• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
    more ajax fans opinions of this player.

does not make good reading..
    http://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comme...son_from_ajax/
    Torgle says "Ajax fans pretend to be sad about getting 5 million pounds for a completely flopped striker."

See some posts from Newcastle & Arsenal fans, seems they're monitoring the situation as they want Remy.

The Daily Mail link didn't work, says "The page you have requested does not exist or is no longer available."

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
      Sounds like a young Heider. And not just due to nationality.

This is prob tempting fate, but if we got him AND Remy stays - yes I know the odds are against it - that gives the manager quite a head-ache. Will probably get myself shot on here but I cd see Charlie under those circs dropping to the subs bench.
      If Remy stays, and we sign this guy, add to that if Adel stays and has his head right there will be no room for sentiment and I would fully expect Charlie to be behind them in the pecking order IF and a big IF they are all playing to potential. To do well in the premiership you will need 4 very good attacking players and those 4 are. Football these days is a squad game anyway so they would all get their chance.

As I said it is a IF they all stay/sign and play well scenario.
      @chrisrobson9

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
        No one has said he's signed!
        Neither did I did I? - a fee has been agreed with Ajax - was just pointing out it was reported a fee had been agreed also for Caulker and that didn't materialise.

Comment

I'm not sure if this is a good move. Time will tell.

I watched him play a few games last season and I barely remember him. His scoring record is not that good. Anyway Icelanders have a good reputation and the ones I worked with seems to be model pros.

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
            BUt there will still be people suggesting £10m for Rhodes would be a better option......

Comment

Originally posted by madara View Post

I watched him play a few games last season and I barely remember him. His scoring record is not that good. Anyway Icelanders have a good reputation and the ones I worked with seems to be model pros.
              Are you on a wind up? 1 in 2 at any level is top class, let alone at international level and for a club like Ajax. Some strikers are happy with 1 in 3 or 4.
              @chrisrobson9

Comment

Originally posted by madara View Post

To be fair you must have been used to that watching Park for QPR the season before

Anyway I will judge the lad fairly and give him a chance if he comes. Which means unless he scores within 5 minutes of coming on like Hitchcock did he is a complete flop.

Comment

Now comes the delay as the player's agent will shop him around for a better deal.

Comment

Sounds like him and Charlie won't be able to play at the same time. But I have a good feeling about him.

Comment

There are some similarities for Heidar and Kolbeinn especially hard working, good at heading the ball and team effort but Kolbeinn has a much better technique.
                      Should do well in the PL like moste players coming over from Ajax - last being Christian Ericsen at Spurs, Verthongen is another, Van der Vaart, Nigel de Jong once of Man.City, Suarez, Pieenar, Vermaalen, Heitinga and Kanu.
                      There are few that have not played in PL but should do well like Snijder, Ibrahamovic and Jan Huntelaar
                      Yes Ajax has had a lot of good players

Comment

Any that didn't do so well? There must be some flops.

Comment

Originally posted by fisnik View Post
                          Sounds like him and Charlie won't be able to play at the same time. But I have a good feeling about him.
                          I was thinking the same, seems like Harry wants to carry on with one up top and this lad fits the bill. Gonna be a grinding season again!

Comment

He wont be enough on his own, a slightly sharper version of Charlie as discussed earlier. His goal scoring record is in and out, 10 for Ajax last season doesn't exactly set the world on fire. Get to the by-line to provide and he is sharp enough.

We don''t have and wont be getting a forward who can go past defenders, which puts a massive premium on quality of service. But our attacking mid park options are poor without an in form AT. We're going to need him and Remy as well at this rate.

Comment

Originally posted by fisnik View Post
                              Any that didn't do so well? There must be some flops.
                              Maybe, since you mentioned it, you should be able pick up some names of former Ajax players that were flops - waiting for those names

Comment

Originally posted by hh9 View Post
                                Maybe, since you mentioned it, you should be able pick up some names of former Ajax players that were flops - waiting for those names
                                Suarez

Comment

Working...
                                X