Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

QPR next manager.....sky bet betting suspended .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
    No one is saying its a slur against ethnic people, to be fair. Just that it isn't a 100% fact, as you said.

Fair enough ginger. I shouldn't of said 100% fact as it not so wrong wording by me there.

I meant to say it's what it looks like imo and a few people from the press I know believe it to be as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
      Not 100 % Matty no!

But I believe this is the case from stuff I have seen and been told. We all know ferdinands views on ethnic managers in the game. It's a sticky subject granted and as I have said I'm not bothered about the color of the next manager as long as he's the best an for the job and makes some sort of sense.

It's ferdinand who seems intent on dismissing viable candidates for the sake of his own beliefs.

Warnock brings so much more to the table than both the other two and is being completely ignored.

If we were all being honest if you drew a list up of candidates jfh would be 3rd 4th or possibly 5 th choice. Powell shouldn't even be on it. We are a forward moving club with substantial backing and there are better managers out there than jfh let alone considering Powell.

Might as well interview Mcleish if your considering Powell?
      Agree with that.

Comment

Clubs a joke and I'm sorry will upset some people but Ferdinand is 100% only considering black managers.

The fact Chris Powell was even considered let alone interviewed sums this up. Add the fact that jfh is the front runner when there are better and more proven managers out there sums it up for me.

Doesn't make me racist but I want the best man for the job,not Ferdinand abusing his position to make a point of giving ethnic coaches a chance.

We need stability and warnock offers that and better managers around than jfh or Powell. Jackett should be in front of these two amongst others.
        If Chris Powell has been considered, interviewed, it really does add some weight to your opinion.

Comment

• I would say JFH has more or less ruled himself out off the job
          You Rsssssss

Comment

• Originally posted by Harryboy View Post
            I would say JFH has more or less ruled himself out off the job
            I would say he made zero comment to the blunt questions, followed our chairman on twitter and is interested.

Comment

• Originally posted by Harryboy View Post
              I would say JFH has more or less ruled himself out off the job
              See i think he wants the job but just handles the questions about his position very respectively.

JFH has got potential and is an up and coming manager but I personally just think there are better managers out there and if we cant get someone suited for what we need right now give the job to Warnock until the end of the season for when an ideal candidate is available.

Ferdinands perspective is clearly imo on appointing the best black manager who is out there atm and not the best manager QPR can attract regardless of colour.

I am annoyed because my business, football head just wants the best person for QPR and decisions not being driven because of personal beliefs. There are better people out there for QPR than JFH. OF JFH was the best person available id be delighted and wouldnt be saying anything but he's not imo.

Comment

• Colour has nothing to do with it and I would state that as a fact if I possibly could!

Comment

• At the fans forum Lee Hoos made it clear that he was leading the recruitment. he and Les were interviewing based on a long list of candidates from set questions and would then make a recommendation to the board. To say that there is an agenda or a bias in any of this process is clearly plainly wrong, they are looking for the best person for the job based on a clear set of criteria.

It is however fun to see people complaining of too many black candidates being put forward, I wonder if the same people would complain if a white Director of Football was just selecting white candidates to interview........

Comment

• Originally posted by Maidohoops View Post
                    At the fans forum Lee Hoos made it clear that he was leading the recruitment. he and Les were interviewing based on a long list of candidates from set questions and would then make a recommendation to the board. To say that there is an agenda or a bias in any of this process is clearly plainly wrong, they are looking for the best person for the job based on a clear set of criteria.

It is however fun to see people complaining of too many black candidates being put forward, I wonder if the same people would complain if a white Director of Football was just selecting white candidates to interview........
                    That's a load of rubbish and we all know Ferdinand has a very big say in the next manager plus his views on giving more managers with a ethnic back ground a chance.

If we are looking for the best possible person for this job then how the hell is someone like Chris Powell getting interviewed on merit and then your telling me JFH is the best man for the job above the like of Warnock, Jackett, Rowett, McCarthy, Laudrup or even when lambert was available not to mention if we really showed some ambition and wooed the likes of moyes or rodgers? These posts are the ones that drive me mad. How about as a white man I might feel that white managers are being overlooked because someone else's preferences?

