January Transfer Rumours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January Transfer Rumours

I'm going with Clark-Harris and another forward from the Scandinavian leagues.

Kelman and possible Armstrong going out on loan.

If we need cash then either Chair or Field to be sold. Leeds offered £6m for Chair in the summer and Southampton wanted Field last Jan for £3m.

Hopefully we can loan some Scandinavian players too as its their off season in a week.

Would sell Chair in a heartbeat.

Would not loan out Sinclair or sell Dykes unless we're on for 2m+

Hoping Marti has some gems from his time in Scandanavia or Spain, we need instant impact, we build in the summer.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

If we need cash then either Chair or Field to be sold. Leeds offered £6m for Chair in the summer and Southampton wanted Field last Jan for £3m.

Hopefully we can loan some Scandinavian players too as its their off season in a week.
      I am afraid we can rule out Scandinavian loans. It is impossible. Zero Scandinavians go on loan outside of Scandinavia. The reason is the rules, stating that loans at our level need to run from one transfer window until the end of the footballing season. The Scandinavian seasons isn't coordinated with rest of Europe due to climate, and run from March to November. Hence, if a Scandinavian go on loan to QPR in January and return in early May he will not be able to play again for his Scandinavian club until the next season, starting 10 months after his return. So effectively the player will sit out a full season upon returning, which isn't attractive to anyone.

It would be great if all Scandinavian players that are good enough could play for other clubs in Europe from November to February, but sadly this is impossible. If it was, European football would be flooded with short term loans for Scandinavians.

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post

I am afraid we can rule out Scandinavian loans. It is impossible. Zero Scandinavians go on loan outside of Scandinavia. The reason is the rules, stating that loans at our level need to run from one transfer window until the end of the footballing season. The Scandinavian seasons isn't coordinated with rest of Europe due to climate, and run from March to November. Hence, if a Scandinavian go on loan to QPR in January and return in early May he will not be able to play again for his Scandinavian club until the next season, starting 10 months after his return. So effectively the player will sit out a full season upon returning, which isn't attractive to anyone.

It would be great if all Scandinavian players that are good enough could play for other clubs in Europe from November to February, but sadly this is impossible. If it was, European football would be flooded with short term loans for Scandinavians.
        Thanks for the update Olso, I never knew that.

It does make sense though as you'd end up with 12 month playing without rest. Which would lead to injuries.

But we could buy these players as your off-season aligns with our Jan window?

Comment

Found this on NewsNow: CJ Hamilton

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/sh...r-the-verdict/

Comment

Id flog Chair I think he slows our play down too often and his crossings sh it

JCH at Pboro not that mobile but a better finisher than Dykes, The lad Poku they have can play as can Ephron Mason Clarke both better than we have out wide but we can't afford them

SA needs to go on loan L1 find goals he's not good enough at this level imo

We need incoming early jan late jan we could be too far adrift by then

Comment

Couldn’t go to the game yesterday so went to see Aldershot play Halifax

Aldershot play a Fluid brand of football with a mobile interchangeable front 3

One player stood out a Swiss player called Tolaj - only 22- was on Brightons books.

interesting socks down style in the mould of Johnny Byrne / Paul Merson/ Jared Bowen.

worth a look I would say

Comment

If this was the case and it was a serious offer we were made not to take it, most overrated player in the Championship

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post

If this was the case and it was a serious offer we were made not to take it, most overrated player in the Championship
                  It was made hours before the close of the summer window and we turned it down because we didnt have enough time to get a replacement in. But the offer did meet our valuation!!

Comment

Sam Field contract ends next Summer.

Don't see much happening in January.

Comment

I am just hoping that with the behind the scenes stuff there will be a little bit of money even if just a loan or two. I suspect a lot of players will be available for loan in January, youngsters with Premiership clubs who haven't broken into first team and those more experienced they want to get rid of and put in shop window. If by hook or crook we can get a half decent Championship standard striker that would make a huge difference as if you add goals to this side we are in my view good enough for middle of the table barring disastrous injury crisis. Mid table form would give us a real chance of staying up, that is basically what Huddersfield did under Warnock last year to get out of trouble. Won 9 and lost 9 under him after awful start to season.

Comment

It was made hours before the close of the summer window and we turned it down because we didnt have enough time to get a replacement in. But the offer did meet our valuation!!
                        Never happened.

Made up by a journo.

Comment

Originally posted by rodman View Post

Never happened.

Made up by a journo.
                          Really, it was widely reported though....even at the Leeds end. I thought Darren Witcoop was widely respected as a footie journo???

https://www.google.com/amp/s/motleed...pproach/%3famp
                          Last edited by SheepRanger; 27-11-2023, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Really, it was widely reported though....even at the Leeds end. I thought Darren Witcoop was widely respected as a footie journo???

https://www.google.com/amp/s/motleed...pproach/%3famp
                            Says could? doesn't say anywhere that a bid was made for Chair

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post

Says could? doesn't say anywhere that a bid was made for Chair
                              Yes, could be an approach in Jan.....but the question was whether a bid was made during the summer window. This article suggests there was a very late bid which we rejected. Rodman thought that approch was made up journo nonsense.

Comment

Working...
                              X