Hoilett latest...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
    Assists for last year - Hoilett at his productive best and best season for us!!!

1 Alejandro Faurlin Queens Park Rangers 6
    2 Massimo Luongo Queens Park Rangers 6
    3 Matthew Phillips Queens Park Rangers 5
    4 Tjaronn Chery Queens Park Rangers 4
    5 James Perch Queens Park Rangers 3
    6 Sebastian Polter Queens Park Rangers 2
    7 Leroy Fer Queens Park Rangers 2
    8 Clint Hill Queens Park Rangers 2
    9 Nedum Onuoha Queens Park Rangers 2
    10 David Hoilett Queens Park Rangers 2

He scored 2 goals for us last season as well!!
    That's great but the original comparison was Mackie v Hoilett. What's their assists comparison look like for their time here?

Comment

• Originally posted by moon_safari View Post
      Hoilett
      A player who constantly the boo boys favourite for two seasons.
      Wanted premiership football
      How is he a #### taker?
      The only reservation I would have is fitness will take him at least 6 weeks to get up to speed.
      Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
      Think your'e forgetting most of 45 out of 48 months there mate
      Exactly. What a daft comment.

Comment

• Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
        Assists for last year - Hoilett at his productive best and best season for us!!!

1 Alejandro Faurlin Queens Park Rangers 6
        2 Massimo Luongo Queens Park Rangers 6
        3 Matthew Phillips Queens Park Rangers 5
        4 Tjaronn Chery Queens Park Rangers 4
        5 James Perch Queens Park Rangers 3
        6 Sebastian Polter Queens Park Rangers 2
        7 Leroy Fer Queens Park Rangers 2
        8 Clint Hill Queens Park Rangers 2
        9 Nedum Onuoha Queens Park Rangers 2
        10 David Hoilett Queens Park Rangers 2

He scored 2 goals for us last season as well!!
        Don't talk sense with facts mate. You'll only upset the "experts" on here

Awful player.

Comment

• Hoilett gives you a hope before eventually doing nothing with the ball.

Mackie you just know nothings gonna happen.

The net result is the same massive sigh of frustration, just one takes slightly longer to come.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeems View Post
            Hoilett gives you a hope before eventually doing nothing with the ball.

Mackie you just know nothings gonna happen.

The net result is the same massive sigh of frustration, just one takes slightly longer to come.
            That's actually a pretty accurate summation

The only thing I'll say in Hoilett's defence is that his game definitely improved under Warnock and JFH.

Comment

• I always got the impression Hoilet tried to compete with Adel when he arrived and always overdid it then lost out , needs to keep his game within his limitations then he may be useful

Comment

• One thing I want to add is Shodipo has a better cross amd general end product than both Hoilett and Mackie and I think is a better player.

Comment

• Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
                  One thing I want to add is Shodipo has a better cross amd general end product than both Hoilett and Mackie and I think is a better player.

Comment

• Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                    I always got the impression Hoilet tried to compete with Adel when he arrived and always overdid it then lost out , needs to keep his game within his limitations then he may be useful
                    I've said it a few times, I think we utilised Hoilett incorrectly. We know he doesn't have a fantastic cross and we also know he struggles to go past a man, yet we consistently play him in midfield.

If you look back to his early career with Blackburn, he did most of his damage playing up top, off a front man. If he came back then personally I'd play him off Polter or Idrissa Sylla. If he's playing right up top his pace will actually cause problems, as opposed to having him pick up the ball from deep and inevitably give possession away.

Comment

• It baffles me why people are wanting Hoilett to return.

Did nothing for us apart from the last few months of his contract (to try and get a premiership club to come in for him). That is exactly what happened. People may think he improved under JFH which I truly wish was the case but as you can see, he hasn't signed a new contract with us.

As far as comparing Mackie and Hoilett...not really sure what comparison needs to be made. One is desperate to play for the club (which so many on here have moaned about players not doing) and the other has trotted along happily taking wages he didn't deserve.
                      My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

• Originally posted by Cjskinz View Post
                        It baffles me why people are wanting Hoilett to return.

Did nothing for us apart from the last few months of his contract (to try and get a premiership club to come in for him). That is exactly what happened. People may think he improved under JFH which I truly wish was the case but as you can see, he hasn't signed a new contract with us.

As far as comparing Mackie and Hoilett...not really sure what comparison needs to be made. One is desperate to play for the club (which so many on here have moaned about players not doing) and the other has trotted along happily taking wages he didn't deserve.
                        Not his fault he was given a monster salary is it? Let's face it, nobody is going to say no, or give money back if their employer decides to pay them more than they are worth.

Also, I don't think anyone on this thread would be suggesting that Hoilett earns anything like what he did before. All those that have said they are behind the singing have also stipulated "if he is willing to take Championship wages" from what I can see.

Comment

• But what I'm saying is during his previous time with us, do you think he even deserved half of what he was earning? Admit club at fault for giving such stupid wages - as they were with many players

So seeing the amount of effort and end product Hoilett put in whilst on massive wages, what do we expect the return to be when he's on a lot less?
                          My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

• Its not hoiletts fault that the club paid him soo much, but its hoiletts fault for the poor effort that was put in over mainly the whole period, the last few months proved that,and even then he was bang average, baffled as to why anyone would want him back!
                            http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• Originally posted by Cjskinz View Post
                              But what I'm saying is during his previous time with us, do you think he even deserved half of what he was earning? Admit club at fault for giving such stupid wages - as they were with many players

So seeing the amount of effort and end product Hoilett put in whilst on massive wages, what do we expect the return to be when he's on a lot less?
                              The manager rates him and thinks he can get something out of him that Ramsey, Hughes & Redknapp couldn't. On a free transfer and on Championship wages, I really don't see the problem myself!

Comment

• If we hadn't offered him such a good contract to start with then he may not have come, but on the other hand, it would possibly have made him more determined to work hard and put in performances that would have earned him a pay rise.

Personally I have always advocated paying a lower wage plus performance bonuses. Nobody can complain about their high salaries then if they are earning them.

Unfortunately, footballers today want those bonuses without being required to provide the performance.

Comment

Working...
                                X