X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SheepRanger
    replied
    Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

Well let's hope that a decent striker is at least one of the Premiership players that QPR can get on loan. A decent midfielder that can control a game wouldn't go amiss either. Someone in the mould of Barry Brannan, Harry Arter etc.

I hope Les and co. are making progress on getting the 2 or 3 signings Warburton was saying the club was looking to bring in 3 weeks ago.
    Also listened to the owner of Leyton Orient on Talkspirt say that they had offered some of their fringe players for free to a local non league team to help them avoid bankruptcy. Good to see the "Dunkirk Spirit" is still out there.

Leave a comment:

• stanistheman
    replied
    Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Everyone lives to their means. It matters for Jack s.. how much other income they have. Most premiership clubs make a loss and those losses will increase with ticket money. The likes of Man Utd might have reduced profits not break even but it will hurt their investors. Fringe players not in the 25 man squads will be on the way out to any team who will pay some of the wages. Same goes for every club.
    Well let's hope that a decent striker is at least one of the Premiership players that QPR can get on loan. A decent midfielder that can control a game wouldn't go amiss either. Someone in the mould of Barry Brannan, Harry Arter etc.

I hope Les and co. are making progress on getting the 2 or 3 signings Warburton was saying the club was looking to bring in 3 weeks ago.

Leave a comment:

• SheepRanger
    replied
    Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post

Well to me the premier League big boys have further to fall , I still think their greed will make them make cuts especially the London big club I read that spurs and arsenal charge £100 a ticket what Chelsea charge but it won't be far behind that means they are down £500k or or close to half a mil on gate receipts , the E F L have got far less to loose QPR are living with in their means yes it will n aeed belt tightening
    Everyone lives to their means. It matters for Jack s.. how much other income they have. Most premiership clubs make a loss and those losses will increase with ticket money. The likes of Man Utd might have reduced profits not break even but it will hurt their investors. Fringe players not in the 25 man squads will be on the way out to any team who will pay some of the wages. Same goes for every club.

Leave a comment:

• Mem
    replied
    Just reading on twitter #Roderick that incomings looking more unlikely and will be free transfers or loans at best

The situation with COVID/no fans has clearly not helped

To be fair ‘he’ has been very reliable with other news

BOS is likely to sign a new contract according to this source which is good news

We have a really small squad so let’s hope we can avoid injuries

Definitely need a 2nd striker otherwise we are in trouble

Leave a comment:

• dogsrrs
    replied
    Originally posted by Abseits View Post
    I don't see the finances of the prem clubs being decimated by empty stadiums. Yeah, it'll put a dent in their income but they will all still earn at least £100 million this season so there's no way they are in fire sale territory. On the other hand, EFL clubs will be seriously affected and lose a bigger proportion of their annual income so will not be able to afford either the fee or the wages of a decent incoming player.
    Well to me the premier League big boys have further to fall , I still think their greed will make them make cuts especially the London big club I read that spurs and arsenal charge £100 a ticket what Chelsea charge but it won't be far behind that means they are down £500k or or close to half a mil on gate receipts , the E F L have got far less to loose QPR are living with in their means yes it will n aeed belt tightening

Leave a comment:

• Abseits
    replied
    I don't see the finances of the prem clubs being decimated by empty stadiums. Yeah, it'll put a dent in their income but they will all still earn at least £100 million this season so there's no way they are in fire sale territory. On the other hand, EFL clubs will be seriously affected and lose a bigger proportion of their annual income so will not be able to afford either the fee or the wages of a decent incoming player.

Leave a comment:

• dogsrrs
    replied
    Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
    Transfer window closes 5th Oct (12 days). And Premier League window to EFL clubs only closes 16th Oct (23 days)

More patience needed to get our deals done - selling high and buying low obviously.

Yep the windows still open so be patient after this week's convid government action , with the season practically finished for paying fans I can see panic in the premier big boys trying to make cuts by releasing players most of them are over stocked I read Chelsea had over 70 players out on loan last season so it's likely they have more than a hundred players on their book and a hell of lot of them foreign who won'take a pay cut , leaving fringe players most likely to be shipped out

Leave a comment:

• stanistheman
    replied
    Originally posted by 3London View Post

I have several Besiktas supporting friends who can’t wait to get rid of him - they all say he is quick but with no end product and is injured most of the time!!

sounds like he will fit right in!
    He joined them in 2019 and has played 34 times so can hardly have been injured all the time.

However, I also did not believe QPR will be buying him.

I know the window is still open, but in the meantime we are still playing with only one striker and are not really creating many scoring opportunities in matches. 6 goals, but 2 of them were penalties. And we have conceded 6 (cup incl). The team and squad needs strengthening and it doesn't look like happening before the next game against Middlesborough. Let's hope no one gets injured or suspended.

Leave a comment:

• 3London
    replied
    Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
    I have several Besiktas supporting friends who can’t wait to get rid of him - they all say he is quick but with no end product and is injured most of the time!!

sounds like he will fit right in!

Leave a comment:

• SheepRanger
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeffqpr View Post

Not a chance in hell, these stories total crap, 3.5 mil on a winger yeah right
    Not unless we sell one for 4.7m

Leave a comment:

• Jeffqpr
    replied
    Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
    Not a chance in hell, these stories total crap, 3.5 mil on a winger yeah right

Leave a comment:

• QPRDave
    replied
    Can't see it lofty like you said

Leave a comment:

• LoftusRoadLad
    replied
    Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
    Total bo lix
    I think so too. The news is spreading like wildfire !! ( well not what you said )

Leave a comment:

• QPRDave
    replied
    Total bo lix

Leave a comment:

• LoftusRoadLad
    replied
    https://www.fotospor.com/haber-besik...-kiyagi-397957

Kevin N'Koudou

https://the72.co.uk/193753/qpr-eyein...kevin-nkoudou/

3.5 M ??? cant see that

Leave a comment: