Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
    Jimmy, I actually disagree with that.

It's not necessarily about 'adult males' getting angry about the shirt design, or because they necessarily want to wear it themselves.

I'd say it's more about:

1) What the shirt symbolises - the historic, cultural and iconic identity of blue and white hoops and Queens Park Rangers FC.

2) These half-hooped shirts will be on public show by our players next season at every game and broadcast throughout the world.

3) Fans have essentially been duped and lied to by the club and Chairman over the issue.

Not saying I'm particularly angry myself about it, but I can at least understand the degree of anger by some proud and traditionalist R's fans for the above reasons.
    Spot on, the fact that there seems to be a lot on this board mocking people for caring about that stuff is a little sad tbh.

This isn't just a case of 'if you don't like it, don't buy it'. Don't assume that's why people are angry about it.

Comment

• reading through some of the posts on here made me realise why i dont bother using this forum any more! You just dont get and you never will!
      LONDON CALLING TO THE ZOMBIES OF DEATH.... ALSO KNOW AS BRENTFORD FANS

Comment

• one more thing its real easy to take the pish and mock from the safety of a computer, some of the things said about a real hardcore fan like ben that have been posted on this thread are disgraceful! Just sit back and laugh as our history and traditions get sold down the plughole! Focking pathetic!

Comment

• Whose ben conn?

Comment

• ben is the guy who posted the vid. The bloke is a good geezer and a true rangers fan!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
              Those people banging on about Fernandes doing this on purpose should realise Nike did this to Celtic as well.

For the record, I couldn't give a monkeys about the new shirt.
              I wonder how many of them complained about it

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                People i pish off i dont class as fans, only habitual moaners. Still hoops to me, cos im not so finicky to question a football shirt, (and if i was i would just tell myself the hoops go all the way around underneath the blue patch we were forced to have by the rules). Ive got other things on my mind like getting sh it faced on beer and lemon in the sun later dave mate.
                But the rules havent forced Those with stripes to abandon them, have they? Just our club have

Comment

• Originally posted by Connell10 View Post
                  ben is the guy who posted the vid. The bloke is a good geezer and a true rangers fan!
                  Oh yeah....the Zamora song was his work wasn't it?...

Comment

• Yep dave as i say the bloke is alright.

Comment

Yep dave as i say the bloke is alright.
                      Yeah seems ok. I haven't watched all his video. But the hoops is an issue, more than the badge imo.

Comment

ben is the guy who posted the vid. The bloke is a good geezer and a true rangers fan!
                        Loved that video. Trouble is that there is more stupidity than magnanimity on this board. Still, fun to see how one-eyed things can get and the easily hurt feelings and egos exploding on the keyboards.

Comment

• Couldn't we have just had proper hoops all away around then just stuck a big patch with name and number on the players shirts?

Comment

• Originally posted by HoopDoggyDogg View Post
                            Couldn't we have just had proper hoops all away around then just stuck a big patch with name and number on the players shirts?
                            Like we used to in the 70's 80's and 90's?......Nah so last decade

Comment

• Sing 'hoo' or 'ps'

Comment

• Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                                Got a quiet rest of the week so started earlier Kev and will probably continue til the weekend. Shame the sun has f*cked off though :cheers_small:
                                not here

Comment

Working...
                                X