If we are being serious with a list of candidates based on criteria powell wouldnt even make it through the door and JFH would be 4th or 5th on the list. My point is there are better managers out there or available that are being ignored.

JFH is a good up and coming manager but there are better options open to us whether thats warnock until the end of the season or the boeard actually going out of its way and going for someone like Jackett or McCarthy.

Most of them are white but that doesnt matter too, its just about the best man for the job and im sorry if JFH and powell re at the top of the que like is being reported then that just stinks to me of ferdinand pushing his beliefs and visions for more ethinic managers over what the club actually needs.

Comment

That's a load of rubbish and we all know Ferdinand has a very big say in the next manager plus his views on giving more managers with a ethnic back ground a chance.

If we are looking for the best possible person for this job then how the hell is someone like Chris Powell getting interviewed on merit and then your telling me JFH is the best man for the job above the like of Warnock, Jackett, Rowett, McCarthy, Laudrup or even when lambert was available not to mention if we really showed some ambition and wooed the likes of moyes or rodgers? These posts are the ones that drive me mad. How about as a white man I might feel that white managers are being overlooked because someone else's preferences?

If we are being serious with a list of candidates based on criteria powell wouldnt even make it through the door and JFH would be 4th or 5th on the list. My point is there are better managers out there or available that are being ignored.

JFH is a good up and coming manager but there are better options open to us whether thats warnock until the end of the season or the boeard actually going out of its way and going for someone like Jackett or McCarthy.

Most of them are white but that doesnt matter too, its just about the best man for the job and im sorry if JFH and powell re at the top of the que like is being reported then that just stinks to me of ferdinand pushing his beliefs and visions for more ethinic managers over what the club actually needs.
                      Ignoring colour JFH has done an outstanding job at Burton and should be considered on merit as a talented up and coming manager who could hopefully grow with the club. I would be delighted with Moyes or Rodgers but playing devil's advocate should we be looking at managers on the way down who may just see this club as a way of getting back on the job ladder pending moving on somewhere better as quickly as they can? No doubt JFH would take a better job in due course but we would in my view have a better chance of keeping him for a longer period.

Comment

• Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                        Ignoring colour JFH has done an outstanding job at Burton and should be considered on merit as a talented up and coming manager who could hopefully grow with the club. I would be delighted with Moyes or Rodgers but playing devil's advocate should we be looking at managers on the way down who may just see this club as a way of getting back on the job ladder pending moving on somewhere better as quickly as they can? No doubt JFH would take a better job in due course but we would in my view have a better chance of keeping him for a longer period.

Comment

• Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                          I agree with your sentiment fella and as I have said I also agree hes a very good up and coming manager. Definitely should be considered and interviewed but should he be are number 1 target?The blokes CV is a year in league 2 and 4 months in league 1!
                          Are there better managers in this league with vast experience and success we could go for or should target? Or other manger out of work or sticking with Warnock who knows the club and league inside out and as things stand is clearly having a very positive impact on the team?

Comment

• Not sure if Maids is 100% correct here but I don't think he's far wrong. Interviewing Chris Powell was a weird one, the bloke is an awful manager and though JFH is obviously a top prospect, a prospect is what he is and there are also Managers out there who are doing the same job at a higher level seemingly not in the frame (Rowett for example).

I hope LF is gonna get the best bloke for the job irrespective of colour, and I think he will. But I wouldn't rule out what Maids said, he may not be far wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                              Not sure if Maids is 100% correct here but I don't think he's far wrong. Interviewing Chris Powell was a weird one, the bloke is an awful manager and though JFH is obviously a top prospect, a prospect is what he is and there are also Managers out there who are doing the same job at a higher level seemingly not in the frame (Rowett for example).

I hope LF is gonna get the best bloke for the job irrespective of colour, and I think he will. But I wouldn't rule out what Maids said, he may not be far wrong.
                              Bakes you nailed it for me and said it in a much more elegant way than I was putting across. That's exactly my opinion as things stand.

Comment

Bakes you nailed it for me and said it in a much more elegant way than I was putting across. That's exactly my opinion as things stand.

Comment

Working...
                                X