Player Incomings 22/23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by QPROslo View Post
    I have read the discussion about the offers for McNamara with interest. I think it mirrors the situation with Ryan Manning two years ago. He was widely known to be one of the best left backs in the Championship and was watched by West Ham and other Premier League clubs. Some fans thought he was worth at least £3m, if not £5m. I think all the media talk affected Manning and he refused to sign a contract extension. When the end of the transfer window came closer and there were no Premier League bids, nor any sign of Manning accepting a new deal, QPR simply gave in an sold to the highest bidder. This was £250k from Swansea. The fee reflected the fact he had only ten months left of his contract. The deal caused an outrage among some fans, but it is hard to see what else QPR could have done at the time. In hindsight QPR should have pushed hard for a contract extension the previous year, but once there was just a year left and he refused to prolong there was only one option, and that was to sell to the highest bidder. Few clubs want to have a player around that does not want to commit his future to the club.

I think the situation with McNamara might be similar. McNamara isn't keen to extend with Millwall, and Rowett has realised it. It is still more than a month left of the transfer window and Rowett wants to get the best possible deal. This is the reason he has gone public with the bid from QPR, criticising it for being too low. The aim is to get competing bids to get the best possible deal. If there were other bids, he would mention them, indicating that right now there is only one bidder and that is us. If Rowett desperately wanted to keep McNamara and had good hopes he would accept a new deal he would keep a low profile and certainly not leak our bids to the press.

The fact we have the highest bid now indicates that we haven't done anything wrong and the price we have offered isn't insulting. We might still improve our bid to come to a quick conclusion rather than to drag it on until transfer deadline day, which is many weeks into the season. But to criticise the club when our bid is higher than any other bids Millwall have received for a player that is likely not extending his contract is unfair.

My take is that we are going about our business in a smart way. I think we are a well run club and I trust the guys at the helm.
    Spot on

Comment

• Loan bid for Troy Parrott lodged

Comment

• Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
        Loan bid for Troy Parrott lodged
        I'd be surprised if we have done that. Hes not a target man. Not very tall. Not a lone striker. Was hoping we would have gone for archer from villa who is a more accustomed to playing that role and proved he can score at this level. Parrott only got 10 goals last season. He was on the bench a lot of the time. Hardly gives us the belief he can now start in the championship.

Comment

• Not sure about Parrot either. 18 games for Ipswich, two goals.

Comment

• Taylor Richards signs & welcome, seems a decent player

Comment

• Looks good signing. Sounds like option to purchase has been agreed.

Comment

• Welcome Home Young Man, glad to have you, very Happy for Us.

Comment

• Good luck to Taylor Richards. Another one who seems genuinely happy to be here! Players from the local area tend to care that bit more rather than lads who have no idea qpr are until they sign.

Comment

• In many ways I see similarities to Eze.

Comment

• He's one of our own ,he's one of our own ,Taylor Richard has come back home

Comment

• Welcome

Comment

• Beale just said he Hopes to have 2 more in before Blackburn

Comment

• Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                            Beale just said he Hopes to have 2 more in before Blackburn
                            Thing is, anyone we sign next week is unlikely to play a full 90mins until probably September - we certainly won't see them at Ewood.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                              Beale just said he Hopes to have 2 more in before Blackburn
                              The lad from Millwall at RB and loan for the young CF from Spurs?

Comment

• Originally posted by Abseits View Post

Thing is, anyone we sign next week is unlikely to play a full 90mins until probably September - we certainly won't see them at Ewood.
                                Why is that? We don`t sign injured players, do we?
                                QPR
                                Best team in the world
                                Sort of

Comment

Working...
                                X