The new kit saga

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kirill View Post
    I can certainly imagine that based on many of our previous home shirts that had hoops. What I unfortunately cannot do is see the hoops on this new shirt because last time I checked the definition of hoops (20 seconds ago) it meant "a circular band". Perhaps it has changed since then?
    Well I can't see the front and back at the same time. My eyeballs just don't allow it. Just had a look at our new German striker holding up our kit..... With hoops on

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
      Kirill, Would you ever consider liking something about QPR?
      I like Jude and hoops.
      Banning people is no longer my hobby,
      but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
      http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

• Cannot believe how boring this subject is

Comment

I like Jude and hoops.
          What about the Spark the Tiger?

Comment

What about the Spark the Tiger?
            Hate him.
            Banning people is no longer my hobby,
            but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
            http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

I like Jude and hoops.

There is a well known anti anything the club does QPR messageboard out there Krill but I reckon even those who post on there might find your opinions too extreme even for them

Comment

• ive held back on this one ,because i knew there would be a massive drama meltdown , not just from the moaners but from the rest too
                the back of the kit is terrible ,and in my opinion losing our hoops is quite a big deal ,it is a big part of our identity ,so all the people giving it out that it dosn`t matter and everyone who is complaining about it is a "princess" or whatever ,need to stop and think about all the little things we have that make us QPR ,ie blue and white hoops , Loftus rd , shepherds bush , etc and do we want it all eroded further ?
                I dont want to see us playing in blue and white horizontal stripes ,but i`ll suck it up for another season if the club is on the move in the right direction ,its not the end of the world, but i do want the hoops back next season .
                Its nothing to do with buying the kit either ,because i havnt worn a replica kit since i was a kid, but our identity is important, and blue and white hoops is an integral part of it
                Last edited by vespa; 03-07-2015, 11:05 PM.
                Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

• Originally posted by vespa View Post
                  ive held back on this one ,because i knew there would be a massive drama meltdown , not just from the moaners but from the rest too
                  the back of the kit is terrible ,and in my opinion losing our hoops is quite a big deal ,it is a big part of our identity ,so all the people giving it out that it dosn`t matter and everyone who is complaining about it is a "princess" or whatever ,need to stop and think about all the little things we have that make us QPR ,ie blue and white hoops , Loftus rd , shepherds bush , etc and do we want it all eroded further ?
                  I dont want to see us playing in blue and white horizontal stripes ,but i`ll suck it up for another season if the club is on the move in the right direction ,its not the end of the world, but i do want the hoops back next season .
                  Its nothing to do with buying the kit either ,because i havnt worn a replica kit since i was a kid, but our identity is important, and blue and white hoops is an integral part of it
                  Some people just don't get it and disparage those who do. Our hoops are iconic. What's one of the first things people identify with QPR? All the Billy Big B0ll0cks who talk about moaners and princesses and 'get a life' are disconnected from our history and not true fans. Once you get away from our heritage, it's the beginning of the end for connection with the fans. It's basically insulting.

Saxbend, who put up a video declaiming the club over its' arrogance and disregard of our history, got pelters. This is a fan with 75 years of family tree from Ladbroke Grove in the 40's, who follows religiously.

It's a sad indictment of our society that history counts for nothing. Hubris and posturing by naysayers shows them up as ...let's just say 'limited'.
                  Last edited by acricketer; 03-07-2015, 11:27 PM.

Comment

ive held back on this one ,because i knew there would be a massive drama meltdown , not just from the moaners but from the rest too

That, is a beautifully worded post...

Agree with you there Vespa .

Comment

• Originally posted by acricketer View Post
                      Some people just don't get it and disparage those who do. Our hoops are iconic. What's one of the first things people identify with QPR? All the Billy Big B0ll0cks who talk about moaners and princesses and 'get a life' are disconnected from our history and not true fans. Once you get away from our heritage, it's the beginning of the end for connection with the fans. It's basically insulting.
                      Not true fans??? We have 9k plus season ticket renewals. Do you think they should not have have renewed re:hoops on a shirt?

Comment

Nicely put.

The last line is absolutely key too, there are far, far too many who seem to think the people angry at this kit situation are worried about the shirts they were going to buy. It's really not the case.

Comment

Not true fans??? We have 9k plus season ticket renewals. Do you think they should not have have renewed re:hoops on a shirt?
                          Yeah, I've said it before, can people stop accusing people of not being true fans, please? It's basically the worse thing you can say to anyone on here, far worse than any of the things that get asterisked out.

It happens way too easily and often on this board.

Comment

• What Vespa said, spot on
                            From the Hills of Kerry
                            To the streets of Free Derry

Comment

• ive held back on this one ,because i knew there would be a massive drama meltdown , not just from the moaners but from the rest too

Yeah, I've said it before, can people stop accusing people of not being true fans, please? It's basically the worse thing you can say to anyone on here, far worse than any of the things that get asterisked out.

It happens way too easily and often on this board.[/QUOTE]

both spot on

Comment

It's because we have a historic, family, entertaining football culture that people renew and 99% aren't on forums. The 'big I ams' on here who know better want to cover emotional connection with the club in p!ss and sh!t.

Comment

Working...
                                X