No announcement yet.

Jan 23 Incomings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prolific strikers are not easy to sign this window , that`s why Barnes is a player fit for purpose in my opinion.
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

Comment

• Originally posted by Kingaustin View Post

I will have what you’re having please …
      3/4 years ago yes . Now not in a million years .
      it’s also easy to sit and watch a player and say you can do more than dykes . Maybe give Les a email and get a trial if you can do better .
      and how you ask how I know barnes wouldn’t fit in our criteria … because all I’ve heard the last 5 years from the club is … we buy young hungry cheap players and sell for a profit . So I’m not taking a stab in the dark here it’s facts from the club .
      are you actually that single minded to think his the only player we can attract.
      our recruitment is shocking
      I will agree with you about our recruitment being poor but we are shopping in the bargain basement and Barnes will probably do a job for us with our set up.
      I would love to know why we could'nt get Archer and he went to Boro instead , or why we are'nt busting a gut to get Undav from Brighton , maybe they won't let him go or someone else will get him. For what seems available Barnes would probably do a decent job , certainly better than Hugill , with our spending we are'nt going to pay decent money and sign anyone for 5 million .

Comment

• Originally posted by Shania View Post
        Prolific strikers are not easy to sign this window , that`s why Barnes is a player fit for purpose in my opinion.
        And everyone is allowed there opinion which I respect ,
        I personally can’t see what he will do differently to dykes, unless dykes is off . But if dykes isn’t off then a strike force of dykes and barnes then we are in trouble
        hate to say it but Beale would of had a young premiership striker on loan by now (archer) or another gem not getting game time . Our manager dont have the pull for this .

prolific strikers are not easy to sign anytime …
        when was the last time we signed a prolific striker scoring 20 plus a season .. Austin we talking 8 years ago when we was in premiership. And we only signed him because he failed a medical at Burnley (his first name)
        and no other clubs would touch him . He done a great job for us regardless.

Comment

And everyone is allowed there opinion which I respect ,
          I personally can’t see what he will do differently to dykes, unless dykes is off . But if dykes isn’t off then a strike force of dykes and barnes then we are in trouble
          hate to say it but Beale would of had a young premiership striker on loan by now (archer) or another gem not getting game time . Our manager dont have the pull for this .

prolific strikers are not easy to sign anytime …
          when was the last time we signed a prolific striker scoring 20 plus a season .. Austin we talking 8 years ago when we was in premiership. And we only signed him because he failed a medical at Burnley (his first name)
          and no other clubs would touch him . He done a great job for us regardless.
          All other championship clubs have similar issues. Its not just us.

20 goal striker dont come around too often.

The first part of the season we were scoring for fun and our number nine wasn't scoring, everyone in the team was scoring even the goalkeeper.

I think after about nine games we had 13 different scorers.

its not just about the number nine.

Those days are generally past.

Barcelona in their pomp played without a striker.

A guaranteed 20 goal striker in the championship is going be at least £20 million.

Way out of our budget.

We have no money , we have to abide by FFP and we are one of the lowest for attendances in our league so the chances to make income is limited so its about unearthing a gem.

Or building a very strong squad.

All this why we not signed a number nine. Simplified claptrap !!

if that the answer, tell us who we could sign !!!!

And let Monsieur Les and Monsieur Neil know and pass it on to Mr Hoos...

Then job done.

Comment

• And don't say Cameron Archer.

I know he gone elsewhere but trust me , he won't do what you want him to do.

We signed Lowe on loan and hopefully that works. I can see that being much more appropriate than a 20 year old with zero game time experience

Comment

• Our main issue is FFP we've been done once done again they'll throw the book at us again, sadly i can only see us being a club that treads water for a fair while for survival in this league until we either drop to L1 or we develop enough talent by youth being good enough or we keep finding players like Eze to buy a couple of decent players. But Les and co must accept that players that they have purchased Bonne, Dozzell, Washington etc have left them with egg on their faces and been a complete balls up.

As for others stating all the big clubs in London snap up the talent, I live north of Pboro and they've snapped up Edwards who will probably go for 5m Taylor probably 2.5m sales for them Dwight Gayle sold for 6m All from Barnet and Dagenham respectively our scouting network is poor and has been for far too long.

Comment

• Originally posted by longtime_ranger View Post
                And don't say Cameron Archer.

I know he gone elsewhere but trust me , he won't do what you want him to do.

We signed Lowe on loan and hopefully that works. I can see that being much more appropriate than a 20 year old with zero game time experience
                You have changed the whole conversation.
                this isn’t about anything other than barnes is no different to dykes . NC has said we need goals .. (we all know this ) every team needs goals . We will not get goals with barnes . Why waste money on him when we already have the same type of player in dykes .
                now unless dykes is off and it’s a replacement then fair enough as they are same type of player (target man ) regardless of who’s better at it . They are both not going to get us double figures in goal probably between them . My point is there is a lot of young hungry premiership players who are sitting on the bench not playing who we could get in . They can’t be worst than dykes . We managed to get Lowe in ??
                why as QPR fans we have let our standards drop that bad that we are happy to be in talks with someone like barnes . He can’t run he can’t score . It was painful watching Austin at the end with us .

Comment

• I think Barnes would be a reasonable addition. As a seasond pro that can bring along our younger players. (My thoughts being that at times we seem unsure during matchesand need that "older head" on the pitch)

Comment

• I would have Barnes, keep Dykes, and Armstrong.

