X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hal9thou
    replied
    Originally posted by acricketer View Post
    It somehow makes our promotion that year a false victory because of the tw@t he always was etc etc.
    Which says more about you than him. That season was the last time we actually played football going forward and it was beautiful to watch. So it all fvcked up, that's life, but for a while something truly special was on offer. I can think of plenty of other who have pulled on the hooped shirt and given less, and most of those have been in recent times. He was just a messed up young man and imo Harry's arrival did nothing to help.
    Last edited by hal9thou; 10-09-2016, 01:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• acricketer
    replied
    If a positive life is making a contribution to existence, then Adel Taarabt is a smear on the underpants of the human race. A complete c0ck.

It somehow makes our promotion that year a false victory because of the tw@t he always was. What possessd him?

If anyone deserves to be spat upon, its that cÙnt.

77 fÙcking pages ........more pages than Rodney Marsh and Stan Bowles combined. WTF???? Wipe him from our history. He is a pariah.
    Last edited by acricketer; 10-09-2016, 12:18 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Greg1882
    replied
    Originally posted by brightonr View Post
    Far too late now to even consider having him back and it's entirely his own fault that his career has petered out.

But I have to agree with WeAre in terms of his talent and ability to perform being in a different class to virtually any other player we have had in many years. It's a phrase often trotted out, but he was worth the admission fee alone. Not something I can recall since the days of Stainrod. Just a superbly entertaining player, who regularly did things most players could only dream of. Such a shame that amount of talent was wasted. I suspect one day he'll come to realise that and very much regret what could have been.
    Don't think he will regret anything mate he doesn't seem the type. He's got his money and he's got what appears to be zero motivation to play football. He's 27 so he's not a kid, if he was going to realise what a complete ##### he's been it would have happened by now. I think he will just continue to let down any poor sod who attempts to save his career. It's a massive waste and there's only one person to blame

Leave a comment:

• brightonr
    replied
    Far too late now to even consider having him back and it's entirely his own fault that his career has petered out.

But I have to agree with WeAre in terms of his talent and ability to perform being in a different class to virtually any other player we have had in many years. It's a phrase often trotted out, but he was worth the admission fee alone. Not something I can recall since the days of Stainrod. Just a superbly entertaining player, who regularly did things most players could only dream of. Such a shame that amount of talent was wasted. I suspect one day he'll come to realise that and very much regret what could have been.

Leave a comment:

• Ginger Ninja
    replied
    Originally posted by Stanley View Post
    Adel Taarabt is nothing more than irrelevance to me now.

What's more interesting to me is how he's so marmite; bringing out such polarised opinions here (hence this epic thread). But is there anyone else who just feels completely indifferent about him?
    I do feel indifferent to him Stan, it just amazes me that people actually want the guy back. Sure, not a problem at all with reminiscing about how good he was for that one season, but wanting him back after he's done literally nothing but go backwards since? It's just doesn't make sense to me.

Leave a comment:

• Del
    replied
    What a waste of a talent....

Leave a comment:

• Stanley
    replied
    Adel Taarabt is nothing more than irrelevance to me now.

What's more interesting to me is how he's so marmite; bringing out such polarised opinions here (hence this epic thread). But is there anyone else who just feels completely indifferent about him?

Leave a comment:

• nanocopic
    replied
    I think Morrison is currently able to perform at a higher level than current Adel. Adel is 5 years on and has shown nothing to suggest he has any interest in playing again.

Leave a comment:

• West Acton
    replied
    Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
    Never ever seen so much pandering over a player who was unreal for one out of the 5 seasons he played for us, and was either shite, lazy, uninterested, fat, temperamental or all of the above for the other 4 seasons. Sorry but that's the truth. Would not ever have the guy back now. He will never ever replicate what he did in 2010/2011, that's a fact.
    Careful ginge the pitch forks will be out Carbs has loyal fan base

Apparently guy has been hard done by by every manager and his current plight is nothing to do with him. China beckons for him if their is a side there desperate enough

Washed up in his 20s

Leave a comment:

• nasser95
    replied
    Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
    Do you seriously think Nasser that Morrison could take the pi ss out of championship players and have the same effect as adel would? I don't want to argue with you and I hope we can get along but I am astounded that you think Morrison was on par. Not talking about just goals I am talking about creativity and class
    I didn't say morrison was on par, but your reasoning was that he, unlike morrison was proven at this level. I take it you haven't seen him in one of his few matches for the Benfica B teams, but the level there is lower than this and he's not pulling up trees. 5 years ago, Adel did well for us... he won't now.

Leave a comment:

• Ginger Ninja
    replied
    Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
    But ninja even if he was half at effective he'd be one of our better players? I agree he can't do the same in the top flight but I still think wed have a much better chance of promotion with adel
    Weare honestly he won't ever get to half of what he is capable of again. He's too far gone, he's been clearly badly advised by his agents/hangers-on etc, and he's lapped it up. Since that season his ego inflated scarily quickly, and that's what's caused him, imo to fail atthe big clubs he's been with since us. And I honestly think he's too thick to turn it round.

Leave a comment:

• Ginger Ninja
    replied
    Not being funny but if you honestly think the guy wants to or even is able to replicate the form he showed in 2010/11, you're quite naive, and have rose tinted specs on where Adel is concerned.

Leave a comment:

• WeAreQPR12
    replied
    Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
    Never ever seen so much pandering over a player who was unreal for one out of the 5 seasons he played for us, and was either shite, lazy, uninterested, fat, temperamental or all of the above for the other 4 seasons. Sorry but that's the truth. Would not ever have the guy back now. He will never ever replicate what he did in 2010/2011, that's a fact.
    But ninja even if he was half at effective he'd be one of our better players? I agree he can't do the same in the top flight but I still think wed have a much better chance of promotion with adel

Leave a comment:

• Greg1882
    replied
    I honestly can't believe there are some sane people who would take this ###### back. #### me how many clubs does he have to turn out for and the same old problems rear their heads again before people realise THE BLOKE IS A WRONGUN!!. He clearly has no proffesional pride and I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole. It takes one bad apple to ruin everything no matter how good he was (nearly 6 bloody years ago)

Leave a comment:

• Ginger Ninja
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X