No announcement yet.

QPR priced out of Rhodes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remy is better than Rhodes, no doubt about it. Going by that I cant see us stumping up 8-9mill upfront for this guy.... Maybe at 5mill plus add-ons a deal could be brokered, but wether BBurn would accept that is another thing...

Not sure I'm comfortable spending big money on a player unproven at top level.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
      How do you know Blackburn paid 8 mill upfront? Wasn't he brought when the venkys were in charge. They probably done a similar deal with them. A lot of deals you see complete say what the agreed fee is but don't usually state payment plans.
      Seems that there were add-ons dependent on promotion etc. so wouldn't be that bad deal then, but I still would believe them to ask for more than they were engaged to pay.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
        "Doesn't sound a lot". Funny how you don't allow even the slightest criticism of Harry but seem quite happy to implicitly criticise the chairman of a championship club for not spending £9m on one player - probably about what Burnley's entire team cost combined. Think I've heard it all now...
        Samba was 12mill and hes a useless lump of shite. 8 million for a young striker is peanuts these days, and im pleading that tony spends the samba recoup and remy incoming money, not criticizing him. . So sorry, case dismissed.

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzer1977 View Post
          You stump up the 8 or 9 million for him then

Seriously, the club has to balance the books. I'd much rather take Remy back next season that spend more on this unproven player in the Premiership. No brainer if you look at the bigger picture.
          No brainer agreed, but mr remy will not want to play for a tiny club like us after he has played in front of fifty thousand every week and scored loads. Remy aint ever coming back, and rhodes is totally worth two thirds a samba.

Comment

I would offer Blackburn £6million now.
            £2million payment upon promotion with a further £2 million payable if we stayed up next season.

Comment

id make them an offer they couldnt refuse.....or zamoras head on venkys pillow!
              you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                Samba was 12mill and hes a useless lump of shite. 8 million for a young striker is peanuts these days, and im pleading that tony spends the samba recoup and remy incoming money, not criticizing him. . So sorry, case dismissed.
                I don't wish to be harsh (genuinely) but quite the reverse. Samba was an established Premier League player who pretty well everyone on here agreed was a beast and who Wenger had tried to sign who had then been sold for £12m. At the time we were also a Prem Club desperate to stay in the Prem and were chucking crazy money around for a club our size. How many Championship clubs spend 8/9m - the Blackburn manager clearly wants more - on a striker who has never played in the top flight? There is no incoming Remy money because he hasn't been sold. As for the "recoup" you must be living in an alternative fantasy universe - the club is running at a massive loss with expenditure massively dwarfing income. Maybe if the transfer fee is such peanuts, you should contribute towards it. We are second in the league -as you are fond of saying - with by far the most expensive squad in the division: you demand loyalty for the manager, maybe you should show some to the chairman who has bankrolled just about his every whim until now: why should Tony chuck a fortune more of his hard-earned into the club unless Harry can first raise some money through sales? Probably the reason why Tony has made a few bob is because he is a little bit sharper than one or two fans when it comes to economics...

Comment

He paid out 12 million and got it back. Best bit of business in the history of football. If he hadnt got sold back to them, he would still be here now. So i see that as 12 million luckily got back, and we are going to have to spend that again next season, so just splash it out now, a few months earlier.

Oh and have you never borrowed a tenner before pay day?
                  Or spent money abondonly when you knew you were getting some more coming in?
                  Remy is gone and for good money and that is a fact.
                  Last edited by Kevin Mcleod; 23-01-2014, 12:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                    I don't wish to be harsh (genuinely) but quite the reverse. Samba was an established Premier League player who pretty well everyone on here agreed was a beast and who Wenger had tried to sign who had then been sold for £12m. At the time we were also a Prem Club desperate to stay in the Prem and were chucking crazy money around for a club our size. How many Championship clubs spend 8/9m - the Blackburn manager clearly wants more - on a striker who has never played in the top flight? There is no incoming Remy money because he hasn't been sold. As for the "recoup" you must be living in an alternative fantasy universe - the club is running at a massive loss with expenditure massively dwarfing income. Maybe if the transfer fee is such peanuts, you should contribute towards it. We are second in the league -as you are fond of saying - with by far the most expensive squad in the division: you demand loyalty for the manager, maybe you should show some to the chairman who has bankrolled just about his every whim until now: why should Tony chuck a fortune more of his hard-earned into the club unless Harry can first raise some money through sales? Probably the reason why Tony has made a few bob is because he is a little bit sharper than one or two fans when it comes to economics...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                      He paid out 12 million and got it back. Best bit of business in the history of football. If he hadnt got sold back to them, he would still be here now. So i see that as 12 million luckily got back, and we are going to have to spend that again next season, so just splash it out now, a few months earlier.

Remy is gone and for good money FACT. you are just being argumentative cos you are on a bit of a downer on rangers at the moment, for what reason i know not.
                      Even if we paid £10million for Rhodes the sale of Remy now will cover it, plus have money over as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post

Remy is gone and for good money FACT. you are just being argumentative cos you are on a bit of a downer on rangers at the moment, for what reason i know not.
                        I like Rhodes and he is goals at this level, but 10mill or so is crazy money for someone who hasn't played at the top level, we can't keep throwing away money and Rhodes coming in does not 'guarentee' promotion.

5mill and add ons.

Comment

• Originally posted by HoopDoggyDogg View Post
                          Even if we paid £10million for Rhodes the sale of Remy now will cover it, plus have money over as well.
                          u rate Rhodes the same as Remy? One is proven at the top level the other hasn't even played there.

Comment

• Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                            I like Rhodes and he is goals at this level, but 10mill or so is crazy money for someone who hasn't played at the top level, we can't keep throwing away money and Rhodes coming in does not 'guarentee' promotion.

5mill and add ons.
                            What do you think will happen then if he comes in? The defence instantly becomes ****. Charlies goals have got us 18 points, and Rhodes has scored a handfull more than him this season already. It garuntess promotion, because we are second with just charlie, a man who scores more than him will get us even more points and would probably even push us first.

Comment

u rate Rhodes the same as Remy? One is proven at the top level the other hasn't even played there.
                              How many goals had remy scored in the prem when we played 8 million for him? Was he premiership proven then?

Comment

Not saying that, what I am saying is Remy will be off and what we would outlay for Rhodes we would get back in Remy sale plus extra.
                                I know Rhodes isn't proven at Prem Level but he knows how to finish.
                                Goalscorers don't come cheap these days, especially young ones.

Comment

Working...
                                X