Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

20/21 QPR Transfer Page

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I don't see the finances of the prem clubs being decimated by empty stadiums. Yeah, it'll put a dent in their income but they will all still earn at least 100 million this season so there's no way they are in fire sale territory. On the other hand, EFL clubs will be seriously affected and lose a bigger proportion of their annual income so will not be able to afford either the fee or the wages of a decent incoming player.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Abseits View Post
      I don't see the finances of the prem clubs being decimated by empty stadiums. Yeah, it'll put a dent in their income but they will all still earn at least 100 million this season so there's no way they are in fire sale territory. On the other hand, EFL clubs will be seriously affected and lose a bigger proportion of their annual income so will not be able to afford either the fee or the wages of a decent incoming player.
      Well to me the premier League big boys have further to fall , I still think their greed will make them make cuts especially the London big club I read that spurs and arsenal charge 100 a ticket what Chelsea charge but it won't be far behind that means they are down 500k or or close to half a mil on gate receipts , the E F L have got far less to loose QPR are living with in their means yes it will n aeed belt tightening

      Comment


      • Just reading on twitter #Roderick that incomings looking more unlikely and will be free transfers or loans at best

        The situation with COVID/no fans has clearly not helped

        To be fair ‘he’ has been very reliable with other news

        BOS is likely to sign a new contract according to this source which is good news

        We have a really small squad so let’s hope we can avoid injuries

        Definitely need a 2nd striker otherwise we are in trouble

        Comment


        • Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post

          Well to me the premier League big boys have further to fall , I still think their greed will make them make cuts especially the London big club I read that spurs and arsenal charge 100 a ticket what Chelsea charge but it won't be far behind that means they are down 500k or or close to half a mil on gate receipts , the E F L have got far less to loose QPR are living with in their means yes it will n aeed belt tightening
          Everyone lives to their means. It matters for Jack s.. how much other income they have. Most premiership clubs make a loss and those losses will increase with ticket money. The likes of Man Utd might have reduced profits not break even but it will hurt their investors. Fringe players not in the 25 man squads will be on the way out to any team who will pay some of the wages. Same goes for every club.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

            Everyone lives to their means. It matters for Jack s.. how much other income they have. Most premiership clubs make a loss and those losses will increase with ticket money. The likes of Man Utd might have reduced profits not break even but it will hurt their investors. Fringe players not in the 25 man squads will be on the way out to any team who will pay some of the wages. Same goes for every club.
            Well let's hope that a decent striker is at least one of the Premiership players that QPR can get on loan. A decent midfielder that can control a game wouldn't go amiss either. Someone in the mould of Barry Brannan, Harry Arter etc.

            I hope Les and co. are making progress on getting the 2 or 3 signings Warburton was saying the club was looking to bring in 3 weeks ago.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

              Well let's hope that a decent striker is at least one of the Premiership players that QPR can get on loan. A decent midfielder that can control a game wouldn't go amiss either. Someone in the mould of Barry Brannan, Harry Arter etc.

              I hope Les and co. are making progress on getting the 2 or 3 signings Warburton was saying the club was looking to bring in 3 weeks ago.
              Also listened to the owner of Leyton Orient on Talkspirt say that they had offered some of their fringe players for free to a local non league team to help them avoid bankruptcy. Good to see the "Dunkirk Spirit" is still out there.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

                Well let's hope that a decent striker is at least one of the Premiership players that QPR can get on loan. A decent midfielder that can control a game wouldn't go amiss either. Someone in the mould of Barry Brannan, Harry Arter etc.

                I hope Les and co. are making progress on getting the 2 or 3 signings Warburton was saying the club was looking to bring in 3 weeks ago.
                Well Arter has signed for Forest so rule him out, Bannan good choice but can’t see Wednesday letting him go

                Comment


                • Well we won’t be signing Ben Watson as he’s signed for Charlton

                  Comment


                  • Suarez just moved for 5m - I don't know what Les is playing at.
                    "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Jeffqpr View Post
                      Well we won’t be signing Ben Watson as he’s signed for Charlton
                      Were we even interested in Watson ? Cameron and Ball cover the role well enough . A striker has to be our priority.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Buffalo View Post
                        Suarez just moved for 5m - I don't know what Les is playing at.
                        Les out

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

                          Were we even interested in Watson ? Cameron and Ball cover the role well enough . A striker has to be our priority.
                          Of course, Watson been mentioned a few times on here & twitter! & other sites, I didn’t think we needed him at age 35

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Jeffqpr View Post

                            Of course, Watson been mentioned a few times on here & twitter! & other sites, I didn’t think we needed him at age 35
                            Definitely didn’t need another holding midfielder, especially at his age .

                            Comment


                            • We also know that Warburton was hoping for a couple in before the first game of the season. These have not materialised so now we are onto second or third choices.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
                                We also know that Warburton was hoping for a couple in before the first game of the season. These have not materialised so now we are onto second or third choices.
                                Perhaps the club should buy some lottery tickets?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X