X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rodman
    replied
    No surprise there then.

A bloated waistline to match his bloated ego.

All that talent wasted.

Always thought one day he would wake up to the fact he is running out of years to impress the big clubs he craves.
    But clearly not.

What a complete fool.

Leave a comment:

• LoftusRoadLad
    replied
    Fat Adel

Is still fat and been told to slim up if he wants to play in Benfica's team. Not been selected yet. Ho dear.

Leave a comment:

• Robsondinho
    replied
    Originally posted by West Acton View Post
    His career is over in my view he's not hungry enough (excuse the pun) won't amount to anything now as so many have said in the past

Real shame as the guy with the right attitude should be performing at highest stage

Look at someone like James Milner 1% of Adels ability but million times a better player
    Let's not get carried away. Milner is Pony! and everything with what is wrong with English football. Works his nuts off so is deemed a good player, and a trier. We love a trier in this country. His free kick the other night summed him up ability wise. How he has got gigs at Man City and now Liverpool is beyond me.

Leave a comment:

• West Acton
    replied
    His career is over in my view he's not hungry enough (excuse the pun) won't amount to anything now as so many have said in the past

Real shame as the guy with the right attitude should be performing at highest stage

Look at someone like James Milner 1% of Adels ability but million times a better player

Leave a comment:

• EssexR
    replied
    Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
    In fairness, Warnock said himself he had to almost upset / frustrate others to do so, he just gave Adel a free reign, massaged his ego a bit and let him strut his stuff. In the Championship it worked a treat because, ability wise, he was streets ahead of anybody.

A team like Benfica probably can't afford to take such an approach (not that the Portuguese league is great) but they have other quite high profile players that likely won't put up with a player getting such special treatment.
    And this is precisely why Taarabt will always be remembered (if at all) as a "what if" player. Expect him to turn up on one of those "forgotten footballers" or "faded footballers" Twitter accounts in a few years.

I'd say it's a shame but it's entirely his own fault.

Leave a comment:

• Rangers77
    replied
    Originally posted by Greengrass View Post
    1.5kg = 3 lbs
    Lazy f ack can't even lose that. He really is a t osspot.

Leave a comment:

• MattyRangers
    replied
    Originally posted by EssexR View Post
    I still find it interesting that of all the high profile teams and managers he's played under, only Neil Warnock was ever able to get the best out of him.

Says more about Warnock than it does Adel tbh. If I was the Benfica manager i'd be getting in contact with Neil and asking him how he did it and nobody else's approach seems to work.
    In fairness, Warnock said himself he had to almost upset / frustrate others to do so, he just gave Adel a free reign, massaged his ego a bit and let him strut his stuff. In the Championship it worked a treat because, ability wise, he was streets ahead of anybody.

A team like Benfica probably can't afford to take such an approach (not that the Portuguese league is great) but they have other quite high profile players that likely won't put up with a player getting such special treatment.

Leave a comment:

• EssexR
    replied
    I still find it interesting that of all the high profile teams and managers he's played under, only Neil Warnock was ever able to get the best out of him.

Says more about Warnock than it does Adel tbh. If I was the Benfica manager i'd be getting in contact with Neil and asking him how he did it and nobody else's approach seems to work.

Leave a comment:

• SteveQPR1975
    replied
    He can get as fat as razor ruddock is now as long as he don't play for us lol

Leave a comment:

• Johnnykc
    replied
    Originally posted by AndoverRanger View Post
    Adel only has himself to blame. With the right attitude he could have been something special but unfortunately he has it all wrong. Loved him during our promotion season and scored some blinding goals but the best thing we did was offload him, just a shame we didn't do it sooner. I can only imagine how much effort Warnock had to put into keeping Adel sweet.
    Simple...tray of Krispy Kremes delivered to chez Taarrabt every day and a rub down with cocoa butter on the old stretch marks......

Leave a comment:

• AndoverRanger
    replied
    Adel only has himself to blame. With the right attitude he could have been something special but unfortunately he has it all wrong. Loved him during our promotion season and scored some blinding goals but the best thing we did was offload him, just a shame we didn't do it sooner. I can only imagine how much effort Warnock had to put into keeping Adel sweet.

Leave a comment:

• Greg1882
    replied
    Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
    isn't that the other fat waste of space we managed to offload left of him
    Certainly looks like Mr Ceaser doesn't it ? The bald fella looks like he wants to kill fatboy

Leave a comment:

• lymehoop
    replied
    isn't that the other fat waste of space we managed to offload left of him

Leave a comment:

• Jeems
    replied
    Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
    Was havng 1 every day on holiday, blinding little things them.
    1? I was having 4-5 at least! (free in the hotel executive lounge, check me out)
    Portuguese food is pretty salty and oily though, not a fan in general

Leave a comment:

• maverick69
    replied
    1.5 kgs?

You can lose that in a couple of days - easy. F1 drivers lose that over one race.

I'd imagine it's his core fitness that is more the issue.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X