X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could be good if he realised his limitations and didn't keep overdoing it

Comment

• Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
      He was only ever decent for us when he was running down his contract. For the rest of the time he was at rangers he was a waste of a wage and generally #### poor. That's the worst kind of player for me, one who only turns it on when he has to ie putting himself in the shop window, and let's have it right even when he did play well he still wasn't that good. Glad we're shot of the wrongun

Awful player who drained the club! No end product what so ever!

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
        Depends what you're referring to nas. We play in the championship and at that level he is good. If you're referring to premier league players then yes he does become average and comes up short
        Championship level he was fairly average to be honest... again, at low wages, I'd keep him if only for depth. Good half season, when you really think about it, that doesn't make for a good footballer, just makes for a smart agent.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
          He was only ever decent for us when he was running down his contract.
          I'd like to think our manager had something to do with his much improved performances.

Comment

• QPR still want Hoilett to return

Manager Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink hoped the Canadian winger would sign a new deal when his contract expired during the summer. Hoilett, 26, made it clear straight after the end of last season that he was keen to leave and had no intention of re-signing.

But with Hoilett still without a club after being unable to secure the top-flight move he wanted, director of football Les Ferdinand has revealed that Rangers are still looking to tempt him back.

Full LF interview: http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/q...return-110374?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
              For the pure purpose of squad depth and to see him return with his tail between his legs, I'd want him back. Nothing quite as embarrassing as thinking you're better than you are and getting proved wrong.
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• He played for Canada last night. I saw 10 minutes of the match - he got an assist in that time.
                Last edited by tomfiend; 08-09-2016, 12:25 AM.

Comment

• Can't understand why people wouldn't want him back, definitely better than gladwin and el khayati imo and we havent seen enough of our other wingers to say that they would keep him out of the side. So he wanted to get a move to the prem? so what, who doesnt? if he came back and showed he's willing to knuckle down then its a no brainer for me. Wouldn't be on silly money either cos we wouldn't offer it to him.

Comment

• Because when SWP left we had a couple of training shirts, a bib and a pair of boots left. Rather than waste Toilett is the only person who they will fit.

Comment

• Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
                      Because when SWP left we had a couple of training shirts, a bib and a pair of boots left. Rather than waste Toilett is the only person who they will fit.
                      Didn't know you were in a band, how did the world tour go last year?
                      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

• Originally posted by tomfiend View Post
                        He played for Canada last night. I saw 10 minutes of the match - he got a assist in that time.
                        Yes, I watched the entire match, he was very good, the assist reminded me of his deflected cross for the winner at Wembley, he was being brought down and before he hit the deck he was able to poke the ball through to set up a goal!
                        @gatorTFC

Comment

• Originally posted by gator View Post
                          Yes, I watched the entire match, he was very good, the assist reminded me of his deflected cross for the winner at Wembley, he was being brought down and before he hit the deck he was able to poke the ball through to set up a goal!

"Deflected cross" ? That would be the woeful pass to Keough who thankfully made a hash of his clearance !
                          I'll accept he did well to get to the ball on the touchline, but his 'cross' was no better than 90% of his attempts during his time with us.

Potentially, he is better than Gladwin & Elk and IF he accepted a 1 year contract on £10k a week, maybe. Can't see him doing so though.

Comment

• Originally posted by QPR1976 View Post
                            "Deflected cross" ? That would be the woeful pass to Keough who thankfully made a hash of his clearance !
                            I'll accept he did well to get to the ball on the touchline, but his 'cross' was no better than 90% of his attempts during his time with us.

Potentially, he is better than Gladwin & Elk and IF he accepted a 1 year contract on £10k a week, maybe. Can't see him doing so though.
                            I was being generous to my fellow Canuck!
                            @gatorTFC

Comment

• So he tells us he doesn't want to be here despite making how many millions for approx 3-4 months of decent form, hangs it out all summer waiting for some other mugs to take him on to no avail, and we are trying to 'tempt' him back?

We must be idiots. Don't want him anywhere near QPR. We are building a young hungry squad who want to play for the club. This little weasel doesn't come into that equation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                                So he tells us he doesn't want to be here despite making how many millions for approx 3-4 months of decent form, hangs it out all summer waiting for some other mugs to take him on to no avail, and we are trying to 'tempt' him back?

We must be idiots. Don't want him anywhere near QPR. We are building a young hungry squad who want to play for the club. This little weasel doesn't come into that equation.
                                Pretty much hit the nail on the head there mate. Stay away from the little s.crotum

Comment

Working...
                                X