X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
    Im angry, im wery wery angry.

https://youtu.be/Gj5OvKCD1wA
    You don't half like to #### off QPR fans. The bloke has a point.
    Do you not think that the shirt should have hoops then?.Seeing as how you're at every game possible you
    must've been there when we score...yes? Wonder why the majority of fans chant hoops after a goal?
    The clue is ...was in the shirt.
    Queens Park Rangers football club is an iconic club imo. We can be banded with Liverpool, Leeds, Chelsea, Arsenal
    Man Utd/City......Why?...Because if you see the hoops you think QPR.
    Reading try to jump on the bandwagon, but it doesn't happen for them....Blue & White hoops...= QPR
    Now I'm a traditionalist and am very surprised by beefy's attack on fellow fans too.
    But just to clarify to all those posters having a dig about "grown men" moaning about a shirt....IT'S OUR IDENTITY

Comment

People i pish off i dont class as fans, only habitual moaners. Still hoops to me, cos im not so finicky to question a football shirt, (and if i was i would just tell myself the hoops go all the way around underneath the blue patch we were forced to have by the rules). Ive got other things on my mind like getting sh it faced on beer and lemon in the sun later dave mate.
      Last edited by Kevin Mcleod; 02-07-2015, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post
        Can you believe that some of our fans are still bleating on about the new kit two days after the launch despite not many actually having any intention of ever buying a new one whatever it looked like and one fan has even made his own video on the subject which can be seen on LFW

I see a patten emerging where those doing the most whinging are those who live thousands of miles away from Loftus Rd so a new team shirt is their only real link to the club as they cannot because of logistics see us play except on the tv but for goodness sake some really need to get a grip

Really embarrassing behavior from some of our fan section
        disagree with this. The Rangers shirt is one of the most attractive in the League. They have made a pigs ear of it with this design. I never buy one but have still got to look at it come Saturday. My advise to those who don't like it, purchase one of the classic designs and give the new design the elbow
        I must away now, I can no longer tarry
        This morning's tempest I have to cross
        I must be guided without a stumble
        Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Da da da darr, da da da darr. Hooooops!
          Super Hoopsa!

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
            People i pish off i dont class as fans. Still hoops to me, cos im not so finicky to question a football shirt, (and if i was i would just tell myself the hoops go all the way around underneath the blue patch we were forced to have by the rules). Ive got other things on my mind like getting sh it faced on beer and lemon in the sun later dave mate.
            Got a quiet rest of the week so started earlier Kev and will probably continue til the weekend. Shame the sun has f*cked off though

Comment

Same as that mucker.

Comment

I'm not one of those who gets angry enough about such things to harp on about it. We all like hoops. We all think that we should have hoops. But the answer is very simple.

Don't buy it, if you don't like it. And hopefully, when the club realise that their actions have resulted in the lowest number of replica shirts sold, not to mention the lost revenue involved, the next shirt will get a little more time and attention given to it.

But please don't let either that or the badge detract from all the fantastic things happening elsewhere at the club. It'll just spoil your enjoyment of the wonderful season we are about to embark upon.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                  You don't half like to #### off QPR fans. The bloke has a point.
                  Do you not think that the shirt should have hoops then?.Seeing as how you're at every game possible you
                  must've been there when we score...yes? Wonder why the majority of fans chant hoops after a goal?
                  The clue is ...was in the shirt.
                  Queens Park Rangers football club is an iconic club imo. We can be banded with Liverpool, Leeds, Chelsea, Arsenal
                  Man Utd/City......Why?...Because if you see the hoops you think QPR.
                  Reading try to jump on the bandwagon, but it doesn't happen for them....Blue & White hoops...= QPR
                  Now I'm a traditionalist and am very surprised by beefy's attack on fellow fans too.
                  But just to clarify to all those posters having a dig about "grown men" moaning about a shirt....IT'S OUR IDENTITY
                  Nice pic of Stan Bowles in our iconic Red and White halves in your avatar!

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
                    Any adult male who gets 'angry' about a football shirt needs to do two things.

1) Re evaluate your life. Have a good think about your actions as a grown adult

2) Look into the mirror, straight into your own eyes & say 'I am a complete knob' (repeat 3 times daily until you've got yourself a life again)
                    Jimmy, I actually disagree with that.

It's not necessarily about 'adult males' getting angry about the shirt design, or because they necessarily want to wear it themselves.

I'd say it's more about:

1) What the shirt symbolises - the historic, cultural and iconic identity of blue and white hoops and Queens Park Rangers FC.

2) These half-hooped shirts will be on public show by our players next season at every game and broadcast throughout the world.

3) Fans have essentially been duped and lied to by the club and Chairman over the issue.

Not saying I'm particularly angry myself about it, but I can at least understand the degree of anger by some proud and traditionalist R's fans for the above reasons.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                      Jimmy, I actually disagree with that.

It's not necessarily about 'adult males' getting angry about the shirt design, or because they necessarily want to wear it themselves.

I'd say it's more about:

1) What the shirt symbolises - the historic, cultural and iconic identity of blue and white hoops and Queens Park Rangers FC.

2) These half-hooped shirts will be on public show by our players next season at every game and broadcast throughout the world.

3) Fans have essentially been duped and lied to by the club and Chairman over the issue.

Not saying I'm particularly angry myself about it, but I can at least understand the degree of anger by some proud and traditionalist R's fans for the above reasons.
                      well said Stanley, this in a nutshell, some good intellectual posters on different forums saying precisely this. Knobs they are not
                      I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                      This morning's tempest I have to cross
                      I must be guided without a stumble
                      Into the arms I love the most

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                        Nice pic of Stan Bowles in our iconic Red and White halves in your avatar!
                        Yep loved that shirt too......it's an away shirt....so has to be different from the home....it's the point of it

Comment

• Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                          Yep loved that shirt too......it's an away shirt....so has to be different from the home....it's the point of it
                          Still iconic though and is identifiable with QPR without hoops

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                            Still iconic though and is identifiable with QPR without hoops
                            Is it??....Most QPR fans from what I remember used to call it "our Feyenoord shirt"....see what I mean about instantly recognisable?

Comment

• Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                              I'm not one of those who gets angry enough about such things to harp on about it. We all like hoops. We all think that we should have hoops. But the answer is very simple.

Don't buy it, if you don't like it. And hopefully, when the club realise that their actions have resulted in the lowest number of replica shirts sold, not to mention the lost revenue involved, the next shirt will get a little more time and attention given to it.

But please don't let either that or the badge detract from all the fantastic things happening elsewhere at the club. It'll just spoil your enjoyment of the wonderful season we are about to embark upon.
                              Well said that man

Comment

• Originally posted by Pie & mash View Post
                                Couldn't care less what it looked like as long as it's not really embarrassing.
                                Personally I think the back of the kit is embarrassing.......

Sure anyone really having a hissy fit needs to sort their priorities out, but don't tar anyone who doesn't like the kit with the same brush.

For me it's one step forward and two back.... From the front it looks good, then the back..... Jeez!

And for fans to say they don't care what it looks like, I find strange. Our kit is iconic, and how we are recognised around the world, so it needs to look the part. And for those that forget, our nickname is the Super Hoops..... There's a clue there, we need to have bloody hoops on our shirt or we'll start to lose our identity.

Comment

Working...
                                X