Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Tim Sherwood Is Appointed Would You Be Happy Or Not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
    without a doubt, but I think there were times where we as fans used to put the bulk of the criticism on individual players and performances. Now JFH has been getting the criticism for poor individual performances from players. Just as an example, if someone isn't playing well enough offensively, it's not because they're not doing it well enough that game, it's because JFH is stopping them from doing it.
    Yeah, and he stops them from doing it by playing them out of their actual position.
    Let's be honest, the two main players who have got criticism for their offensive performances are the two players that have been consistently played out of position by JFH - Cousins and Washington.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
      Yeah, and he stops them from doing it by playing them out of their actual position.
      Let's be honest, the two main players who have got criticism for their offensive performances are the two players that have been consistently played out of position by JFH - Cousins and Washington.
      I dunno man, there's been a lot of criticism aimed at Chery as well, not saying it's warranted or not, but the criticism is generally not that the player is bad but the manager is holding them back. It was never like that in the past.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
        I dunno man, there's been a lot of criticism aimed at Chery as well, not saying it's warranted or not, but the criticism is generally not that the player is bad but the manager is holding them back. It was never like that in the past.
        I put the stem of that down to negative tactics from the manager in not being able to get the best out of them - we've all seen the dross on show this season.
        Either they've been played out of position and can't fulfill their full potential out of position, or the tactics and approach to the game from JFH stifles all attacking intent and flair.

We know JFH's style seems to be rigid, grinding out results and staying solid based football - This style implemented on the team doesn't help the offensive flair type player.

Comment

I put the stem of that down to negative tactics from the manager in not being able to get the best out of them - we've all seen the dross on show this season.
          Either they've been played out of position and can't fulfill their full potential out of position, or the tactics and approach to the game from JFH stifles all attacking intent and flair.

We know JFH's style seems to be rigid, grinding out results and staying solid based football - This style implemented on the team doesn't help the offensive flair type player.
          I agree, but I also notice that he does want at least one position to be a bit more free role, when you play this style, I think what really differentiates this side with the Warnock title winning side was that one player in that side was allowed to just be free. Ultimately, our current equivalent would be Chery but I think that JFH doesn't yet feel the rest of the team is as solid and dependable as it should be to even consider carrying one player on workrate. I really hope that with Luongo and Ariel getting more time together and the return of Yeni to play with Pawel on the wings, we can actually just let Chery free to do what he wants offensively. His vision is phenomenal and a lot of the time, he's been let down by the players he's set up. Even against Brentford, first 15 minutes, he set up a couple of huge chances, on being from a backheel inside the box that led to a blocked shot. Once he gets that freedom, he can thrive, but the rest of the team just needs to solidify a bit too.
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

I haven't voted as I'm undecided if he would be a good appt or not. Only really managed for what? Just over a season in total? At Spurs he had some very good players as we have seen over the last two seasons and at Villa they had been destined for the drop for years getting progressively worse and I'm not sure anyone would have been able to save them so it's hard to judge Sherwood on his time at villa. What i do know is when he joined he got them playing some good stuff and they had a good bounce under him but ultimately the stench rose back to the top and they reverted back to how they were before he arrived so for me he had a thankless task to begin with.

But and it is a big but......

If he was that sought after and genuinely very highly thought of, why hasn't he already got back into management. Les either thinks he is the best thing since sliced bread or it's him keeping his mates employed and this is the crucial part... Does Les have the clubs best intrests at heart by employing a mate and not scouting the football world for the best man for the job and the best thing for QPR and not the best thing for Les Ferdinand. I would have serious doubts about his intentions and his character if this appt were true.

Comment

I really don't think he will take it if it's offered to him. Don't think he will work with his old backroom staff above him, and he still sees himself as premier league or at least a club that's ready for it.

Comment

I appreciate and respect any fan trying to see a positive in JFH and what he is trying to do, but it's a no from me - I personally see no positives with him.

It's glaringly obvious his tactics are stiffing this young teams attacking potential - the shackles need to be released. The style needs to be more expansive, there needs to be a pattern of play. The players we have should be able to express themselves more. It shouldn't just be Chery with an expressive free-role in that final third.

Look at Brentford, when they have the ball in the final 3rd, players cross-over, make runs, and most of all play with freedom. Whereas we don't.

Comment

Thoughts from a Villa fan on a mixed forum:

He plays very attacking football, sometimes to the point of stupidity. However, if you allow him to actually sign his own players, something he's never been able to do (no signings at Spurs, Paddy Reilly signing everyone at Villa), he may actually turn out alright. Probably the most likeable manager we've had in years, though I do realise that is no reflection upon his ability.

Don't take his time at Villa as gospel, he should never have taken that job, and nor should any manager until we rooted out the main poison of the club at the time (Randy, I'm looking at you), but a young manager will take the job, as he and Garde did, and they both took HUGE dents to their reputations because of it. Garde, probably rightly, utterly clueless, but Tim, I don't know.

Comment

If this Burke gets the job then I give up
                    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

The Villa supporter makes a good point. Toxic environment.

I think Sherwood could come good, but he will be odds on if Les stays post JFH

Comment

I really hope we don't have another "Fulham" moment,should have be beaten but scrape lucky win,and Jimmy gets another life line,no matter what the result on Saturday I don't think Jimmy deserves a new contract. I'm not a huge fan of Sherwood but he surely would be an improvement on JFH ,I'd tank Clement or Neville if offered,but neither are friends with Les !!

Comment

Look at Brentford, when they have the ball in the final 3rd, players cross-over, make runs, and most of all play with freedom. Whereas we don't.
                          Have to say that is because our attcking players are absolutely sh*t.

Took a CM to get a proper cross in the box from the wing against Bristol City....perhaps the only one I've seen all season.

Comment

I think he can be a good manager
                            "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                              Have to say that is because our attcking players are absolutely sh*t.

Took a CM to get a proper cross in the box from the wing against Bristol City....perhaps the only one I've seen all season.
                              Hardly think they should be disregarded as just sh1t.

They aren't applied properly or given any freedom by looks of it.

Wzaolek is a Polish international, Chery has been a Dutch international and has the highest creation rate in the league.
                              We haven't seen enough of Yeni yet - Shodipo looks promising, and Cousins if applied properly is a real talent in this league as shown last season at Charlton.
                              Not to mention Luongo.

Brentford's attacking players came out of league 1 and below.

Clarke was at Barnet last season, Sawyers at Walsall and Scott Hogan was at Rochdale - I mean come on...
                              They just played with a freedom, confidence, fluidity and no fear.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                                If this Burke gets the job then I give up
                                Theres worst burkes than Sherwood :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X