One of the problems with this side is that we are consistently trying to play too many `forwards`

It works when they are playing well, and the team is playing well as a unit, in that sense we do not need an outstanding striker. But despite the fact this very same squad managed to acheive this under MB, it's now mis-firing, we have to sort it and we can't if there is no solution. The solution is to have some dpeth and flexibility to setup differently before and during matches, with one striker we are limited.

Add to this, Dykes is crap as alone striker, he needs help and has consistently shown improvments when he gets it.

Armstrong may be too raw, and a season away may be the making of him, but he's needed now.

Barnes, or any expereinced striker, would be a great addition at the moment to add depth and bring these two on.

Comment

• Originally posted by topperharley View Post
                      I would have Barnes, keep Dykes, and Armstrong.

One of the problems with this side is that we are consistently trying to play too many `forwards`

It works when they are playing well, and the team is playing well as a unit, in that sense we do not need an outstanding striker. But despite the fact this very same squad managed to acheive this under MB, it's now mis-firing, we have to sort it and we can't if there is no solution. The solution is to have some dpeth and flexibility to setup differently before and during matches, with one striker we are limited.

Add to this, Dykes is crap as alone striker, he needs help and has consistently shown improvments when he gets it.

Armstrong may be too raw, and a season away may be the making of him, but he's needed now.

Barnes, or any expereinced striker, would be a great addition at the moment to add depth and bring these two on.
                      All fair points .
                      agree with parts .
                      however having Sinclair -barnes - dykes as our strikers at the club they will not score 10 between them from now till end of the season . We are not league 1 we still have a chance of the playoffs (unlikely )
                      does everyone on here think we are getting a prime barnes here that will make every thing ok ? This is just Austin mark 2 when he came back will score 1/2 Goals . Legs gone can’t run the channels etc .
                      I really hope we don’t sign him and have other irons in the fire like a proper club trying to get in the premiership. Not just settle for a 33 year old whose legs have gone .

Comment

• The incomings are always a problem for us, we never get the right fit, it seems, I'm more concerned about farming Armstrong out, Why? Let the lad develop at his parent club, give him more game time with us, doesn't have to be 90 mins twice a week, but give the boy a chance to grow,, in a place he is comfortable, with people around him he knows, his growth will accelerate, just as quickly with us, as with anyone else, surely?

Comment

• Originally posted by KevC59 View Post
                          The incomings are always a problem for us, we never get the right fit, it seems, I'm more concerned about farming Armstrong out, Why? Let the lad develop at his parent club, give him more game time with us, doesn't have to be 90 mins twice a week, but give the boy a chance to grow,, in a place he is comfortable, with people around him he knows, his growth will accelerate, just as quickly with us, as with anyone else, surely?
                          Bang on the money .
                          I look at Brighton's recruitment and they must have one of the best recruitment teams in the world . The players they sign and make massive profits on . Brentford also ..
                          Brentford didn’t all of a sudden come
                          into money they had a good recruitment team In place and did take years but they sold there best players for massive profit every summer and had ready made cheap replacements to step up .. look where they are with a good recruitment and a good management team.
                          We still stick to “the qpr recruitment model”
                          isn’t working and won’t work .

Comment

My point is there is a lot of young hungry premiership players who are sitting on the bench not playing who we could get in .
                            Suggest some of these then if there's a lot?

Comment

All fair points .
                              agree with parts .
                              however having Sinclair -barnes - dykes as our strikers at the club they will not score 10 between them from now till end of the season . We are not league 1 we still have a chance of the playoffs (unlikely )
                              does everyone on here think we are getting a prime barnes here that will make every thing ok ? This is just Austin mark 2 when he came back will score 1/2 Goals . Legs gone can’t run the channels etc .
                              I really hope we don’t sign him and have other irons in the fire like a proper club trying to get in the premiership. Not just settle for a 33 year old whose legs have gone .
                              While you're right that just sticking 3 strikers in the squad aand changing nothing will result in the same issues, my point is we need 3 strikers in the sqaud with the ability to adapt.

As we do not have a star upfront, we need to be able to play 2 strikers at certain times.

For me, i have seen enough to say that Artstrong can be that lone striker, but i guess not yet. So for now we have to play to cards we have and we are not functioning with 5 forwards as the options.

As much of an ####### he is, damn MB got this team playing well, if he'd signed Lowe, I'd have complete faith. But the way we are now I just don't see us doing enough in the final third without better target men options.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post

Suggest some of these then if there's a lot?
                                I’m not going to scroll thru data of each club in the premiership. There is 600 odd player’s registered in the premiership we have 20 teams and aloud 23 (something like this in a squad ) as you know we can only play with 11 players that’s a lot of players that don’t play . If we are in the loan market for a striker this is where we should be looking . We was linked with the Brighton striker (perfect what we can afford and need )
                                a player I would love is to get on loan from arsenal khayon Edwards his a striker .
                                If you seriously think barnes is perfect for us and “watch him go “ etc (your words ). I would maybe stop watching football and go into baking cup cakes with Jeff or something
                                I want to get to the premiership with my team I want us to sign good players who will get us there .
                                I’m not happy signing players like barnes and sitting midtable and have a little flirt with playoffs every other season then drop off .
                                we have been left behind by all the clubs around us because fans like you settle for these type of signings and settle for Les to still be sitting at the top and out chairmen not spending money hiding behind ffp

Comment

Working...
                                X