QPR priced out of Rhodes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oldhoop View Post
    Once "Salad" and one other (prob SWP) is off the books Harry will go. Shopping
    Ok, I have bitten, who is salad?
    Kept the faith!

Comment

Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
      Isn't bobby out at the end of the season too ? Thank Christ . We've made some mistakes but were still trying to right ourselves now and were still on for automatic promotion . Think we've done brilliantly all things considering
      That was just the midfield, add AJ, BZ Dunne, Hill to that list, that's eight that I know of.
      Kept the faith!

Comment

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
        Ok, I have bitten, who is salad?
        Ceaser of course!!!! Easy to forget the (supposed) best keeper in the world!
        oldhoop

The Bread Mans Blue and White Army

Comment

The trouble is we always buy at the wrong time. I think you could had bought him for £1.5m a few years ago from Huddersfield. £8m is just sickening and too much for a club our size.

Like I said we always buy at the wrong time and should had gone for Wells whom was another bargain we missed out on and better value for money.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
            I know deeps I was thinking yesterday when I saw someone suggesting a cheeky 4million bid for tom ince . Wasn't long ago we were living off of bucket donations . We forget how lucky we are sometimes. I'm of the belief that you have to experience the dark times to really appreciate the good. Expectations have risen to a whole new level, we've been spoilt in that sense

The thing is, I don't think we should be thinking of spending money like that in our position.

Comment

Originally posted by ollyhoops View Post
              The trouble is we always buy at the wrong time. I think you could had bought him for £1.5m a few years ago from Huddersfield. £8m is just sickening and too much for a club our size.

Like I said we always buy at the wrong time and should had gone for Wells whom was another bargain we missed out on and better value for money.

It is a lot of money that's for sure but when you write it off against the money coming in for promotion it's not. We buy Rhodes and someone like ince(4 million or therabouts) get rid of salad to free up some wages and we are up . That's how I see it anyway , the problem is we've spent so much on absolute **** in the past that spending 12 million again now seems like madness but those two signings would be investments and able to hack it in the prem

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                Im thinking more for next season, where 8 or 9 mill is the norm for a striker. Cos we would deffo be there if we signed him now.
                If indeed it would guarantee promotion it might be justifiable, but it wouldn't guarantee it. Football and our luck in particular doesn't work like that sadly.

Comment

Originally posted by DeepcutHoop View Post
                  The thing is, I don't think we should be thinking of spending money like that in our position.
                  We need some more quality NOW
                  oldhoop

The Bread Mans Blue and White Army

Comment

If indeed it would guarantee promotion it might be justifiable, but it wouldn't guarantee it. Football and our luck in particular doesn't work like that sadly.
                    We are second with only one person scoring our goals, get a man whos got 16 already, more than the man who has made us second and we are deffo up. Its a cert, thats mathematics.

Comment

We need some more quality NOW
                      Maybe, but do we need to spend that much? That kind of money terrifies me for a club like ours, already spending way beyond our size.

Comment

Maybe, but do we need to spend that much? That kind of money terrifies me for a club like ours, already spending way beyond our size.
                        We will have to spend that next season if we do go up, cos we will go straight back down with just charlie upront, thats another dead cert. Lets get him now so we are ready and the player has time to get settled.

Comment

We may not have to spend that much next year if we go up - depends on Remy I guess. But if we keep him he fits the bill and if we sell him he generates pound notes so I see that as a win win. I think buying Rhodes would be a huge step towards promotion as he will score goals and take some pressure off Austin. Not buying him (or someone similar) would certainly be disastrous if (and ok it's a big if) Charlie picked up a mid to long term injury
                          #standuptocancer
                          #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Ceaser of course!!!! Easy to forget the (supposed) best keeper in the world!
                            Of course, silly me.
                            Kept the faith!

Comment

We have to remember we've spent over £10m already this season on players, which is a massive amount for a Championship club. We're extremely lucky to have Phillips and Austin; most PL teams would be jealous!

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                                We may not have to spend that much next year if we go up - depends on Remy I guess. But if we keep him he fits the bill and if we sell him he generates pound notes so I see that as a win win. I think buying Rhodes would be a huge step towards promotion as he will score goals and take some pressure off Austin. Not buying him (or someone similar) would certainly be disastrous if (and ok it's a big if) Charlie picked up a mid to long term injury
                                If remy ever comes back and kicks a football in the hoops i will streak the whole pitch the following home game with a carrot up me arris and **** written on me back in black marker pen. .
                                Seriously think we need to forget that shop, cos its sailed imho.

Comment

Working...
                                X