should be encouraged, not feared.

You know what creates radicalisation? Separation. Integration develops bonds and stops the threat of radicalisation.
            Good luck with the integration project England:
            http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...residents.html
            https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

• Originally posted by 1QPRDK View Post
              Good luck with the integration project England:
              http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...residents.html
              The blame for this crazy situation is entirely to the policies of subsequent governments, especially the last Labour government, who saw a massive immigration programme as a way of boosting the economy, with absolutely no thought for the impact on local communities. It was purely political and economic. These policies have led - in my opinion - to the divided state that much of Britain is in today.

However, the fracturing of local communities began with Thatcher, again, as an economic but also a severely ideological plan: the idea being that to properly implement the neoliberal policies of unfettered capitalism, you need to destroy the glue holds communities together and in its place have a society of individuals who will compete against each other, making them far easier to rule, and far more susceptible to consumerism. And so, as a result of both these policies, from governments of both Labour and Conservative, we have Britain of today, a country often at odds with itself, as typified by this article. Of course, this is an extreme example, there are plenty of communities that are fairly well integrated - where I live for instance - Queens Park/Kilburn. However there is no doubt that those who have immigrated from Muslim countries have not integrated either as quickly or as widely as other immigrants.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                The blame for this crazy situation is entirely to the policies of subsequent governments, especially the last Labour government, who saw a massive immigration programme as a way of boosting the economy, with absolutely no thought for the impact on local communities. It was purely political and economic. These policies have led - in my opinion - to the divided state that much of Britain is in today.

However, the fracturing of local communities began with Thatcher, again, as an economic but also a severely ideological plan: the idea being that to properly implement the neoliberal policies of unfettered capitalism, you need to destroy the glue holds communities together and in its place have a society of individuals who will compete against each other, making them far easier to rule, and far more susceptible to consumerism. And so, as a result of both these policies, from governments of both Labour and Conservative, we have Britain of today, a country often at odds with itself, as typified by this article. Of course, this is an extreme example, there are plenty of communities that are fairly well integrated - where I live for instance - Queens Park/Kilburn.However there is no doubt that those who have immigrated from Muslim countries have not integrated either as quickly or as widely as other immigrants.
                They've probably been bullied and marginalised because they were muslims mate.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1QPRDK View Post
                  They've probably been bullied and marginalised because they were muslims mate.
                  I don't think they've been bullied or marginalised mate, they just don't seem to want to integrate - witness the number of muslim faith schools here now. Something I am strongly opposed to. But I think you were being ironic, weren't you?

Comment

I don't think they've been bullied or marginalised mate, they just don't seem to want to integrate - witness the number of muslim faith schools here now. Something I am strongly opposed to. But I think you were being ironic, weren't you?
                    Nail on head

Comment

However, the fracturing of local communities began with Thatcher, again, as an economic but also a severely ideological plan: the idea being that to properly implement the neoliberal policies of unfettered capitalism, you need to destroy the glue holds communities together and in its place have a society of individuals who will compete against each other, making them far easier to rule, and far more susceptible to consumerism. And so, as a result of both these policies, from governments of both Labour and Conservative, we have Britain of today, a country often at odds with itself, as typified by this article. Of course, this is an extreme example, there are plenty of communities that are fairly well integrated - where I live for instance - Queens Park/Kilburn. However there is no doubt that those who have immigrated from Muslim countries have not integrated either as quickly or as widely as other immigrants.
                      Exactly why I moved away from London years ago. Really fear for the grandkids. No matter how you dress it up, this country will be a hell whole in 30 years if it's not already.

Comment

Make you right in a modern 21st century country there should be no such thing as faith schools Christian Muslim Jewish or any other

Comment

There are plenty of individual faith schools for quite a few religions mind you. Some of my best friends went to a Jewish faith school for example, but bear in mind also I think there's a lot more integration in London than in other parts of the country because it's very difficult to (long term) force people out of a large enough region in the city to make it non integrated.
                          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

This is spot on Hubs, as is your previous post.

Interestingly, holding that opinion would cause a certain faction to label you as a racist, which you obviously are not. It's simply a fact and one that caused all sorts of uproar during the referendum, when those that insist upon being offended on behalf of others, refused to accept it as such.

Irrespective of who or what caused the problems that resulted in the refugee crisis, I would hope that we would all be capable of showing compassion to those involved and hope that our country plays a full part in ensuring that we do as much as we can to help. Perhaps review the amount of foreign aid we give each year and ensure that more is directed to those immediately in need as opposed to the fortunes needlessly sent to certain other places.

All in favour of helping people, but not at the expense of destroying our own culture which sadly, we are well down the road to doing. All because we mustn't offend people.

Regards your point about faith schools, would love to see them shut down. Every single one. Practice your religion at home or in your place of worship if you must. How ridiculously divisive is it to send your kids to be taught that one religion is the correct one?

Comment

• Originally posted by brightonr View Post

Interestingly, holding that opinion would cause a certain faction to label you as a racist, which you obviously are not. It's simply a fact and one that caused all sorts of uproar during the referendum, when those that insist upon being offended on behalf of others, refused to accept it as such.

Irrespective of who or what caused the problems that resulted in the refugee crisis, I would hope that we would all be capable of showing compassion to those involved and hope that our country plays a full part in ensuring that we do as much as we can to help. Perhaps review the amount of foreign aid we give each year and ensure that more is directed to those immediately in need as opposed to the fortunes needlessly sent to certain other places.

All in favour of helping people, but not at the expense of destroying our own culture which sadly, we are well down the road to doing. All because we mustn't offend people.

Regards your point about faith schools, would love to see them shut down. Every single one. Practice your religion at home or in your place of worship if you must. How ridiculously divisive is it to send your kids to be taught that one religion is the correct one?
                              I agree with this if it's done with every single faith and not just minority cases. Faith is something you should learn on your own time if you want to, it sort of goes against the concept of it if you are forced into learning it because of the school you went.
                              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Originally posted by brightonr View Post

Richard Dawkins describes Faith Schools as child abuse. Inflicting on them a belief system before they are old enough to comprehend it. Some might argue that religions only continue to exist because most followers are inculcated at an early age to follow that path. I find it hard to disagree with!

Comment

Working...
                                X