Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Tim Sherwood Is Appointed Would You Be Happy Or Not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kit View Post
    Please tell how you know so well that he wouldn't be? I don't particularly like Sherwood but equally I don't know if he would be good or bad but i see no reason why we wouldn't give him a chance. I use to hate Warnock but look where he took us.
    I think we got Warnock at a point when he'd learned a few lessons and mellowed a bit with age. As a younger manager he used to really rub me up the wrong way!

Here's hoping that if we do hire Sherwood he's learned a little bit about man management and how to handle the press from his departures from Spurs and Villa.

Comment

• Why are fans not willing to give Sherwood a go? Because if it is purely for the reason of his gilet/thinking he turned us down for money (which isn't true)/thinking he is arrogant - then what ridiculous reasons IMO.

Didn't do too badly at Spurs and he must of had something for such a hard face owner like Levy to give him a permanent deal.
      Villa was an absolute poisoned chalice for any manager, and he still guided them to an FA cup final - He remains popular with many Villa fans.
      Not to mention he didn't even get a transfer window to bring his own players in at either club.

I'd be more than happy to give him a go - He certainly has more experience than JFH.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
        I think we got Warnock at a point when he'd learned a few lessons and mellowed a bit with age. As a younger manager he used to really rub me up the wrong way!

Here's hoping that if we do hire Sherwood he's learned a little bit about man management and how to handle the press from his departures from Spurs and Villa.
        I think that would be highly unlikely Tarbie he'd be here as part of chairman Lezes fundermental party , they will not be entertained they will come and pay to keep me in power

Comment

• For whatever it's worth, a Villa fan at work said the general feeling amongst their supporters is that Timmy was let go far too soon. He was generally well liked, was considered to be doing a good job and it was the squad that was the problem. He said by the time Tim was in charge it didn't matter who the manager was, they were going down.

I've got to say, not for nothing but I always thought Tim had something about him. Sure he's a bit arrogant but id wager players would warm to him and want to play for him.

Lets have it right, we're not going to get Big Sam, Pearson or any other kind of old school, boot up the #### type manager.....that's not what the club want. Whoever gets the job will have to believe in blooding youth, bring fresh ideas to the table and will be seen as a long term appointment. In theory, JFH ticked all of those boxes but has got the basic fundamentals disastrously wrong during his time here...aka...playing people in their natural f'n positions!!!

Either Tim or Roberto DiMatteo would be my picks. Ideally, I'd wait until Moyes was available and see if he'd be up for it. I mean he took on the Sunderland job so surely we're no worse a proposition than they are!!!

Comment

• Could do worse then Sherwood could do better. Safe pair of hands

Comment

• Vila veterans reunion !!!

Comment

• As i said before i would even get in Mike Bassett over JFH ...

if we do end up with Sherwood, it would again need to be on a rolling type contract in case it ends up to be another JFH situation ..

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                  Could do worse then Sherwood could do better. Safe pair of hands
                  He'd certainly be willing to work under chairman Les , is that a good thing ? I don't know !

Comment

• Sham Turdwood
                    Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                    but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                    http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

• Originally posted by EssexR View Post
                      For whatever it's worth, a Villa fan at work said the general feeling amongst their supporters is that Timmy was let go far too soon. He was generally well liked, was considered to be doing a good job and it was the squad that was the problem. He said by the time Tim was in charge it didn't matter who the manager was, they were going down.

I've got to say, not for nothing but I always thought Tim had something about him. Sure he's a bit arrogant but id wager players would warm to him and want to play for him.

Lets have it right, we're not going to get Big Sam, Pearson or any other kind of old school, boot up the #### type manager.....that's not what the club want. Whoever gets the job will have to believe in blooding youth, bring fresh ideas to the table and will be seen as a long term appointment. In theory, JFH ticked all of those boxes but has got the basic fundamentals disastrously wrong during his time here...aka...playing people in their natural f'n positions!!!

Either Tim or Roberto DiMatteo would be my picks. Ideally, I'd wait until Moyes was available and see if he'd be up for it. I mean he took on the Sunderland job so surely we're no worse a proposition than they are!!!
                      Moyes??? FFS.

You half persuaded me on Timmy, but then you came out with that.

Comment

• Originally posted by EssexR View Post
                        For whatever it's worth, a Villa fan at work said the general feeling amongst their supporters is that Timmy was let go far too soon. He was generally well liked, was considered to be doing a good job and it was the squad that was the problem. He said by the time Tim was in charge it didn't matter who the manager was, they were going down.

Good points about Sherwood and Sam etc including JFH, however, I think you could be
                        wrong about Moyes, because I doubt he or any experienced manager will want to work under a DoF like Les. They usually prefer to do things their own way and with their own staff.

If he didnt mind then yes he could be a good appointment.

Going back to Sherwood, he could do a decent job at QPR, because I think there is a reasonable squad to work with just needs a bit of tinkering (the loan window is still open) and players need to be played in their own and favoured positions i.e. Cousins is not a right winger and Washington not a lone striker.

Comment

• Originally posted by skranger View Post
                          As i said before i would even get in Mike Bassett over JFH ...

if we do end up with Sherwood, it would again need to be on a rolling type contract in case it ends up to be another JFH situation ..
                          I agree about the rolling contract but just question whether this would be acceptable to Sherwood (although I guess being out of work or job offers he doesn't have a lot of options).

Comment

• If we aren't a big enough embarrassment as it is, having this massive turd jumping up and down, running down the touchline faking that QPR is his life, not for me

Comment

• Originally posted by TimPR78 View Post
                              If we aren't a big enough embarrassment as it is, having this massive turd jumping up and down, running down the touchline faking that QPR is his life, not for me
                              Could you elaborate some more on why you dislike him? Is it just the fact you don't like him running up and down the touchline?
                              Just interested in why some dislike him - Is there any real substance to the hate?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                                Moyes??? FFS.

You half persuaded me on Timmy, but then you came out with that.
                                Moyes really isn't a bad manager. Pep Guardiola would struggle at Sunderland and for all the stick he got, Moyes really didn't do THAT terribly at Man Utd. He suffered from the fact he wasn't Sir Alex! Even LVG last year and Mourinho now aren't exactly doing any better than he did whilst there.

Cant comment on his time at Sociedad because I didn't pay any attention to it.

Options aren't exactly at a premium either way. I don't think Sherwood is nearly as bad as people are making him out to be either. I actually think a lot of the hostility is purely because he's ex Spurs and is considered another "jobs for the boys" type appointment by Les (if it ever happened).

Comment

Working...
                                X