No announcement yet.

Lyndon dykes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He may be good, but is a gamble. I would rather pay £500k -1M for Macauley Bonne from Charlton who scored 11 goals in the Championship last season.

Also, perhaps Ruel Soteriou £500k from Leyton Orient, although he just signed a new 2 year deal with them. He could be one to develop.

Comment

Every signing is a gamble, lay off him

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
        He may be good, but is a gamble. I would rather pay £500k -1M for Macauley Bonne from Charlton who scored 11 goals in the Championship last season.

Also, perhaps Ruel Soteriou £500k from Leyton Orient, although he just signed a new 2 year deal with them. He could be one to develop.
        We'll need more than Dykes + Oteh so hopefully others will follow. I'm not even convinced whether Oteh will even be one of our striking options next season.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

We'll need more than Dykes + Oteh so hopefully others will follow. I'm not even convinced whether Oteh will even be one of our striking options next season.
          Dykes may be a good signing and of course is a much needed striker that will be owned by QPR which is great. I hope they also try and sign Bonne as well as another striker to add to the squad. Perhaps Oteh can be part of any deal because he is clearly not good enough for the Championship.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

Dykes may be a good signing and of course is a much needed striker that will be owned by QPR which is great. I hope they also try and sign Bonne as well as another striker to add to the squad. Perhaps Oteh can be part of any deal because he is clearly not good enough for the Championship.
            MW tends to play with one up front so we'll need two strikers and then go for the usual attacking midfielders and wingers.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffqpr View Post
              Every signing is a gamble, lay off him
              I am not saying he will not be a good signing, but for a club that has little money to spend , was thinking that Bonne, who has shown he can play at this level, would have been a cheaper option at half the price which would allow the extra funds to be used towards another striker,CB etc.

Comment

You lot give the bloke a frigin chance until you see him play, also he hasn’t signed yet
                It's not really about him, it's more about paying £2million for a player. It's very hard to believe there aren't players of equivalent talent/experience (or better) about for a fraction of that cost due to their current contractual status.

Comment

Open minded on this. Strikers super expensive and whilst a lot of money for us is peanuts in modern terms. We literally have no strikers (not counting Oteh) and urgently needed to get one on board. Realistically am hoping for a decent loan and preferably one other permanent striker signing.

Positive things being said about him. Ok, Scotland isn't Championship standard but we are bottom end Championship budget wise and need to be creative.

Couple of defenders and a winger or two, plus Amos, and that is about bare minimum done. I am assuming BOS and Eze will be gone before the window shuts. If Manning goes too another LB. Because we aren't big fishes at this level I suspect we are getting offers in but players biding their time hoping for better things. Am expecting a lot of our signings to be last minute.

Comment

Give the bloke a chance. There are so many negative fans on here. Every player whether proven or un proven can be a risk but wait till we see him play a couple of months then judge him. support your team and lets see how well we spend the eze money when he goes then judge the board . come on you rs

Comment

Originally posted by rangersmonkeyboy View Post
                      Give the bloke a chance. There are so many negative fans on here. Every player whether proven or un proven can be a risk but wait till we see him play a couple of months then judge him. support your team and lets see how well we spend the eze money when he goes then judge the board . come on you rs
                      Well said , it’s ridiculous really , fans saying we should have signed this player or should have signed that player . Stick to your own full time jobs and leave it to the professionals.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post

It's not really about him, it's more about paying £2million for a player. It's very hard to believe there aren't players of equivalent talent/experience (or better) about for a fraction of that cost due to their current contractual status.
                        He's a big lad and known for his physical presence, so seems similar to Matt Smith, who left us for regular football. I thought we'd moved to the shorter speedy players in recent times?

Perhaps seeing how well Matty did with Millwall has shown us that we should have kept that Plan B type of player.

It's good to see us trying to bring in different styles and I have a funny feeling he'll do okay, if he signs. All we need then is the smaller quicker player to play as a pair or singularly depending on tactics.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post

Agreed. It isn't about being negative about a potential new signing, but just pointing out that given how the club have often said there is little money to spend, that Bonne for example, is a proven striker at Championship level who would cost less than half the amount. Thus having more to spend on the rest of the squad i.e. every position needs a new signing apart from the wings.

However, when Dykes turns out to be in the Mitrovic category we will all be thrilled to bits.

Comment

You got something about Bonne eh?

Comment

You got something about Bonne eh?
                              Ok I’ll say it Like a bone on for Bonne .

Comment

Warburton: Dykes has huge potential

https://www.skysports.com/watch/vide...huge-potential

Comment

Working...
                                X