No announcement yet.

Ian Holloway - Odds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like its happening. He's not Jimmy. And Bircham makes it fun.... Happy to give it a go.

Comment

• Marc Bircham as well. ####ing hell surely we could have dug a better than this.

Comment

• Christ almighty.

Will be back to square one again this time next year.

#goingnowhere
        nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

• Loads of passion with those two but that doesn't mean it feeds through to non QPR fan players.

Holloway been very poor last few years. I'd be very surprised if QPR pushed ahead with this. Screams of trying to please the fans again rather than appointing the best man for the job.

Comment

• I agree it's not going to send a shiver down the spine of championship sides but I'd be more than happy with Holloway and Bircham.

I think we have a decent squad of young players that with a bit of man management could progress and Ollie might just be the man to do that.

Holloways blue and white army

Comment

• I don't understand the negative opinions on Holloway. Nor the 'we're bigger and better now attitude'.

Here's a man who, at 53 has two promotions to the Premiership on his CV, a deep rooted love and affection for the club and more passion running through his veins then anyone out there.

We've all seen what the place is like on match days this season. We have fans fighting each other, an almost baron atmosphere at a lot of home games and there is very little harmony and rapport between the fans, the players and crucially, the manager. That chasm must be mended if we're either to progress or enjoy ourselves.

To me, it feels like it's been so long since I enjoyed myself as a QPR fan (even our recent promotion season only offered 3 minutes worth of entertainment) that any on-pitch progress towards it would be rare and valuable currency. The perfect way to 'fix' it would be to employ a young prodigy that out-thinks his contemporaries on a weekly basis. How likely is that? Given we have a clear and rightly unwavering manifest in terms of player recruitment, should we really expect to employ a manager that can magically compete with others that have the luxury of single season goals? It feels plausible but unlikely to me. What we'd surely be more likely to end up with is JFH mk2.

I think the jobs Gary Rowett has done at both Burton and Birmingham have been wonderful. He feels like the perfect mix of prodigal talent, experience and understanding. A perfect long-term manager to aspire to employing and quite rightly our 'first choice'. If he doesn't want to turn his back on his perfectly good situation to jump into the QPR furnace though... We need a back up plan.

Which brings me circling all the way back to my initial point. What possible better back up plan is there to Holloway? Is he necessarily likely to have us playing intricate football that continental press swarm over in doe-eyed lust? Unlikely. But there are more ways that our match days could get more entertaining. A decent place to start would be playing up-tempo, simple, expansive football at Loftus Road. Which is exactly the team we were under Holloway 12 years ago. We even have the wide men and the forwards to do it in-house. He'd demand honest, working class performances all over the pitch and I believe he'd get them.

He's not the glamorous, calm and polished manager that every football fan seems to crave. But stick him on a short term contract and let him motivate these players for the rest of the season and I have a sneaky suspicion that not many of us will want him out of the door next summer. More likely, we'd be grateful for finally getting a bit of worth for our money.

Is he the lobster and caviar that we have been built up to expect over the last 5 years? Good grief no... But when you've been suffering and afflicted, you're better off with a tin of soup and bottle of Lucozade.

Holloway's B&W Army
              Last edited by Padula's Shampoo; 10-11-2016, 08:13 AM.

Comment

• Spoke to timmys agent last night at a function and he said TF is going to appoint olly to keep the fans happy. Says the board appointed JFH not les and that les is as much a "flak jacket" for the board as he is DOF. He said that TF is a lovely fella but a shocker to have running your football club. He is also Luongo,s agent and said they were very frustrated under JFH and that mass would be better in Chery,s role and we,d be a better side if we did it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Padula's Shampoo View Post
                  I don't understand the negative opinions on Holloway. Nor the 'we're bigger and better now attitude'.

Here's a man who, at 53 has two promotions to the Premiership on his CV, a deep rooted love and affection for the club and more passion running through his veins then anyone out there.

We've all seen what the place is like on match days this season. We have fans fighting each other, an almost baron atmosphere at a lot of home games and there is very little harmony and rapport between the fans, the players and crucially, the manager. That chasm must be mended if we're either to progress or enjoy ourselves.

To me, it feels like it's been so long since I enjoyed myself as a QPR fan (even our recent promotion season only offered 3 minutes worth of entertainment) that any on-pitch progress towards it would be rare and valuable currency. The perfect way to 'fix' it would be to employ a young prodigy that out-thinks his contemporaries on a weekly basis. How likely is that? Given we have a clear and rightly unwavering manifest in terms of player recruitment, should we really expect to employ a manager that can magically compete with others that have the luxury of single season goals? It feels plausible but unlikely to me. What we'd surely be more likely to end up with is JFH mk2.

