Lyndon dykes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This from a Livingston messageboard :-
    Team news up on twitter at 15:15. If Dykes does go for £2 million, that’s enough to pay off the debt, buy Ross Stewart and still have money in the bank. I’ll be interested to see the “ambition” of the board. By the way I wish Lyndon Dykes all the best for the future, he has been a great player for us, always gave 100%. I will watch his career with interest and hope he succeeds down south, I believe he will, he has all the attributes and personality/character to succeed. I also hope he chooses to represent Scotland when international’s begin again. We could do with him in the squad, cheers Lyndon

Comment

If we are going for players who have done well in Scotland it would be shankland for me, seen him play several times, I think he could take the step up, havnt seen the Livingston player but if we get him he will get my support.

Comment

Originally posted by spogs View Post
        This from a Livingston messageboard :-
        Team news up on twitter at 15:15. If Dykes does go for £2 million, that’s enough to pay off the debt, buy Ross Stewart and still have money in the bank. I’ll be interested to see the “ambition” of the board. By the way I wish Lyndon Dykes all the best for the future, he has been a great player for us, always gave 100%. I will watch his career with interest and hope he succeeds down south, I believe he will, he has all the attributes and personality/character to succeed. I also hope he chooses to represent Scotland when international’s begin again. We could do with him in the squad, cheers Lyndon
        Let's buy Ross Stewart too!

Comment

Ludicrous! There must be hundreds of strikers of similar ability out there who are either out of contract or in their last year who would be free or cost peanuts - £2 million is too much, it equates to £13,000 a week over 3 years. I'd rather pay the money to players in wages than pay it to a tinpot Sweaty outfit as a fee.

Comment

Originally posted by loftbalcony View Post
            If we are going for players who have done well in Scotland it would be shankland for me, seen him play several times, I think he could take the step up, havnt seen the Livingston player but if we get him he will get my support.
            Must say i know very little about dykes but will support him 100% but agree for the same sort of money im sure we could of got shankland who's goal scoring record is like night and day compared to dykes

Comment

Bloody hell , can we not be happy with signing a striker of our own . Barnsley offered £1.8 million so fee about right . I would hope he’s been well scouted and is a great success. As for judging his scoring record he is playing for a poor Livingston team that hardly go all out attack against Rangers ,Celtic ,Aberdeen etc.Also wages would be reasonable considering he’s stepping up to this standard.

Comment

I just don’t get this signing what so ever - this lads goal scoring record is unremarkable in a league that is the equivalent to our league 2/ conference.

He averages roughly 1 in 4/5 games in Scotland, yet we think he’s worth 2m!!

This is a very strange signing and a massive risk from the club, especially as we are not cash rich and for us 2m
                is a significant signing.

I hope I am wrong and will obviously give the lad a chance but I can’t see any stat right now that indicated we are buying a natural goal scorer or someone who has shown any glimpses that he can step up to a much higher level.

Comment

Agree Scottish premier is not up to much, but 2nd/ conference is nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by furlong29 View Post

Must say i know very little about dykes but will support him 100% but agree for the same sort of money im sure we could of got shankland who's goal scoring record is like night and day compared to dykes
                    Except for the price for Shankland starts at £3m.

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post

Except for the price for Shankland starts at £3m.
                      Is this fact or opinion? I know was last season but prices being banded about were 1.5 million for shankland

Comment

We have to trust Sir Les and Warburton on this one. Do also remember that a very good striker came from Fleetwood....
                        QPR
                        Best team in the world
                        Sort of

Comment

Still think that £2m for him is a lot given the standard of football he is coming from, but hopefully he will prove me wrong.

Comment

You lot give the bloke a frigin chance until you see him play, also he hasn’t signed yet

Comment

I'm sure it would be a deal up to £2m which includes all the bells and whistles.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffqpr View Post
                                You lot give the bloke a frigin chance until you see him play, also he hasn’t signed yet
                                I'm not sure he will sign,if he reads some of the sites.

Comment

Working...
                                X