X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SheepRanger
    replied
    Originally posted by qpr4life View Post

Manning is an idiot! He's not quite ready and probably not quite good enough to be starting in the Prem.

He's a very good player at Champ level, and playing superb for QPR. Though that said he'll find himself in the same position as many others who do that and do start. e.g. Freeman, Hugill, Wells.

Reality is he'll continue to grow and might make it at some point with a club in the Prem. But he isnt clean cut enough like Eze to jump up on his own.

He would honestly be far better staying with Rangers, working hard and eventually going up with QPR. He could easily be a future captain, and will go on to earn more dough with us and play week in week out than anywhere else.

Stop worrying about the extra 2-5K mate, a sign on the dotted line!!!
    The problem being that the extra 5k a week is 250k a year and 1m over a four year contract. That is serious money and life changing for a young man. I remember listening to a Sidwell interview and he was challenged about his move to Chelsea. He said it was the best move he every made because he was around top players, earned top money and the fact that he didnt play didnt bother him because he viewed it as a mid career break that allowed him to extend his playing career. His body didnt get battered whilst at Chelsea because of his lack of game time.

Leave a comment:

• qpr4life
    replied
    Originally posted by Abseits View Post
    I can't see West Ham buying Manning. It's not the sort of signing to appease restless fans is it? With likes of Palace and Villa splashing out 20/30 million I actually think them spending a few million on a little-known QPR player with a questionable work ethic would enrage and upset their fanbase. They'll be wanting some sort of "Marquee" signing where Manning is more of a Wendy House.
    Manning is an idiot! He's not quite ready and probably not quite good enough to be starting in the Prem.

He's a very good player at Champ level, and playing superb for QPR. Though that said he'll find himself in the same position as many others who do that and do start. e.g. Freeman, Hugill, Wells.

Reality is he'll continue to grow and might make it at some point with a club in the Prem. But he isnt clean cut enough like Eze to jump up on his own.

He would honestly be far better staying with Rangers, working hard and eventually going up with QPR. He could easily be a future captain, and will go on to earn more dough with us and play week in week out than anywhere else.

Stop worrying about the extra 2-5K mate, a sign on the dotted line!!!

Leave a comment:

• Abseits
    replied
    I can't see West Ham buying Manning. It's not the sort of signing to appease restless fans is it? With likes of Palace and Villa splashing out 20/30 million I actually think them spending a few million on a little-known QPR player with a questionable work ethic would enrage and upset their fanbase. They'll be wanting some sort of "Marquee" signing where Manning is more of a Wendy House.

Leave a comment:

• SheepRanger
    replied
    Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
    Kelman and Mowatt linked.

Southen Striker and Barnsley Captain
    Mowatt would be great - central midfield and left midfield. I wonder if he's tried LB............

Leave a comment:

• LoftusRoadLad
    replied
    https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/spor...ng-him-2992710

Going by this I don't thing they are letting him go.

Leave a comment:

• stanistheman
    replied

Mowatt's career on Wikipedia, sorry cannot seem to copy and paste using my tablet, looks good and far better than any central midfielder on QPR's books.

Leave a comment:

• qpr4life
    replied
    Kelman and Mowatt linked.

Southen Striker and Barnsley Captain

Leave a comment:

• theblackmafia.
    replied
    Anything over 1m is good for a Left Back who can't defend

Leave a comment:

• qpr4life
    replied
    Manning can go for 5million, superb money that for him considering he has 12 months left on his deal with us. (Which by all accounts he didnt want to extend)

I'd argue anything between 3-5million is good.

Leave a comment:

• SheepRanger
    replied
    Still rumours around about Manning going to WHU. Apparently we want 5m but no offers yet it would seem. There doesnt seem to be a bidding war there so if this is going to happen WHU will probably come in during the last few days and offer 2m!!!

Leave a comment:

• qpr4life
    replied
    Feels like BOS will sign a new deal, with Manning leaving currently.

Given we are interested in a LB...

We may still see a new striker / Forward come in before the domestic window closes.

I'm fairly happy with yesterday, good business.

Leave a comment:

• Buffalo
    replied
    Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
    Second transfer window to 5pm on Friday 16th Oct

EFL clubs are able to conduct any business between themselves and the Premier League, although top tier clubs will not be able to trade between themselves.

I'm reading this that we can only trade with premier league team and EFL teams cannot trade with each other??

I'm pretty sure we can trade with other EFL teams. Its just EPL teams that can't trade with each other.

Leave a comment:

• SheepRanger
    replied
    Second transfer window to 5pm on Friday 16th Oct

EFL clubs are able to conduct any business between themselves and the Premier League, although top tier clubs will not be able to trade between themselves.

I'm reading this that we can only trade with premier league team and EFL teams cannot trade with each other??

Leave a comment:

• LoftusRoadLad
    replied
    CHRIS Willock has signed a three-year deal with QPR, joining from Benfica for an undisclosed fee.

The club also has the option of a further year.

Having arrived from Portugal, Willock is awaiting the results of a Covid-19 test before he can report to Harlington for training.

Leave a comment:

• Ronnie Rangers
    replied
    Originally posted by lincoln ranger View Post
    Would definitely take him if he was available! Big, tough, no nonsense Centre Half who would chip in with a few goals from set pieces regularly. Prob can’t afford him anyway...
    We should go for his Brother, Brasic Flint

Leave a comment:

Working...
X