I think the jobs Gary Rowett has done at both Burton and Birmingham have been wonderful. He feels like the perfect mix of prodigal talent, experience and understanding. A perfect long-term manager to aspire to employing and quite rightly our 'first choice'. If he doesn't want to turn his back on his perfectly good situation to jump into the QPR furnace though... We need a back up plan.

Which brings me circling all the way back to my initial point. What possible better back up plan is there to Holloway? Is he necessarily likely to have us playing intricate football that continental press swarm over in doe-eyed lust? Unlikely. But there are more ways that our match days could get more entertaining. A decent place to start would be playing up-tempo, simple, expansive football at Loftus Road. Which is exactly the team we were under Holloway 12 years ago. We even have the wide men and the forwards to do it in-house. He'd demand honest, working class performances all over the pitch and I believe he'd get them.

He's not the glamorous, calm and polished manager that every football fan seems to crave. But stick him on a short term contract and let him motivate these players for the rest of the season and I have a sneaky suspicion that not many of us will want him out of the door next summer. More likely, we'd be grateful for finally getting a bit of worth for our money.

Is he the lobster and caviar that we have been built up to expect over the last 5 years? Good grief no... But when you've been suffering and afflicted, you're better off with a tin of soup and bottle of Lucozade.

Holloway's B&W Army
                  Well put my softhaired friend.
                  https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

• Originally posted by 1cliveallen View Post
                    Spoke to timmys agent last night at a function and he said TF is going to appoint olly to keep the fans happy. Says the board appointed JFH not les and that les is as much a "flak jacket" for the board as he is DOF. He said that TF is a lovely fella but a shocker to have running your football club. He is also Luongo,s agent and said they were very frustrated under JFH and that mass would be better in Chery,s role and we,d be a better side if we did it.
                    About 10% of fans will be satisfied with Holloway coming back,the rest of us won't, would somebody tell TF quickly before he makes "another" huge mistake,the ####ing idiot.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1cliveallen View Post
                      Spoke to timmys agent last night at a function and he said TF is going to appoint olly to keep the fans happy. Says the board appointed JFH not les and that les is as much a "flak jacket" for the board as he is DOF. He said that TF is a lovely fella but a shocker to have running your football club. He is also Luongo,s agent and said they were very frustrated under JFH and that mass would be better in Chery,s role and we,d be a better side if we did it.
                      Interesting read Clive
                      I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

• Originally posted by Padula's Shampoo View Post
                        I don't understand the negative opinions on Holloway. Nor the 'we're bigger and better now attitude'.

Holloway's B&W Army
                        That really is a well put romantic read and the appointment of Ollie is perfect for fans with that mind set.

But.....the reality is he left Palace in tears under a cloud and was a totally broken man, then he was so bad at managing Millwall their fans despised him and since then nobody in any division in the football league (except us) has even thought of him a for a job.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foot...d-8901371.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...lesbrough.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                          Christ almighty.

Will be back to square one again this time next year.

#goingnowhere
                          I don't very often agree with you hits but

#100%dothistime

Comment

• Nooooooooo ..... Please not Holloway

Backward step ,,Yes Holloway does have promotions on his CV but also relegations .. Ask Millwall fans..

His time has come and gone for us .. Let's look to the future not the past..

We need to get out of this 'fans favourite' mentality ...

I couldnt give a toss whether he has blue and white,red and white or green blood...

I just want the right manager to take us forwards not back..

Mentioned in other posts is Marco Silva (currently unemployed) who would fit the bill IMO

If TF does appoint IH, i will seriously question his fitness to run our club..
                            Last edited by skranger; 10-11-2016, 09:48 AM.

Comment

• We will get what we fully deserve if we appointment Holloway ,relegation. ....does TF not know anything about football,really !!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                                That really is a well put romantic read and the appointment of Ollie is perfect for fans with that mind set.

But.....the reality is he left Palace in tears under a cloud and was a totally broken man, then he was so bad at managing Millwall their fans despised him and since then nobody in any division in the football league (except us) has even thought of him a for a job.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foot...d-8901371.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...lesbrough.html
                                Very sensible post,spot on

Comment

Working...
                                X