X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QPR priced out of Rhodes

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport...ckburn-6535342

It's shame,but maybe that french kid can do the job,if he joins

Some of the stupid money we have spent, 8 or 9 million doesnt sound a lot for a prolific striker who with charlie, will be perfect for the prem and not need to spend again. We got the money back for samba and have got a massive draw coming for remy, please tony, just once more mate. Then harry will only need a couple of players when we go up.

Comment

Originally posted by ArticHoop View Post
      http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport...ckburn-6535342

It's shame,but maybe that french kid can do the job,if he joins
      And so the dance begins!

Comment

Ceasers wages will cover rhodes as well, hes off this month. We need to buy this bloke and that money aint to ridiculous.

Comment

Wouldn't read anything into this - They've obviously enquired about him otherwise how would they know how much they want for him?

In wheeler dealer language this means... Watch this space

Comment

Or maybe Harry is just bluffing. He's not doing business for the first time

Comment

That could well be harry playing the game . Put it out there publically and see what reaction it gets . Very odd for him to be talking about the money side of it when he's said loads of times in the past that tony and Phil deal with it .
              Last edited by Greg1882; 22-01-2014, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                Ceasers wages will cover rhodes as well, hes off this month. We need to buy this bloke and that money aint to ridiculous.
                It shows how far our expectations have changed in the last few years, when 8 or 9million for a player in the Championship doesn't sound utterly ludicrous.

Comment

Originally posted by DeepcutHoop View Post
                  It shows how far our expectations have changed in the last few years, when 8 or 9million for a player in the Championship doesn't sound utterly ludicrous.
                  I know deeps I was thinking yesterday when I saw someone suggesting a cheeky 4million bid for tom ince . Wasn't long ago we were living off of bucket donations . We forget how lucky we are sometimes. I'm of the belief that you have to experience the dark times to really appreciate the good. Expectations have risen to a whole new level, we've been spoilt in that sense

Comment

Originally posted by DeepcutHoop View Post
                    Im thinking more for next season, where 8 or 9 mill is the norm for a striker. Cos we would deffo be there if we signed him now.

Comment

I felt in the summer we should have used Jay Bothroyd and DJ plus cash for this lad, rather than just giving DJ to him to them on a free. We can't expect Blackburn to drop the price for a guy that has delivered, we either have to pay up or shut up!
                      Kept the faith!

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                        Im thinking more for next season, where 8 or 9 mill is the norm for a striker. Cos we would deffo be there if we signed him now.
                        I do agree Kev , tom ince and Jordan Rhodes and were as good as up . The board will argue though that the squad has already been given enough quality and enough money has been thrown at it . The squad as it is should be enough , we all know we need a striker but it's not the fans we need to convinve. Hr needs to charm a few more quid out of uncle tony and personally I think he will get it . Maybe not that much but he will get backing

Comment

Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
                          I do agree Kev , tom ince and Jordan Rhodes and were as good as up . The board will argue though that the squad has already been given enough quality and enough money has been thrown at it . The squad as it is should be enough , we all know we need a striker but it's not the fans we need to convinve. Hr needs to charm a few more quid out of uncle tony and personally I think he will get it . Maybe not that much but he will get backing
                          At least four of that midfield are on 12 mnth contracts.
                          Kept the faith!

Comment

Once "Salad" and one other (prob SWP) is off the books Harry will go. Shopping
                            oldhoop

The Bread Mans Blue and White Army

Comment

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
                              At least four of that midfield are on 12 mnth contracts.
                              Isn't bobby out at the end of the season too ? Thank Christ . We've made some mistakes but were still trying to right ourselves now and were still on for automatic promotion . Think we've done brilliantly all things considering

Comment

Working...
                              X