Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dave58
    replied
    I really cant believe that we are still still discussing fat boy hasn't played for his new club hardly, a wasted talent, some people just can't move on

Leave a comment:

• James1979
    replied
    Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
    What after signing such stars as Bothroyd, Dyer, DJ Campbell and days before the magnificent Young, Traore and SWP ?

Behave
    Barton was clearly a good player but he destroyed our dressing room. We got promoted with adel as the star and the others working hard together as a team. Barton came in and challenged adel and the it all went downhill from there.

Leave a comment:

• Norths
    replied
    DJ and Betty were both coming off the back of fantastic seasons and the fees involved were reasonable. Dyer was a risk but one NW felt worth going for as he impressed in pre season.
    The big wages handed to Barton set the standard for what was to follow the next few years.

Leave a comment:

• Rangers77
    replied
    Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
    What after signing such stars as Bothroyd, Dyer, DJ Campbell and days before the magnificent Young, Traore and SWP ?

Behave
    This. None of them helped get us up, did they????

Leave a comment:

• Shepherds Mush
    replied
    Originally posted by maverick69 View Post
    Barton was the first and major mistake IMHO

Behave

Leave a comment:

• hal9thou
    replied
    Originally posted by Stanley View Post
    TF's first major blunder.
    Sadly a taste of what was to come. Great post from 77 btw, at the time I felt Neil was on rocky ground - he just didn't seem at home in the EPL and there were a couple of major tactical blunders I recall. I also felt Tone wanted his own man, a vibe I also got when Neil was replaced second time around. IMO not managing to retain his services for the season (while we got some credible contenders together) may yet have far reaching consequences.

Leave a comment:

• FACTS
    replied
    Originally posted by maverick69 View Post
    Barton was the first and major mistake IMHO.

You never want someone who could be argued to behave like a narcissist in your ranks - even if he did deliver from time to time.......

IMHO, that's where Colin copped it (that and Ale's knee...... and the silly contracts).

Only down the Rangers..........
    Yeah. Barton was a big mistake. Should have kept Adel as captain. And then Faurlin getting injured was the end.

tbd TF was always playing catch up after buying us so late in the summer, but we panicked and bought absolute shite. Would have been better off weathering it til January and lining up proper targets.

Leave a comment:

• Jimmy Floyd Rabbit
    replied
    Firstly I'd have the fat bellied loon back tomorrow morning if there was a chance, not even joking, and secondly I also supported the sacking of NW at the time. We'd gone very stale, we'd started to decline, quality wise, and his last game against a poor MK Dons in the cup was embarrassing. He barely left his seat, which showed me even Warnock himself thought he'd taken us as far as he could.

In hindsight, I'm disappointed. The grass most certainly isn't greener on the other side. Loved the pair of them. Match made in heaven.

Leave a comment:

• maverick69
    replied
    Barton was the first and major mistake IMHO.

You never want someone who could be argued to behave like a narcissist in your ranks - even if he did deliver from time to time.......

IMHO, that's where Colin copped it (that and Ale's knee...... and the silly contracts).

Only down the Rangers..........

Leave a comment:

• Rangers77
    replied
    Originally posted by Stanley View Post
    Spot on mate. I never supported Neil's sacking though - TF's first major blunder.
    And perhaps biggest, I now think, Stan. From that, all else followed.

Leave a comment:

• Rangers77
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeems View Post
    I think many supported the sacking of NW at the time, it wasn't just you! I mean, bringing in MH, proven and respected Prem manager who could definitely teach our forwards a thing or two! What could go wrong? Hindsight etc
    Oh God, yeah. Ain't that so. I can remember being in a pub with my pal, the night the transfer window closed, high riding when we'd got SWP over the line..... For the love of God.

Leave a comment:

• FurtiveFox
    replied
    At the time of Neil's sacking we were on the slide after an ok start. Was 50/50 over it at the time.

Leave a comment:

• Jeems
    replied
    Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
    It all turned to s hit when those pair of clowns then refused to sell to the Mittals, brought no one decent in in the summer, sold to Tony in September, and we had then to scratch around and bring in the likes of Traore, SWP, Anton, Gabbidon, Bothroyd and Dudley Campbell....... Then Tony sacked Neil, which was the very worst thing that he could have done. I, shamefully, supported the sacking at the time.
    I think many supported the sacking of NW at the time, it wasn't just you! I mean, bringing in MH, proven and respected Prem manager who could definitely teach our forwards a thing or two! What could go wrong? Hindsight etc

Leave a comment:

• Stanley
    replied
    Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
    It all turned to s hit when those pair of clowns then refused to sell to the Mittals, brought no one decent in in the summer, sold to Tony in September, and we had then to scratch around and bring in the likes of Traore, SWP, Anton, Gabbidon, Bothroyd and Dudley Campbell....... Then Tony sacked Neil, which was the very worst thing that he could have done. I, shamefully, supported the sacking at the time.
    Spot on mate. I never supported Neil's sacking though - TF's first major blunder.

Leave a comment:

• Rangers77
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeems View Post
    Read back in Feb they were offering him out to MLS clubs. Massive waste. Our championship winning team had it all - pace, creativity, grit. Cant believe we are where we are!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X